Ben Barba's future remains up in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milford has just asked raiders for a release. He wants to activate the clause in his contract and go back to Brisbane as his father is ill. With Keating going to super league some money can be spent topping up Barba's contract. I do think its just his manager trying to get some more dough for himself.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Milford has just asked raiders for a release. He wants to activate the clause in his contract and go back to Brisbane as his father is ill. With Keating going to super league some money can be spent topping up Barba's contract. I do think its just his manager trying to get some more dough for himself.
What is Barba on at the moment anyway??? 400 ks/ year???

surely we are not going to double his earnings and give him GIs pay packet just after one real good season....that too when he is in the middle of an existing contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Scott Prince set to press on playing for Broncos next season with his current contract due to expire in 2014.

In addition Broncos are happy to honor Peter Wallaces deal which also expires next year.

Add both of these together with Milford wanting to head to Broncos, and I'd say something positive is happening with our club and Barba.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport.../story-fniabm4i-1226690910441?from=public_rss

Same place who was blowing the Barbas to Broncos trumpet the loudest. I'd say Operation: "Fool Media into thinking Barba is moving north", has failed dismally.

While Wallace's days are over in the No.7 jumper, Prince may yet be a contingency at five-eighth next year. The Broncos are privately hoping to secure Ben Barba or Anthony Milford at pivot, but should neither arrive in 2014, Prince could still be a back-up option, particularly if the club was to suffer a scrumbase injury crisis.
If Milford heads to Broncos, watch the Barba rumours die pretty quickly.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Ainslies latest Twitter Backgorund picture is another picture of Sydney.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ainslies latest Twitter Backgorund picture is another picture of Sydney.
It seems pretty obvious he is back with her but is keeping it on the down-low. They both want to move back to Brisbane and they are using threats that she will just up and go to try and scam a release.

I am sure there is no way she would just up and leave.

Also correct me if I am wrong, but I thought if one parent wanted to move kids interstate they needed the blessing of the other parent. He could just stop her from going if it came down to it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It seems pretty obvious he is back with her but is keeping it on the down-low. They both want to move back to Brisbane and they are using threats that she will just up and go to try and scam a release.

I am sure there is no way she would just up and leave.

Also correct me if I am wrong, but I thought if one parent wanted to move kids interstate they needed the blessing of the other parent. He could just stop her from going if it came down to it.
I'm pretty sure your correct on that, one parent can't just grab the kids and move interstate without permission or having done so under covering laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.