News Baz responds to Flanagan ‘exit’: Transfer Whispers

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BARRETT SHOOTS DOWN FLANAGAN EXIT RUMOURS

Kyle Flanagan arrived at Belmore as a million-dollar marquee signing for the Canterbury Bulldogs that ushered in the Trent Barrett era at the club.

But the halfback has endured a season that’s been anything but marquee.

Flanagan started the Bulldogs’ opening nine games before he was unceremoniously dropped as a result of a poor showing in the team’s 32-12 loss to the Dragons.

The 22-year-old made his return to first grade in round 16 against Manly at five-eighth, but Barrett’s side was walloped 66-0 by the Sea Eagles.
Flanagan, the son of premiership-winning coach Shane, was again left out of the starting line-up for the Doggies this weekend against the Sharks.
His season has flattered to deceive, with reports emerging from the UK about Canterbury shopping him to Super League clubs.

However, Barrett denied there were any shreds of truth in those.

“I haven’t heard that,” Barrett said.

“Obviously Kyle’s contracted here for two more years, so he’ll be given every opportunity to improve himself as a player and make our team.

“I’m not sure where that one’s come from.”

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BARRETT SHOOTS DOWN FLANAGAN EXIT RUMOURS

Kyle Flanagan arrived at Belmore as a million-dollar marquee signing for the Canterbury Bulldogs that ushered in the Trent Barrett era at the club.

But the halfback has endured a season that’s been anything but marquee.

Flanagan started the Bulldogs’ opening nine games before he was unceremoniously dropped as a result of a poor showing in the team’s 32-12 loss to the Dragons.

The 22-year-old made his return to first grade in round 16 against Manly at five-eighth, but Barrett’s side was walloped 66-0 by the Sea Eagles.
Flanagan, the son of premiership-winning coach Shane, was again left out of the starting line-up for the Doggies this weekend against the Sharks.
His season has flattered to deceive, with reports emerging from the UK about Canterbury shopping him to Super League clubs.

However, Barrett denied there were any shreds of truth in those.

“I haven’t heard that,” Barrett said.

“Obviously Kyle’s contracted here for two more years, so he’ll be given every opportunity to improve himself as a player and make our team.

“I’m not sure where that one’s come from.”
"Kyle Flanagan arrived at belmore as a million dollar marquee signing". Fuck me dead these guys write some shit! Sure, over the course of 3 years he will make a million dollars, but so will at least 80% of players in the NRLol. Does that make them all million dollar marquee signings? Fucking hardly!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer a coach that is upfront and honest but each to their own!
Behind the scenes, out of the public spotlight, he would've been told. Otherwise how else would he be able to negotiate with ESL clubs for a contract?

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im sure hehas been just that with Flanagan,but there is no onis on him to do the same with the media. What good what that do the team or club?
Or maybe he is thinking about himself since he signed him.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t tell me anyone is dumb enough to believe that he’s hiding it he doesn’t want it to the public

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The normal response from a coach will be he is contracted here for the next two years and he will see out his contract. Barrett's response says nothing to indicate he wants to keep him for that term