News Barrett’s viral one-word reply has the NRL talking

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Stuff Barrett. Answer the question in some sort of fashion. Not hard. Neither Baz or JJ have earnt the right to smirk with the results we've had so far.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan literally averaged 53 touches a game last year, the same amount as Mitchell Moses, 3 more than Jahrome Hughes, 3 less than DCE.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont know why they care about Bazs comments, they are going to make up 90% of what they write anyway.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont know why they care about Bazs comments, they are going to make up 90% of what they write anyway.
Nail on the head there. The media expect to get respect from the club they've been crapping on for a few years.

I mean, going back a bit they were frequently implying that Pay needed to go for his lack of results. When they moved Pay on, they criticized the club for not sticking by him. Just as one example.

Barrett got a strange grace period last year. Seems like that's over and he's fair game now. I don't blame any coach for giving the minimal amount of respect to the media.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan literally averaged 53 touches a game last year, the same amount as Mitchell Moses, 3 more than Jahrome Hughes, 3 less than DCE.
I work with a guy and you would swear he was the busiest **** in the place. Always running around flapping his arms and gums.

When you sit down and look at whT hs actually does. He does fuck all. And is obe of the laziest fuckers i have worked with.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
53 touches too many.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Stats don’t tell the full story. It’s data people interpret different ways.
Like the unemployment rate lol
Or the under employment rate.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Like the unemployment rate lol
Or the under employment rate.
I guess so.. it’s a very tight labour market at the moment though I think that would give some idea of where unemployment is at.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nail on the head there. The media expect to get respect from the club they've been crapping on for a few years.

I mean, going back a bit they were frequently implying that Pay needed to go for his lack of results. When they moved Pay on, they criticized the club for not sticking by him. Just as one example.

Barrett got a strange grace period last year. Seems like that's over and he's fair game now. I don't blame any coach for giving the minimal amount of respect to the media.
Yeah ...except it just encourages them to pile on even more.

Got a reaction out of Baz and under his skin and sucked into the agenda....and a week's worth of clickbait...so unfortunately expect more.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess so.. it’s a very tight labour market at the moment though I think that would give some idea of where unemployment is at.
Totally inept performance in dealing with that question (which was always gonna happen...just like Barrett will get so get on top of it).

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like someone to ask him this simple question...

"Trent, you came to Canterbury as an attacking coach yet last year you only averaged 14 points a game, which was the worst in the league and this year with so many high profile signings you're averaging even less at 8 points a game, which again is the worst in the league...

"What's the explanation for how much you've struggled in attack even with an improved roster and how do you fix it?"
No!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally inept performance in dealing with that question (which was always gonna happen...just like Barrett will get so get on top of it).
I think they are 2 totally different situations that are not comparable. At times Wendy you make some crazy analogies. But all the best.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But it's ok for Bennett to give one liners or no answer at all.....another Dogs bullshit story.
The media has given Bennett plenty of stick for his prickly responses to journos over the years.... but you know, I think it is more forgivable for a coach to be that way if they are good at their job and actually getting results. Can't say that about Baz

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
His press conference answers are about as imaginative as his attacking structures.... lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think they are 2 totally different situations that are not comparable. At times Wendy you make some crazy analogies. But all the best.
Yeah thats me summed up. You're right of course :grinning: Sorry to bother you :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
“Trent, I was just looking it up there: Kyle touched the ball 21 times in that match — Wakeham averaged 29 and Averillo 33,”

That is meaningless without context, for example;
In Round 5 there were 162 passes and Flanagan touched the ball 21 times = 18% (Bulldogs 40% possession)
In Round 4 there were 205 passes and Wakeham touched the ball 29 times = 14% (Bulldogs 48% possession)
In Round 2 there were 294 passes and Averillo touched the ball 29 times = 11% (Bulldogs 60% possession)

In fact, placing it in the context of possession, Flanagan touched the ball a higher % of the time than both Wakeham and Averillo.

Drawing a conclusion and/or asking a question based on 1 statistic is naïve in the extreme.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited: