Ben Roberts - 2011 Discussion Thread

Should Ben Roberts Play Next Week against the Dragons?

• Yes - Starting Side

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - Bench

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont think anyone doubts that he is not a good player, but would make a difference to our team? i dont think so.
we have a halfback problem, we have no halfback, we have the slowest halfback in the comp who cant create anything.
in 2009 we had a slow halfback who stuggled to create much outright but all that needed to happen was to get the ball to roberts with space to either take the line on, draw the defence and put morris through, get an early pass out to morris or put his grubber in behind

my theory is roberts would make a difference for this team

C

chipandchase

in 2009 we had a slow halfback who stuggled to create much outright but all that needed to happen was to get the ball to roberts with space to either take the line on, draw the defence and put morris through, get an early pass out to morris or put his grubber in behind

my theory is roberts would make a difference for this team
if he plays 5/8 then Keating has to go to halfback, Hodkinson is slower than BK at the age of 22/23 and doesnt create anything.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should've offered Daly Cherry Evans the Hodkinson money.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should make a proper one, he played plenty of footy for us, pity he never got a GF.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That is the game we reference Rod.

In all honesty, of course you could make a video highlighting all the good stuff, but also a video highlighting all the bad stuff. Reality is, he has not been treated well at all this year, and Moore broke his promise.

Roberts needs to be given a chance to play in the top side. Surely the Keating / Roberts combination cannot be any worse than the current one.

If he costs us a game so be it. It is not as if Hodkinson is winning us any games, so no difference at all.

A further thing mods, can we consolidate all the Roberts threads into 1 so that my prediction can come true?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That game was the 3rd highest line break assists or try assists since stats started in 1998.

No half can live up to that standard week in and out. Roberts obtained 1-3 line breaks and try assists a game, many great kicks and goal line drop outs and he was owned on this site for a bad performance.

When our current halves live up to those "average" stats I would be a happy man

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That game was the 3rd highest line break assists or try assists since stats started in 1998.

No half can live up to that standard week in and out. Roberts obtained 1-3 line breaks and try assists a game, many great kicks and goal line drop outs and he was owned on this site for a bad performance.

When our current halves live up to those "average" stats I would be a happy man
This might be the best post you have ever made. I agree 100%

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
good luck to him but ultimately any of his "career" highlights never translated into further success for our club and gnerally he underperformed and he wouldnt be too happy with his overall success. Had he helped us win a premiership during his time here on the other hand then he could have looked back with fulfilllment, and he may yet get a chance to prove that this year if he is called upon during the year for any reason.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck to him but ultimately any of his "career" highlights never translated into further success for our club and gnerally he underperformed and he wouldnt be too happy with his overall success. Had he helped us win a premiership during his time here on the other hand then he could have looked back with fulfilllment, and he may yet get a chance to prove that this year if he is called upon during the year for any reason.
He had over 27 try assists after 2009 and took us to a preliminary final, 1 out of 3 finals series for us.

Keating on the other hand, has never played in a finals series and some how this dud is meant to get us a premiership just 'cause him and hoskinson showered together at junior level? please.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He had over 27 try assists after 2009 and took us to a preliminary final, 1 out of 3 finals series for us.

Keating on the other hand, has never played in a finals series and some how this dud is meant to get us a premiership just 'cause him and hoskinson showered together at junior level? please.
1 player doesn't take you to a finals series. The whole team performed well in 09

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score

i'm not comparing keating to roberts, i was simply stating that roberts would feel like he underachieved here. although the season aint over yet and he may still have a chance in the top grade before the season is over.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts had flashes of brilliance but was never near consistent enough

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah he would help us continue our losing streak and compound issues. Roberts had years to prove himself and having 6 good games all year doesnt cut it

gf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if he plays 5/8 then Keating has to go to halfback, Hodkinson is slower than BK at the age of 22/23 and doesnt create anything.
Maybe the club should stop BK coaching Trent. Oh sorry...that was the only way they could get him to stop playing! Keating is not a halfback...he is a lock or 5/8. I say BK leave Trent alone to play his own game! Then let people judge.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL classic thread. Good work Rodzilla! I see what you did there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.