Ben Barba sacked by Cowboys and facing deregistration - Consolidated Thread

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The weak **** needs a mad bashing.

He is a load that should of been gargled and spat back in his dad's face.
A ratbag, I can’t believe he keeps getting away with it. Maybe this might be it him for him but I bet his wife again won’t press charges.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is an archive article from 2013

NRL head of football Todd Greenberg has said he has no regrets over the way he handled the Ben Barba issue when he was at Canterbury, and that he would do the same again.

The former Bulldogs chief executive addressed the issue publicly for the first time, speaking to Grandstand on-air on Sunday during coverage of the Queensland Cup grand final.

Earlier this month an independent inquiry by Tony Bannon, SC, cleared Canterbury and Greenberg of wrongdoing in their handling of the Barba issue.

The probe came after a newspaper published pictures of Barba's ex-partner Ainslie Currie with a cut to her face, prompting claims of a cover up by the club for failing to inform the NRL about the incident.

Greenberg and the Bulldogs were investigated by the code's integrity unit. But Bannon, who produced the report, said there was no case to answer and that both Greenberg and the club had acted appropriately.

"You go into a role like this knowing that media and public scrutiny will be part of it, you go in with your eyes open," Greenberg said.
"This particular (issue) has been difficult, because I have great respect for Ben and Ainslie, and I have worked really hard with them over a long period of time.

"It was an independent investigation commissioned by the league and they've made their findings, and I'm happy they have done that, and that effectively allows me to go on and do the job.

Asked about ongoing speculation on whether he had known of issues of domestic violence, Greenberg said he stood by what he had said in February.

"We stood Ben down for personal reasons, we made decisions that were in the best interests of him, Ainslie and his children," he told Grandstand.
"I would not go into any great detail about the reasons why, other than that.

"It was not helpful for Ben, it was not helpful for his recovery, it certainly wasn't helpful for Ainslie and their children.

"Sometimes, people will pick holes in that and try to make things more difficult than what they are, but I was trying to look after a young, vulnerable family.

"I did that, and I would do it again."
Barba will play for Brisbane next year after a deal was facilitated to allow the former Bulldogs star to head north to be closer to family.

Greenberg said he hoped the move would be a positive one.
"I've got to know Ben over a long period of time - he came to the Dogs the first year that I started in 2008," he said.

"I've watched him grow up from a 17-year-old to what he's become today.

"He's had a really challenging year, that's been documented well through the media, but ultimately, fundamentally, I hope this change for him to go to Brisbane will really ignite his career

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is an archive article from 2013

NRL head of football Todd Greenberg has said he has no regrets over the way he handled the Ben Barba issue when he was at Canterbury, and that he would do the same again.

The former Bulldogs chief executive addressed the issue publicly for the first time, speaking to Grandstand on-air on Sunday during coverage of the Queensland Cup grand final.

Earlier this month an independent inquiry by Tony Bannon, SC, cleared Canterbury and Greenberg of wrongdoing in their handling of the Barba issue.

The probe came after a newspaper published pictures of Barba's ex-partner Ainslie Currie with a cut to her face, prompting claims of a cover up by the club for failing to inform the NRL about the incident.

Greenberg and the Bulldogs were investigated by the code's integrity unit. But Bannon, who produced the report, said there was no case to answer and that both Greenberg and the club had acted appropriately.

"You go into a role like this knowing that media and public scrutiny will be part of it, you go in with your eyes open," Greenberg said.
"This particular (issue) has been difficult, because I have great respect for Ben and Ainslie, and I have worked really hard with them over a long period of time.

"It was an independent investigation commissioned by the league and they've made their findings, and I'm happy they have done that, and that effectively allows me to go on and do the job.

Asked about ongoing speculation on whether he had known of issues of domestic violence, Greenberg said he stood by what he had said in February.

"We stood Ben down for personal reasons, we made decisions that were in the best interests of him, Ainslie and his children," he told Grandstand.
"I would not go into any great detail about the reasons why, other than that.

"It was not helpful for Ben, it was not helpful for his recovery, it certainly wasn't helpful for Ainslie and their children.

"Sometimes, people will pick holes in that and try to make things more difficult than what they are, but I was trying to look after a young, vulnerable family.

"I did that, and I would do it again."
Barba will play for Brisbane next year after a deal was facilitated to allow the former Bulldogs star to head north to be closer to family.

Greenberg said he hoped the move would be a positive one.
"I've got to know Ben over a long period of time - he came to the Dogs the first year that I started in 2008," he said.

"I've watched him grow up from a 17-year-old to what he's become today.

"He's had a really challenging year, that's been documented well through the media, but ultimately, fundamentally, I hope this change for him to go to Brisbane will really ignite his career
To what he’s become today,,, that’s a laugh a drunk, gambler, drugs,wife basher. Must something else he has to achieve.

Last edited:

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he kiddin idn he, gotta be a dead set gee up, he"d been training the house down taking the mickey out of everyone

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg official statement.

" Today Ben barba faces serious allegations at the moment that is what they are allegations ,this incident is under review by the nrl integrity unit.
In the meantime id like to say Australia day is a difficult day for our indigenous people its a day of stress and anger and heartache,we shouldn't be judgmental on this sensitive day, take greg inglis for example he stood up and accepted responsibility for his actions, unlike adam Elliott FROM THE BULLDOGS and speaking of the BULLDOGS ben barba A FORMER BULLDOG was living a troubled life while he was at the BULLDOGS and the post traumatic stress he suffered from the BULLDOGS could of triggered the Australia day incident we shouldn't judge ben till all facts are in place,
Now speaking of BULLDOGS we have an unresolved issue regarding a BULLDOGS player in a sex tape may i remind you there will be ramifications for this i have warned the BULLDOGS there will be fines and suspensions and possible point deductions

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shitcunts gonna shitcunt.
He’s done. Surely no more chances ?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I cannot say enough how bloody useless they both are Greenturd and Beattie

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A ratbag, I can’t believe he keeps getting away with it. Maybe this might be it him for him but I bet his wife again won’t press charges.
If the incident is in public with third party witnesses , that probably wouldn't matter.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
She may this time. If his career’s over, he can’t provide for her anymore, she has nothing to lose.