Opinion Belmore stadium upgrade and proud history

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok so I’ve looked into the parking situation.

Special Event Days including Bankwest Stadium Event Days

Car parking is FREE for Parramatta Leagues Club Members (different to Parramatta Eels Membership) on Special Event Days, when accompanied by spending in Parra Leagues.

Whilst our car park is much bigger than it used to be, we encourage you to be early and enjoy your Club’s great new facilities.

Members Free Car Parking

1. Insert your Membership Card at the car park entrance to access the car park
  2. Spend $8* throughout the Club and swipe your Membership Card for free parking all day
  3. Insert your Membership Card at the boom gate to exit the car park
(3-hour free car parking is not available and parking is $25 when Members have not spent within the Club.)

Visitors Free Car Parking

1. Take a ticket to access the car park
  2. Spend $25* in the Club and ask for your ticket to be validated at the time of purchase for free parking all day
  3. Insert your validated ticket at the boom gate to exit the car park
(Parking is $25 for visitors who have not spent within the Club.)

The bad news is you can’t spend the money inside the club on Tab or keno for free parking. It makes me feel a bit sick in the stomach to type this and I suddenly feel itchy BUT it’s cheap to become a member, much cheaper than parking stations and like it or not we have AT LEAST 3.5 years playing there

BECOME A 5 YEAR MEMBER FOR JUST $20

• Receive discounts on food and beverages throughout the Club
  • Earn points to redeem for rewards such as gift cards
  • Receive a reward on your Birthday (Men get a engraved eels wooden spoon with your name on it and women can choose to be touched up by either Blake Ferguson or Maika Sivo)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was actually going to reply this to your first thread. Is that possible?
I’ll put a $100 on the dogs, double or triple my money and get free parking, it’s kinda like monopoly
Looks like you have answered the question. Least if you become a member you’re giving them less money.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Looks like you have answered the question. Least if you become a member you’re giving them less money.
It’s definitely worthwhile and parking is close to the stadium

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Since we are being forced to play there our Bulldogs membership should qualify for free parking too (tip = remove the Bulldogs stickers from the back window).

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I was actually going to reply this to your first thread. Is that possible?
I’ll put a $100 on the dogs, double or triple my money and get free parking, it’s kinda like monopoly
I like it. Although per Turbo’s point, Parra Leagues is a bit like a ‘go straight to jail’ card - no passing go, no $200... :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like it. Although per Turbo’s point, Parra Leagues is a bit like a ‘go straight to jail’ card - no passing go, no $200... :-).
Haha. I hope the food there doesn’t make you choke in true Eels fashion

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I actually went to the trouble of making this for two mates after a quinella. Neither were pleased which made the effort all the more worthwhile :-).

upload_2020-3-6_15-0-21.jpeg

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree except for Oasis but only because it was Liverpool and too far out for many fans. The idea was good in terms of a dedicated facility like Panthers for the Dogs that also include a home ground.
The rest I 100% agree.
I think part of the benefit would have been in getting a foothold in an area that is rapidly growing. If that had translated into having a larger junior nursery as well as the fact that youngsters in the area would be more likely to support the club it would have been great. But as I heard it, the Liverpool council had links to the RSL club and threw spanners in the works out of fear that we'd remove revenue from the poker machine intake. From memory we would also have set up a new facility offering pokies. Further to that when we pushed a proposed contractor out of the development plans, he initiated our salary cap dramas by spitefully exposing that Anasta was being sponsored by the club a bit more closely than was permitted under cap provisions.

All considered what should have ensured a brighter future for the club really blew up in our faces. As far as the council members that got in the way goes, they threw away what would have been a boon for the area in what I consider is shortsighted and probably highly corrupt dealings.

It's a pity we don't have a fortress like home ground anymore. But playing out of Bankwest will be a better experience for fans. The atmosphere at home games has been disappointing for years.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think part of the benefit would have been in getting a foothold in an area that is rapidly growing. If that had translated into having a larger junior nursery as well as the fact that youngsters in the area would be more likely to support the club it would have been great. But as I heard it, the Liverpool council had links to the RSL club and threw spanners in the works out of fear that we'd remove revenue from the poker machine intake. From memory we would also have set up a new facility offering pokies. Further to that when we pushed a proposed contractor out of the development plans, he initiated our salary cap dramas by spitefully exposing that Anasta was being sponsored by the club a bit more closely than was permitted under cap provisions.

