Ben Barba's future remains up in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
did he hack into the barba twitter as well to promote this blog?

quite an elaborate operation they have got going on there tbh
Benny was tweeting through the NRL360 account, not his own personal account. He was a guest tweeter for the show from 4pm to 5pm.

The only certain thing at the moment is that Barba is a Bulldog in 2013. We will have to wait for something official from the Bulldogs in regards to 2014 onwards. We probably wont hear anything until the end of the year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes as good as gone lets face it ,but how coy all parties are its like they all know something ,hopefully its because falou is the final piece to this puzzle

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob
@RobDoggies
Straight out Benny, ur a champion! But are you still PROUDTOBEABULLDOG? #askbarba

Barba says: At the moment I still am and I am focused on playing good footy with the dogs before anything else

-----------------------

really Benny, really, "At the moment", a simple, "of course i am" would of been preferred answer, have fun at Broncos next year, everyone can be replaced
Yeah as a fan that's really not what you want to hear, pretty disappointing. He is quickly loosing any support from the fans.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
broncos have a set play for recruiting players. they get the misses a good paying job doing nothing and then the player has to follow her.... it was the same with inglis, but then rusty offered bigger perks and he went to souths.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Folau has been training with the Sea Eagles all week.

This whole thing could be made into a soap opera plot.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I'm all for releasing him to be with his family. Since its not an issue of money and he just wants to be with his family he won't mind if we don't let him play for another club until his contract expires.

After all its not the clubs fault he went chasing tail and ****ed up his relationship is it? We did however stand by him during his darkest moments and disciplinary indiscretions but if that means nothing to him then he can go but not play anywhere else

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
team barba now stepping it up to phase 2 escalation i think
Gotta say your conspiracy theories have been pretty much 100% spot on the whole time with this barba bullshit. It must be annoying for guys like The Greatest getting fed obviously complete and utter bullshit from the club(and team barba) on this subject.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Does not anyone remember his ex partners tweet making a joke out of thiis whole scenario?

Media won't report that though as it counters their entire story.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does not anyone remember his ex partners tweet making a joke out of thiis whole scenario?

Media won't report that though as it counters their entire story.
What was said?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What was said?
Something along the lines of "I heard you're going to France" it was a tweet when the rumors were him going here and there and everywhere.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Something along the lines of "I heard you're going to France" it was a tweet when the rumors were him going here and there and everywhere.
Ha!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He's still contracted to the ARU that's how
So being in a contract with the ARU stops you from training with other people? Okay mate.

I didn't say he was going to sign with the Sea Eagles, I just said he has been spotted training with them all week.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From my understanding when they done an interview with his mum & dad I think it was, that brisbane overlooked him for being to small (funny from a club that had alfie) so for me its quite annoying that we give him a go only to be grabbed after all the work and effort is done... by the club not prepared to give him a run in the first place....does he hold no pride, that's footy these days though.

The other thing is that in 2011 it has to be said that he was borderline crap, I knew he was good just like when I saw Lockys first game (you can just tell with the good ones) but his game was worked on to be who he is now. Remember he couldn't catch or tackle and we fixed that for him making him the more complete package he is today (well 2012).

I am so troubled by this issue, firstly I never want a player around the club that doesn't want to be there but this point of view stems back when loyalty was still number one in the game and most players could never see themselves playing for another club. Now players are just whores! Secondly I want him gone because I am sooo sick of the rumours, but once again why should any other club win from this. Thirdly as mentioned by most on here, he has a contract for two more years so, "is it up to him OR US if he leaves? Sure if we make him stay he will go in two years but I still think a contract is a contract and it should be honoured! And this should be enforced in the NRL and I am sick of this basic life lesson being watered down by these people.

I don't know what sort of cash he is on and for once I would like to know so I can form an opinion as to whether or not he should have a contract upgrade or this whole thing is a manager being a greedy dick issue, I mean if we are paying him say 300k or less than yeah ok give him another 100k if that satisfies him and keeps him at the club. Then offer him more money when the current contract he has already agreed and signed too is up for the next one.

My train of thought regarding the qld teams. Gold coast have said not interested (once again goodluck believing any nrl club), Brisbane apparently are chasing Cam Smith and the figure being floated around is 1.5mil per year (wow) so how could they afford Barba who would be around the 500k atleast mark??? And for Nth qld, well they are just as far away as sydney so if his missus is moving to bris-vegas than what is he achieving other than a money increase and proving it has nothing to do with his family???

So much to say, IMO we can't just let him because all we are doing is leaving ourselves short in the player department and he is too good to let go. UNLESS we sign Folau that is or someone of the same calibre, so we need to cover our bases first before letting him go and whoever gets him should pay through the arse for him even if its just satisfaction for me. Tough stance as I also know what it is like to live away from your kids and the lows involved with this but unless my assumptions are incorrect his family breakdown was massively helped due to his party life style and most likely cheating on his missus, so who would stay and this situation is SELF inflicted.... I have very little pity for this scenario and people who bring it on themselves (it happened to me).

I just wish this issue was taken care of and perhaps its time for all the card to be placed on the table. The Bulldogs should come out officially and say "Sorry, unless we can replace him he WILL be with us for the next two years as per his contract so all clubs go fuk off and don't bother". Rumours ended......................
If he was refused Brisbane earlier in his career then why in the hell would you want to go there again? I can’t understand that especially if you were told you were crap.
If he really wants to go then I’m sure Bulldogs would know & they would have a replacement setup.

Loyalty is long gone. The mighty dollar is king. Their careers are relatively short so I would be the same.

Rumours are annoying. He has stated that his focus is currently to the end of this year so I’m sweet with that.

Contracts in the NRL mean very little. The NRL needs to do some work here. Hopefully TG can tighten this up in the future.

If he does leave how will the Bulldogs get compensated especially if we end up short a suitable replacement.

If this is occurring purely because his kids are moving to GC or Brisbane then fair enough. I would certainly do the same. If it is purely about money then his manager is going the wrong way about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.