Beer Appreciation Thread

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Beer drinkers I have a pub question for you...

Is CC technically a substitution for beer?
I personally don’t think so. It’s a spirit

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my argument too.

But they do go down easier and don't bloat as much.
I had 7 bottles last week as a substitute for JB, 3 of us go out every time theres a birthday or something else to celebrate i have to say i can drink JB all night and feel pretty sober but those 7 bottles of CC had me pretty smashed

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How come all guys who drink alcohol, walk like they’re tough for?

Also when people become intoxicated they look like they’re not firing on all cylinders.
Another thing when people get drunk they try to belittle others.

I don’t put up with it anymore.
I always shut drunks down with logic and facts about alcohol.

Best one is when a drunk person has a negative opinion of you all you need to do is return fire by saying “who cares, you’re drunk, only a moron would value the opinion of a drunk”. Lol

My brother is an alcoholic.
I love putting down alcohol and watching him get cut up.

Alcoholic men withdrawaling are like a female at that time of the month!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I decided to go through the Gabs Hottest 100 Craft Beers list. Started with the beer that won #1. Bentspoke Craftshank.

I normally hate IPA's but I thought I'd give it a go anyway. Turns out, I still hate IPA's. Tastes like a wet dog soaked in fruit. Oh well, on to the next beer.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I decided to go through the Gabs Hottest 100 Craft Beers list. Started with the beer that won #1. Bentspoke Craftshank.

I normally hate IPA's but I thought I'd give it a go anyway. Turns out, I still hate IPA's. Tastes like a wet dog soaked in fruit. Oh well, on to the next beer.
Bentspoke is good.

I have a friend who whines about IPAs. I suggest he sticks to tasteless lagers tbh.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Haha. I’d be happy if IPAs were the only beer in the world, the stronger the better! As a matter of fact I might even crack one now. Stone brewery in Escondido CA, Fear movie lions 8.5% so nice!
Taking the boat out at 5 so can’t have too many of these haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bearded Man in Flannel Mistakes Cat Piss for Really Good IPA (thehardtimes.net)

LOS ANGELES — Local bearded man Alec Turner mistook a stray cat’s piss for a “really good” IPA late Monday evening, according to several unsurprised sources.

“I started my Monday afternoon like any other day: I woke up at 2 p.m., rubbed in my beard oil, threw on my best red flannel, and quickly headed to my favorite brewery. That’s when I noticed the spill outside,” the self-proclaimed IPA connoisseur said. “There’s nothing I hate more than people who waste craft beer. I had to try it for myself. It was pungent, bitter, and generally off-putting to the most basic senses — characteristics of the perfect brew.”

Tin Hat brewery bartender Megan Avery-King recalled when Turner came in, requesting to try the new IPA on tap.

“I was ready to pour his usual when he quickly stopped me and asked to have whatever was outside next to the dumpster,” Avery-King said. “It was pretty out of character, because he always orders the same House IPA while scoffing at customers who order domestic lagers — ‘piss water,’ he calls them. He didn’t believe me when I told him the puddle in the alley was literal piss, and he just stormed out. I haven’t seen him since, but there’s been considerably less mess over by that stack of pallets the stray cats live in, which I feel like may not be a coincidence.”

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
All I drink is Tooheys New. In the alcohol sense. Lots of my mates have transitioned to mid strength beers. Pfft...They wonder why I smoke bomb it all the time.
Smoke bomb? Is that putting out a cig butt in their beer?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
This is good stuff.

I resisted cans for so long due to the poor taste beer used to have in them (that tinny taste).

However So many breweries are getting into it. Makes sense. Transport is cheaper, beer lasts longer (esp if imported), and as the girl at my bottlo said: we can fit more in the fridge.

View attachment 4848
Using the baby names book as a drink coaster! Wifey would've pureed your testicles if she'd seen that lol.