All considered what should have ensured a brighter future for the club really blew up in our faces. As far as the council members that got in the way goes, they threw away what would have been a boon for the area in what I consider is shortsighted and probably highly corrupt dealings.

It's a pity we don't have a fortress like home ground anymore. But playing out of Bankwest will be a better experience for fans. The atmosphere at home games has been disappointing for years.
Always vested interests...
Agree short sighted.
Had the second airport among other infrastructure been approved years before it was and the growth of Western Sydney accelerated like it has today it likely could've been massive for the club.
Alas - the plans for the refurbed ANZ look pretty good and as I'm a member there as well we've been consulted 3 times so far on what we do and don't like and what we'd suggest or change.
So hopefully when that's done we'll have a quality home ground and game day experience.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always vested interests...
Agree short sighted.
Had the second airport among other infrastructure been approved years before it was and the growth of Western Sydney accelerated like it has today it likely could've been massive for the club.
Alas - the plans for the refurbed ANZ look pretty good and as I'm a member there as well we've been consulted 3 times so far on what we do and don't like and what we'd suggest or change.
So hopefully when that's done we'll have a quality home ground and game day experience.
It'll be interesting seeing the end result of the refurbishment. Hopefully we'll get a ground that allows for an intense atmosphere. It's still a pity that it's not actually giving much of a home ground advantage when it's shared between multiple clubs.

I'm not sure if Vlandys will be good for the game, but he's actually mentioned that he'd prefer to see games in grounds where the vacant seats don't outnumber the fans by huge proportions.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It'll be interesting seeing the end result of the refurbishment. Hopefully we'll get a ground that allows for an intense atmosphere. It's still a pity that it's not actually giving much of a home ground advantage when it's shared between multiple clubs.

I'm not sure if Vlandys will be good for the game, but he's actually mentioned that he'd prefer to see games in grounds where the vacant seats don't outnumber the fans by huge proportions.
The plans looked pretty good. We got sent some detailed ones, but the basic designs are here: https://www.austadiums.com/news/news.php?id=698
Certainly being permanently rectangular the seating is a lot closer to the action, the roof for crap weather, the facilities etc all look pretty impressive.

It's hard to see stadiums without multiple tenants/mixed use anymore.
New ANZ, new SFS, Bankwest all have it.
It's really only Manly at Crookvale that get away with it because there's nothing else over that way and their supporters don't travel.
Occasional games at Leichhardt, Belmore etc, but I can't see a commercial model where a home ground for each team is the norm.

He's pretty shrewd V'Landys - has done some good stuff at Racing NSW and certainly way sharper than Beattie so we'll see.
I like the fact he's already spoken to Google, Amazon and Facebook about digital rights moving forward rather than just limiting opportunities to local media organisations.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The plans looked pretty good. We got sent some detailed ones, but the basic designs are here: https://www.austadiums.com/news/news.php?id=698
Certainly being permanently rectangular the seating is a lot closer to the action, the roof for crap weather, the facilities etc all look pretty impressive.

It's hard to see stadiums without multiple tenants/mixed use anymore.
New ANZ, new SFS, Bankwest all have it.
It's really only Manly at Crookvale that get away with it because there's nothing else over that way and their supporters don't travel.
Occasional games at Leichhardt, Belmore etc, but I can't see a commercial model where a home ground for each team is the norm.

He's pretty shrewd V'Landys - has done some good stuff at Racing NSW and certainly way sharper than Beattie so we'll see.
I like the fact he's already spoken to Google, Amazon and Facebook about digital rights moving forward rather than just limiting opportunities to local media organisations.
Being closer to the action is nice. But there's no substitute for having a crowd that's close to capacity in creating atmosphere. But I understand that for clubs, maintenance of a ground of your own probably eats into the profit margin heavily.

I've heard from a few people that Vlandys loosened some regulations in racing and allowed corruption to become rampant compared to his predecessor who really kept racing very clean. I've been thinking for a while now that gambling influences the refereeing from beneath my tinfoil hat. So given what I've heard it worries me that the referees might potentially become more biased. But I agree that it shows a bit of vision to increase the number of suitors vying for broadcast rights.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Being closer to the action is nice. But there's no substitute for having a crowd that's close to capacity in creating atmosphere. But I understand that for clubs, maintenance of a ground of your own probably eats into the profit margin heavily.

