Ben Cummins is the ref again for our game.....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Forget Cummins did you guys see the line up… Averillo still in the centres, jmk still there and Waddell starting. I actually don’t give a f anymore hope we lose every game and Baz can fuck off.
Staggs is going to make Averillo look line a little boy

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Deadset fuck this. I’m so over the Fucking shit that goes against us every Fucking time with these shit *****. I don’t condone bottling and shit but deadset I’d be fine if someone just uppercutted this ***** Chin off.

Our first decent chance for a month and we get a handicap of this fucking corrupt cum bucket
Rough day champ?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Think Baz has a point here. We all know the refs are going to give us short shrift. So what are the players going to do about it. Turn up and defend.

Believe the Rorters were the most penalised team last year, and they did ok. So its possible if you believe.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We had the only player last round sin binned for ruck infringements, however i saw plenty of them in other games last week. I saw 3 x 6 agains in 1 set, then 2 more within 5 minutes by the same team. Nobody binned there.

That binning turned our game up side down and blew the margin out. Its BS he can just do that, it shouldnt be a rule. Theres no advantage giving up lots of penalties, if its in their half they can kick for touch and start in an attacking position, if its in our half they may be able to score tries or goals. a penalty is sufficient.

Since they changed the 6 again rule for inside your own 40m, they need to scrap the rule they can bin anyone for repeat infringements by different players. I get angry every time i think about that binning. It was extremely unfair. Im not saying we win without the decision, but it majorly changed the outcome of the game.

I am mostly sick to death of referees deciding the outcomes of matches, it should be up to the players. So many poor decisions other teams also get. How robbed were Knights vs St Merge. 100% Knights should have had a shot at goal in the final minutes (and won) for the offside play by St George that was missed. Instead Merge get the ball and end up scoring and its over.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many times has Cummins reffed the Donkos at home, and how many times have they won?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let’s be honest the refs faulters on here would have found an issue no matter who was named as ref.
Maybe, but personally I'd prefer any of the refs over G. Sutton or Cummins. They all have issues, but those two are consistently the worst.

We need Harragon back, go watch the Dogs v Eels 1998 game, so free flowing, true entertainment.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only upside I can conjure up is he was the ref in our only win this year - even though he was desperate to award that try to Fidow, he must have been filthy when the Bunker found a problem to call it back.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but personally I'd prefer any of the refs over G. Sutton or Cummins. They all have issues, but those two are consistently the worst.

We need Harragon back, go watch the Dogs v Eels 1998 game, so free flowing, true entertainment.
Interesting that mention Harrigan because the fans had to same reaction to him as they do with Sutton and Cummins today. There was a massive blow up when we got him for 3 straight finals in 2003.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do a trent robinson and complain that we never win the penalty count with cumstain and sutton
It worked for them when they got the Daily Telegraph to publish a full page story outlining the win/loss stats under Cummins officiating.

They haven't lost many since that day and Even won a GF with the dubious "6 Again Call".

(Can someone please find the stats on our Gerrard Sutton officiated games?)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The club hasn't been happy regarding refereeing for many years.

How could they be ?
The comments on this article on Facebook are absolutely scathing on Annesley. Seems like every supporter base, bar Roosters and Penrith, reckon the refs and bunker are either inept or biased against lesser teams and its affecting results.

Last edited: