Barrett is not the man

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He will be fine most likely, but we need to pair up new coach with a few more signings. We are still weak in the spine. I put Lewis/Wakeham/Cogger all on the same tier (NSW Cup). Averillo is still in diapers. We need some more class in the 6 7 and 9, and a half that plays more than half his games this time. Greens off to a fantastic start

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue and white for 41 years and I can honestly say I think they have made a mistake giving the job to Trent. Des fucked us, Dean tried to fix us with no support and now Trent is getting rid of players that have real grunt and potential for guys at the end of their career (James Tamou ) . Makes no sense to me. Barrett didn’t have the best footy brain when he played and I think the lure of his relationship with the new sponser was the main reason behind the decision.
U lost me when u said dean tried to fix us,sure he don’t get a lot help,but honestly,I have no issues with dean pay,but I’ll b very surprised if he gets another gig,terrible he had no idea.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Pay and the team had started this year like they finished last year he'd still be coaching. Seeing the team finish last year well against some quality teams but then go a long way backwards this year was the nail in his coaching coffin.

Barrett doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence based on his time at Manly. But hopefully he's learned plenty since then. Whether he has or not he's locked in for the next three years. He's signed up plenty of experience around him and will hopefully get the best out of the roster for the foreseeable future. We needed some big changes and we're about to get them. I'd prefer to live in hope than to wallow in despair.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
U lost me when u said dean tried to fix us,sure he don’t get a lot help,but honestly,I have no issues with dean pay,but I’ll b very surprised if he gets another gig,terrible he had no idea.
We will never know if dean was a good coach or not. He wasn't given a go.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blue and white for 41 years and I can honestly say I think they have made a mistake giving the job to Trent. Des fucked us, Dean tried to fix us with no support and now Trent is getting rid of players that have real grunt and potential for guys at the end of their career (James Tamou ) . Makes no sense to me. Barrett didn’t have the best footy brain when he played and I think the lure of his relationship with the new sponser was the main reason behind the decision.
Trent is clearing the decks. We have a squad that would achieve sweet FA no matter the coach. We hamstrung Deano, we must learn from that error and give our new coach free reign to build and develop a competitive roster. Expect another 6 to be let go end of 2021. We are so far down the wrong path it's not funny anymore.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We hamstrung Deano
How? He was given every chance to succeed including external mentoring and likely would’ve been offered another year at least (with an improved squad) had the results been even marginally better. Only after the July loss to the Ponies (when everyone else was beating them) did the club acknowledge they’d have to consider other options. That’s when Andrew Hill - who’d given Pay his word he would not talk to other coaches without telling him first - told him they’d have to consider other coaches for 2021. So Pay then fell on his own sword - because he knew that going up against other candidates he would unlikely be chosen. That’s not hamstrung.