I've heard from a few people that Vlandys loosened some regulations in racing and allowed corruption to become rampant compared to his predecessor who really kept racing very clean. I've been thinking for a while now that gambling influences the refereeing from beneath my tinfoil hat. So given what I've heard it worries me that the referees might potentially become more biased. But I agree that it shows a bit of vision to increase the number of suitors vying for broadcast rights.
Hopefully moving forward our on-field performance brings back the big crowds anyway and an improved game day experience keeps them coming back. Just thinking back to the crowds at ANZ in the 2012-2015 period they were consistently pretty big.
Yeah, I mean half the NRL clubs can barely keep the lights on now, so imagine adding more costs like a dedicated stadium. The other reason for multi-tenant stadiums is the naming rights sponsor pays the clubs to play there, so who's going to look that gift horse in the mouth...

As for PV, to be fair crooks have been around racing forever, so that's hardly new. The fact he's been there 15 years and done things like pioneering The Everest and the massive money that generates suggests he's done more good for the sport than not.
As for the other stuff - obviously wherever there's money involved there's someone trying an angle - but the game can't turn away from betting - it just provides too much revenue. Maybe put the tin-foil hat back on the hat stand for a bit, but certainly keep it handy ;-).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully moving forward our on-field performance brings back the big crowds anyway and an improved game day experience keeps them coming back. Just thinking back to the crowds at ANZ in the 2012-2015 period they were consistently pretty big.
Yeah, I mean half the NRL clubs can barely keep the lights on now, so imagine adding more costs like a dedicated stadium. The other reason for multi-tenant stadiums is the naming rights sponsor pays the clubs to play there, so who's going to look that gift horse in the mouth...

As for PV, to be fair crooks have been around racing forever, so that's hardly new. The fact he's been there 15 years and done things like pioneering The Everest and the massive money that generates suggests he's done more good for the sport than not.
As for the other stuff - obviously wherever there's money involved there's someone trying an angle - but the game can't turn away from betting - it just provides too much revenue. Maybe put the tin-foil hat back on the hat stand for a bit, but certainly keep it handy ;-).
The tinfoil hat came out long ago. Back before Tandy was crucified for betting on a goal as first points, a mate of mine was making pretty decent money betting because he recognised that refs were always blowing a penalty in front of the sticks before a try had been scored. He saw that the goal kickers were offering short prices to score first points and that generally half the games played it was happening. This generally meant that the gambling agencies eliminated 32 other players paying out bets by people backing someone to score a try. Obviously it began to be noticed by quite a few people and the gambling agencies decided it was time to change things up. It stopped when Tandy was wiped out of the game though and I've suspected that refs are working for gambling agencies since then. I'd love to be able to hang that hat up. The game is harder to enjoy when I suspect that refs are cheating. But when coaches started getting fined for complaining about refs the hat kind of became a permanent fixture. I've seen too many blatantly bad calls to hang the hat up.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: government need to give us some money to refurbish belmore stadium. Rotate the stadium 90 deg and use part of Peter Moore oval , 25-30 thousand seater. acquire properties for better access, build carpark under neath stadium field . Only need $400 mil . Put up statues of bullfrog, turv , baa. Hazam, Scott Wilson. Turn belmore into a fucking fortress. Put your hand In Your pocket NSW liberal government . Let’s go!
The government has talked about local ground upgrades, but Belmore was not on the list. Predictably, Redfern was.
Belmore is in a blue ribbon Labor area, not a marginal seat for state or federal; so we will not see the likes of the $12 million grant for a conference centre, that the Panthers received under the sports grants colour coded allocations.

We could try applying for a grant for a girls' change room, considering how our team plays at the start of each year.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

It also helps to have Alan Jones on your side to force the government to promote your product on the Opera House. All I've seen for the Dogs is a poster at the bus stop at Regents Park.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It also helps to have Alan Jones on your side to force the government to promote your product on the Opera House. All I've seen for the Dogs is a poster at the bus stop at Regents Park.
That’s true, but I’d take the bus stop over Alan Jones :-).

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know where you got that info from...

3rd CBD is North Sydney.
4th CBD is Macquarie Park (expected to take over North Sydney in the future)
Wahesh, you are wrong and Psycho is right