Opinion Ben barba pod cast

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only person left in Australia without their own podcast?
Nope.
I dont have 1 yet but I just moved the lawn mower out of the back shed.
Im gonna buy the biggest microphone possible, thankfully you wont even be able to see my head.
Gonna run it through a beringer mixer with effects compress the shit out of it straight into my S5 phone.
Should be fun when it rains.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenturd fucked him, instead of helping him and keeping him, he fucked him off!!
This isn’t true, he actually covered for him a lot.
I also suspect there were issues we never knew about.

I remember when I was an Uber driver back in 2013 before I lost my licence I drove a dude from the club who suggested so too. Some marketing dude.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They rave on about TTurbo’s year when he won the DallyM, I think BB’s was way better, he didn’t get piggy backed down the field every game with multiple 6 agains, can you imagine him with the ball in hand getting all those 6 agains ?

2008–13 Canterbury Bulldogs (Plyd) 97 (try’s) 72
2014 Brisbane Broncos 25 8
2015–16 Cronulla Sharks 46 19
2017–18 St Helens 34 34

Wish we’d been able to keep him
Turbos year was against all the bottom 8 teams as well, Benny carved up everyone from 2nd to 16th indiscriminately

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This isn’t true, he actually covered for him a lot.
I also suspect there were issues we never knew about.

I remember when I was an Uber driver back in 2013 before I lost my licence I drove a dude from the club who suggested so too. Some marketing dude.
he was fucking pritchard, or kasianos mrs and slapped her in the locker room... that was the woman who walked on the field and "approached des" so basically he was a dog ****, and made no one want to trust each other

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
he was fucking pritchard, or kasianos mrs and slapped her in the locker room... that was the woman who walked on the field and "approached des" so basically he was a dog ****, and made no one want to trust each other
yeah its hard to keep a player like that around, also shows his morals, he had a baby mumma at home

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t he and Tim Browne get stuck into it at training one day as well? Heard he got pulled away by Jmoz yelling at the team “your nothing without me”.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If we won the grand final his life would have been different. Happy that he is getting his life together he looks a lot better than a few years ago.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if its 200% self inclicted, it must have been incredibly stressful to go from what he had to nothing including shame in 2020.

Soyboys would have necked themselves at that.

That is losing millions, hurting your family and being a national joke.

The he got harassed by the media in his truck.
To overcome that is huge.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his prime he is clear of tedesco, you can only make a case for 2021 trbojevic for a having a better individual season than Barba in 2012.
There’s only 3 that have had a season like that at FB.

Hayne
Barba
Turbo

I argue turbos wasn’t as good because of all the 6 agains … might sound bias but I think BB’s was the best of the 3 ..

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They rave on about TTurbo’s year when he won the DallyM, I think BB’s was way better, he didn’t get piggy backed down the field every game with multiple 6 agains, can you imagine him with the ball in hand getting all those 6 agains ?

2008–13 Canterbury Bulldogs (Plyd) 97 (try’s) 72
2014 Brisbane Broncos 25 8
2015–16 Cronulla Sharks 46 19
2017–18 St Helens 34 34

Wish we’d been able to keep him
Gee what a player on field in his prime. I recall one day BB took a kick in-goal & he took off upfield evading everyone inside our 30m mark. JMoz was alert to it, shadowed him all the way before taking the inside pass for a try near the sticks at the other end. He also later picked up 1 Man of Steel award in ESL (or was it 2?). Oh those were the days. Yes agree, what a waste of talent. He could have been a legend for his onfield deeds.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score

The interviewers aren't the most experienced, but it's interesting enough

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could be talking about him as one of the greats, massive waste of talent and ended up with a tarnished reputation… hopefully he’s turned a corner sorting himself out and found new purpose.