Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba on NRL 360 tonight hopefully some answers
I really hope they don't just ignore the elephant in the room. One way or another this rumour needs to be put to bed.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
It will drag on. He will probably say something like "Im happy at the Dogs and want to stay and at the moment my ex is happy in Sydney but, If they ever did decide to go I'd have to follow"
Or If he is fishing for an upgrade, he might throw a bit more fuel on the fire.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no problem if he feels he is not being paid his worth and is asking for an increase, just don't do it this way. Be honest and say "I believe I'm worth X" can/will you give it to me?" then play the family card.

As much as it burns me, a player is worth whatever a club is willing to pay for him.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are there not clauses in contracts which allow for a pay rise...

Why didnt his manager allow for those clauses eg: My player makes SOO should get automatic 50K a year onwards for the term of this contract... plays for AUS or NZ 100K a year increase onwards for the term of this contract... wins Dally M 75K a year increase for the term of this current contract etc....

i know its hard for the club to balance its books and to work out all this stuff, but im sure it gets done....

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are there not clauses in contracts which allow for a pay rise...

Why didnt his manager allow for those clauses eg: My player makes SOO should get automatic 50K a year onwards for the term of this contract... plays for AUS or NZ 100K a year increase onwards for the term of this contract... wins Dally M 75K a year increase for the term of this current contract etc....

i know its hard for the club to balance its books and to work out all this stuff, but im sure it gets done....
There probably is but he's probbly asking more than what is allowable in the clause? Don't know. Just guessing with this.

We need to do everything in our power to keep him. I'm sick of seeing our players kill it elsewhere.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
They should swap Bennys contract with T-Rexs. That way he gets more money and T-Rex will be free to go next year. Problem solved.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-and-preview-r20/story-fni3g67w-1226684348876

A few interesting comments from Ben himself in this live chat today...
What a fukn joke. I was starting to think it was all bs and that he was going nowhere but after reading that, not very confident. Seems like a big distraction too. So we just keep paying him until he decides to leave. His attitude towards the club seems very poor tbh.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In all honesty I don't wana see him in other colours. We made him who he is. We stuck by him and we still are. How can the dogs just let him out the front door. Replacement or not there's not many barbas in this comp and his a real X factor when his got his head screwed on. C'mon dogs do what it takes and keep him here!
Time for Benny to come someone else's problem child.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-and-preview-r20/story-fni3g67w-1226684348876

A few interesting comments from Ben himself in this live chat today...
At first, I thought it was a media beat up.

However, having heard Barba himself talk about it and reading these comments reinforces my belief that I am sure that at some stage he will leave to play for a Qld team. Whether its at the end of the year, in a year or at the end of this contract, its going to happen.

We need a viable option as his replacement at which time we will be able to say thanks for the memories Benny. I would have loved for him to say "I don't want to play for anyone else". Quite clearly, he doesn't intend to stick around. As soon as a replacement of like quality is available, we should act and not wait for Benny to make his mind up. Otherwise, the Bulldogs will again be left in the lurch! However, quality replacements are hard to come by and it may take time.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Barba says: If anything a decision would be made at the end of the year but at the moment my focus is getting the Dogs into another finals series.
crowther90
dean crowther
@crowther90
#askbarba @FOXNRLLive when will we know if your coming to broncos

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
like ive always said the good news is that barba will be out to make a point that he is worth all this money, so its something to look forward to for the rest of this year, no complacency guaranteed and i think the last 2 games have been proof of it

i wouldn't be surprised if someone got into his ear telling him he needed to show more or he realised it himself

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
After those comments I hope he is gone after this year. The last thing we need is another year of Benny Barba dramas.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
like ive always said the good news is that barba will be out to make a point that he is worth all this money, so its something to look forward to for the rest of this year, no complacency guaranteed and i think the last 2 games have been proof of it

i wouldn't be surprised if someone got into his ear telling him he needed to show more or he realised it himself
Rodzilla with a positive upside to something. Wow!

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Barba was on the edge of selection for years and the club brought him along slowly for his own benefit. He had a sensational year last year but the Storm worked him out. This year he has had one drama after another and frankly has only shown glimpses. There may be off field issues making him like this but at the moment I wouldn't rate him as irreplaceable.

We are now talking about "potential" and "ifs" when we talk about Barba. First preference is that he stays and plays like he did in 2012. If he continues to play like he does now I would tell him to follow his heart to Queensland. The Bulldogs are one of the top clubs in the competition. We only want the best and we only want players who will give their heart to the club.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Well, thats that then! End thread!
its not the end tbh, we still have some wrinkles of the story to discuss

are we going to top up the contract, are we only not going to release without receiving x amount of compensation, does barba still feel its his decision to make and if no top up does it mean we would be enforcing him to play out the contract in which case he will certainly favour leaving us after the contract is up

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, thats that then! End thread!
Not even close to being over.

From the sounds of today's events, Benny wants to leave after this season but the club plans to force him to stay two more years.

Strap yourselves in people, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.