Beer Appreciation Thread

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't had a drop of alcohol since March and I feel so much better.
Also saving lots of money from not making stupid intoxicated impulsive decisions!

Only thing I've used alcohol for recently is to clean a bong!
Works perfect for that.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
A mate of mine got me onto drinking this. It's non bitter, crisp with a hint of fruitiness. It actually quite refreshing and very easy to drink. So yeah, don't mind it every now and then for a change. Can pick it up for between $10 - $15 a six pack.

steamrailtiggtredrogs.jpg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As other threads descend into shit (seriously, people actually think a man built a boat and the sloths made it from Australia in time), I thought it was time for some reality (and maybe sin?).

So, a new brewery just opened neat my place called Happy Valley (Stafford, Brisbane inner north), and they do a fine drop.

At 7%, This is the sort of IPA that is best enjoyed at home, until of course the owners of the Crocodile Dundee trademark send them a cease and desist letter...

Have a great weekend sinners...

20210127_183841_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As other threads descend into shit (seriously, people actually think a man built a boat and the sloths made it from Australia in time), I thought it was time for some reality (and maybe sin?).

So, a new brewery just opened neat my place called Happy Valley (Stafford, Brisbane inner north), and they do a fine drop.

At 7%, This is the sort of IPA that is best enjoyed at home, until of course the owners of the Crocodile Dundee trademark send them a cease and desist letter...

Sweet. I'm literally one suburb over at Everton Park. I've seen a sign for that place along the Kedron Brook bike path when I go out running. Must check it out. The misses can drive me home.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sweet. I'm literally one suburb over at Everton Park. I've seen a sign for that place along the Kedron Brook bike path when I go out running. Must check it out. The misses can drive me home.
Yes, it's just off the Brook.

I live in the Avenues in Kedron just behind the Aussie Rules Club. (But I don't run)

Howdy Neighbour

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

View attachment 20872
Looks good and I like them strong. Do you know if they deliver? If not I’ll be up soon anyway

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it's just off the Brook.

I live in the Avenues in Kedron just behind the Aussie Rules Club. (But I don't run)

Howdy Neighbour
I got in-laws who live in the Kedron avenues. Small world.

ps. They're Bronco supporters though. They gave me shit all throughout last year, right up until the moment they ended up with the spoon :tearsofjoy:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit! I was on Flockton Street up until 14 months ago
Ha ha nice. We gotta a little bulldog hub in north west Brisbane going on here. There's been a few times in the last year where I took I my laptop up to the EP Hotel for the afternoon when I was 'working from home'.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha ha nice. We gotta a little bulldog hub in north west Brisbane going on here. There's been a few times in the last year where I took I my laptop up to the EP Hotel for the afternoon when I was 'working from home'.
I'm down at Coorparoo now. Ballistic brewery is about 10 minutes away, love it

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm down at Coorparoo now. Ballistic brewery is about 10 minutes away, love it
I like Ballistic Brewery. My brother lives just up the road so I occasionally meet him there for a few. I got a 4-pack of Revelation IPAs in the fridge at the moment.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I got in-laws who live in the Kedron avenues. Small world.

ps. They're Bronco supporters though. They gave me shit all throughout last year, right up until the moment they ended up with the spoon :tearsofjoy:
If you like I can go past their house wearing bulldogs kit and heckle them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Beer drinkers I have a pub question for you...

Is CC technically a substitution for beer?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

With all the Christmas cheer going on, and to be had over the next month or so, I though it might be a good time to start a beer appreciation thread (sorry, no ciders please).

Please add any thoughts re beers, old and new, and maybe cool new places to drink them.

Ghostofdime, maye you can tell us a bit more about that joint at Alexandra Headland (its website is under construction).

I'll kick off....

Here is Brisbane, the craft beer scene is really going gangbusters. It seems like every few weeks a new bar is opening or festival is on. I'm no beer wanker by any means, but its nice to have a change from XXXX Gold, which Queenslanders drink like water for some reason.

If one finds themselves in Nundah village, I recommend this place that has recently opened:

http://www.fitzandpotts.com.au/

Yes, its very hipster, but the owner loves and knows his brews, and is therefore an excellent host. He spends the evening wandering around talking about beer and giving out samples. They have about 5 or 6 beers on tap, and once a keg runs out, often it is replaced with something completely different, so if you sit there long enough you can go through about a dozen different beers in a session.

Its one of those places that has old weird furniture, and is on a rooftop... it also has a $115 beer. Didn't try it though. Also features its own beehive - that's as hipster as Brisbane gets!

Well, cheers!
Sounds good! I just moved up from Sydney now living in Sandgate in Brisbane. By the water there. Looking for somewhere to go! Might swing over for a beer! Nice to know a doggies supporter up here!

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good! I just moved up from Sydney now living in Sandgate in Brisbane. By the water there. Looking for somewhere to go! Might swing over for a beer! Nice to know a doggies supporter up here!
I just left Sandgate in Brisbane used take my British Bully, Wesley to coffee every morning at Capulets..