News Barrett meet with Naden

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Naden only makes sense if he arrives before Monday. Not the worst player. But are we honestly splashing cash on him when we haven’t gotten a hooker, 2 props, a fullback yet? He is a supplement piece. Not the first move you make.

If he arrives ASAP it will help us (katoa and hoppa are not first grade standard). Shame we threw Allan a bone. Naden would have been better suited to our lack of backs (especially letting Smith go for nothing) ahead of Allan.

That way we could have used Meaney at the back and Zelezniak (which I am not a fan of at all) as a back up in case of injury.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Naden only makes sense if he arrives before Monday. Not the worst player. But are we honestly splashing cash on him when we haven’t gotten a hooker, 2 props, a fullback yet? He is a supplement piece. Not the first move you make.

If he arrives ASAP it will help us (katoa and hoppa are not first grade standard). Shame we threw Allan a bone. Naden would have been better suited to our lack of backs (especially letting Smith go for nothing) ahead of Allan.

That way we could have used Meaney at the back and Zelezniak (which I am not a fan of at all) as a back up in case of injury.
Our only genuine centres for next year at this stage are Schoupp (likely) and Alamoti (likely? not ready round 1 if so) if they're both promoted. We need a budget centre and Naden or Kris fill that role.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be honest, the more I watch Raiders Sebastian Kris the more I like him. And taking into account Naden's indiscretions, I'd take Kris as a preference.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We try for Staggs...end up with Naden...

Barrett has proven jack rubbish about his ability to attract players and don't say Burton he's only coming as he's guaranteed a halves position!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We try for Staggs...end up with Naden...

Barrett has proven jack rubbish about his ability to attract players and don't say Burton he's only coming as he's guaranteed a halves position!
It's not even comparable though. Staggs costs 700k, Naden would cost no more than 300k. We could probably get Staggs if we wanted, but we don't want to pay 700k plus for another high priced outside back who is injury prone.

It makes more sense to sign Naden/Kris for cheap while using most of our cap space on Clark at hooker and upgrading our pathetic pack.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
suits our style.....panthers dropped him last year due to poor defence, should fit right in
Lot of people have recommended Rudolf as well... His tackle percentage for a middle forward is shit aswell lol so we might get him too

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not even comparable though. Staggs costs 700k, Naden would cost no more than 300k. We could probably get Staggs if we wanted, but we don't want to pay 700k plus for another high priced outside back who is injury prone.

It makes more sense to sign Naden/Kris for cheap while using most of our cap space on Clark at hooker and upgrading our pathetic pack.
Yep the balance of the squad would be fucked if our outside backs contained Cotric $650k, DWZ $800k, Addo Carr $500k and Staggs $750k. The most expensive 3/4 line is NRL history.

Not to mention all they would be doing is bringing the ball out of their own end because we have no forwards.

Of course we need a hooker but we also need a decent centre at a reasonable price. He is better than we currently have. This year has shown we are at least 7 or 8 good players away from being competitive. Alot of our squad just isnt up to NRL standard. Naden is so he would be a good signing.

Hopefully they can sort out the rest of the debacle before next year as well

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Please dont ever @ me

you are racist
Was just correcting you @Malla and for the benefit of the forum.
Allen was on record requesting 500 a year pre season as reported in the paper. Direct from his managers mouth.
Ambitious, but he had just come off a dominant origin campaign.
His Souths deal was around 300 as speculated by our Souths community and he wanted an upgrade to leave.
425 was not considered unreasonable for an origin fullback.
I hated the signing myself but it is what it is.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right price he would be good for us.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the balance of the squad would be fucked if our outside backs contained Cotric $650k, DWZ $800k, Addo Carr $500k and Staggs $750k. The most expensive 3/4 line is NRL history.

Not to mention all they would be doing is bringing the ball out of their own end because we have no forwards.

Of course we need a hooker but we also need a decent centre at a reasonable price. He is better than we currently have. This year has shown we are at least 7 or 8 good players away from being competitive. Alot of our squad just isnt up to NRL standard. Naden is so he would be a good signing.

Hopefully they can sort out the rest of the debacle before next year as well
Man who the fuck is passing info around saying DWZ is on 800k

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He will be a big issue for us.
He can find the like but he is James Roberts v2.

drugs,serial killer cousin, misbehaviour, some seriously bad ball handling errors.... and I mean seriously bad drop ball cold over the line with no one near him bad.

All I have to say is what is the trade off? Some attacking flair or some very bad headlines to come. What more important should I decide this signing, And Nasheed is that guy who says it like it is and u know I’ll get it right.

you decide the payoff.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz should be having a meeting with Flanagan to get the ball to said centres with space more that 2 times in 6 rounds
We might of seen on the weekend why he doesn’t give Hoppa early ball. There was one effort on the weekend where we had an overlap and Hoppa surrenders in a tackle when he could of drew the winger or thrown the dummy and broke free. One of the most horrible
Pieces of centre play I have ever seen.