Opinion Belmore stadium upgrade and proud history

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We should just share Bankwest. I think all western teams should just play out of there, including Penrith and Tigers. The days of one stadium per team is not feasible anymore.

The only other alternative to this would be knocking down ANZ and rebuilding it properly, sadly we are getting some shitty revamp instead of that.

I mean it would be nice for every team to have their own Bankwest style stadium, but that is pretty stupid when you consider how much that would cost.
How many of the people who didn’t renew this year didn’t renew because of the games that are being played at Parramatta? I personally know of 5, how many others?

It’s an OK stadium but it’s in a shit location for many Bulldogs supporters.

Go Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the new SFS stadium to be built soon ?

Is that a better location for dogs supporters?

We have fond memories in that precinct...( Moore park)

How many of the people who didn’t renew this year didn’t renew because of the games that are being played at Parramatta? I personally know of 5, how many others?

Go Dogs

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs

What a load. It's easy to get to from the Bankstown area. Easier than a lot of other grounds in Sydney. Its only a 15 min drive from ANZ.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What about the new SFS stadium to be built soon ?

Is that a better location for dogs supporters?

We have fond memories in that precinct...( Moore park)
Problems with builder and contract.
Already running late.
Supposed to be open for 2022 season but more likely 2023 - same as new ANZ so not an option for us.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load. It's easy to get to from the Bankstown area. Easier than a lot of other grounds in Sydney. Its only a 15 min drive from ANZ.
And where do you park when you get there? The club car park is for members only.

As for public transport, I’ve been there twice and the bus, train, train, bus link up each way took 1.5 hours and 2 hours respectively. That’s way more time travelling than watching the game.

Go Dogs

A

Alexander the Great

Luke brailey needs to weigh up on this one. He is the go to man with this stuff

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see Chatswood being ahead of Liverpool TBH.
Actually the true measure of CBD greatness would have to be high levels of drug related crime. No way that Chatswood can keep up with the levels of drug related crime in Sydney and Parra. Liverpool on the other hand...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Scott Wilson that will do me...
Is such a move were to happen, there would be so many others who would be there ahead of Wilson.

Most of the legends in this video for one...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
And where do you park when you get there? The club car park is for members only.

As for public transport, I’ve been there twice and the bus, train, train, bus link up each way took 1.5 hours and 2 hours respectively. That’s way more time travelling than watching the game.

Go Dogs
Parking is definitely an issue. However when I park at ANZ I park in Newington so a 10-15 min walk to me is normal. North Parra has plenty of street parking if you come a little early. Parking a little far helps you get out anyway as it becomes quite clogged up (much like P1 does at the end of a game).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
The Parra Leagues Club isn't just for members you have to spend $20 or $30 in the club and you get your parking validated. So it's about the same as parking at Olympic Park.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
club
The Parra Leagues Club isn't just for members you have to spend $20 or $30 in the club and you get your parking validated. So it's about the same as parking at Olympic Park.
Are you really asking me to spend $20-$30 in Parra Leagues Club? Wash you mouth out with soap, what kind of Bulldogs supporter are you!

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
club
Are you really asking me to spend $20-$30 in Parra Leagues Club? Wash you mouth out with soap, what kind of Bulldogs supporter are you!

Go Dogs
Spend $20-$30 at the TAB and get the parking for free and take a bit more of their money ;)

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: government need to give us some money to refurbish belmore stadium. Rotate the stadium 90 deg and use part of Peter Moore oval , 25-30 thousand seater. acquire properties for better access, build carpark under neath stadium field . Only need $400 mil . Put up statues of bullfrog, turv , baa. Hazam, Scott Wilson. Turn belmore into a fucking fortress. Put your hand In Your pocket NSW liberal government . Let’s go!
Pretty sure Belmore is in a safe Labor seat, right? Hence you won't be finding any pork barrel handouts from the Libs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure Belmore is in a safe Labor seat, right? Hence you won't be finding any pork barrel handouts from the Libs.
Both Canterbury and Bankstown. State and Federal plus the Council, not marginal, so no use wasting money trying to convert the unconvertible.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Spend $20-$30 at the TAB and get the parking for free and take a bit more of their money ;)
I don't gamble and I'd lose even if I did. Just setting foot inside that joint would grate on my conscience and give me nightmares for weeks.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was actually going to reply this to your first thread. Is that possible?
I’ll put a $100 on the dogs, double or triple my money and get free parking, it’s kinda like monopoly