News Barrett’s Under Siege Mr 20 %

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And then the Andersons came in and manged to some how fuck it up even more :tearsofjoy:

I said before that I think Gus and co need to head over to Europe and have a look at how things work over there instead of just recycling the same garbage that happens over here.
Yeah it sounds like Chris was a frustrated old coach unwilling to give Pay air or support and Lynne was trying to relive old Bullfrog. Times change and if Bullfrog was around now he would adapt to todays times, just like Polities did.

Not a weekend at Bernie’s version of 1984.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone has some valid and not so valid points on Baz coaching. I can’t recall all who said our demises was around our juniors as a catalyst. We played a trial. Some the under 20s got a run or sat on bench down too ball kids. We are identifying the talented ones now and giving them opportunity to buy in and develop. With a path way hopefully we keep most them.
As much as I hate to say it. Look at the top sides. It’s got a steady flow of developed talent on the squad and next person up. Like Penrith and Melbourne and even the roosters. We are on the up. It won’t happen this year maybe not next. But we are heading in the write direction we have club old boys being involved with juniors again. The junior games and trials the old boys and some the current players where there. This will bread the culture we need.
I don’t agree with all Baz decisions. But I’ll support the jumper and hope we win each week. Let Gould do his job and we will be on our way up

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember Folkes would stick up the articles on the locker room walls to fire up the boys? Those were The days....
That's what we need. Show the players what they're saying and fire them up.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trent is just all in on Okunbor for round 1 thinking, "Maybe he'll stop dropping the ball every touch and remain on his wing".
No Trent, that is what Okunbor does, every. fucking. time. And then has that bewildered look on his face after every fuck up.
Makes my blood boil as an armchair coach...... SOS Lumelume or Allan or even Naden to wing and Burns into centres. So many options TB.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New players were surprised at our off seaaon prep. This will be denied. Lol

They made us look so backward and so far behind. Pretty sure baz was involved in off season prep at panthers. And as if gus does not know what off season should look like.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trent is just all in on Okunbor for round 1 thinking, "Maybe he'll stop dropping the ball every touch and remain on his wing".
No Trent, that is what Okunbor does, every. fucking. time. And then has that bewildered look on his face after every fuck up.
Makes my blood boil as an armchair coach...... SOS Lumelume or Allan or even Naden to wing and Burns into centres. So many options TB.
After the last couple of seasons and the trials a novice would know better than to pick him ahead of others. If Baz does pick him I'm convinced he really needs to have his hand held.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is screaming trials and early days etc. but 80% of our front row is the same as last year and again we got completely dominated by sharks reserve grade fronts. Wether it being out defence coach, our strength coach or any coach it’s all on the head coach. He is the one who appointed them. I’ve said it a few times I just can’t see this team flip a 180 on Sunday and get a w. I’m hoping I’m wrong but if he doesn’t get any atleast 3-4 w by round 10 I’m more then convinced he will get a tap on the shoulder and so he should be.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The truth is, this is not about our first 5, 8 or even 12 games.

Let’s say we win 3, 4 or 5 of our first dozen games. Maybe we jag a win or 2 against Manly or the Rooster on top of a win or 2 against the Cows and Broncos.. What then?

Is it because we are coming together as a group or because of circumstance and the talent of a few of our recruits and the emotion involved.? Does that prolong the Barrett experiment or is there KPI’s in place that must be met to keep things moving forward?

It’s been too long the painful journey we have all endured. Surely serious positive results need to be seen about team development and growth otherwise a change must happen.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you explain that please ?
Basically, we were a Newscorp fav. We were the Sydney pin up boy for their Super League. They wanted Souths out of the comp to streamline teams. We ended up supporting Souths and contributed to their fund raisers and marched with them.

Although others ended up do so as well, we were the first club to show some brass and stand by another club.

Newscorp from that moment targeted anything the Dogs did. Coffs, salary cap, treatment of SBW, our fans behavior, sweet Caroline night. It’s very clear.

I’ve also had it confirmed but I’d never mention a name on here.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically, we were a Newscorp fav. We were the Sydney pin up boy for their Super League. They wanted Souths out of the comp to streamline teams. We ended up supporting Souths and contributed to their fund raisers and marched with them.

Although others ended up do so as well, we were the first club to show some brass and stand by another club.

Newscorp from that moment targeted anything the Dogs did. Coffs, salary cap, treatment of SBW, our fans behavior, sweet Caroline night. It’s very clear.

I’ve also had it confirmed but I’d never mention a name on here.
Yeah I’m all
On board with that I was going to say the fuel to the fire is also the players over the years and the absolute beat up of stories which turned out to be nothing , telegraph and smh some of the worst in nrl

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many feel good stories have they done about any of our players moving on, Asotasi, Price, Ennis, so many. They were hanging for us to cut players like Anasta and co. They were wax lyrical about Mason and O’Meley going to play for the Chooks.
What about how good it was to see Barba go for a “fresh start” at the Broncos?

How many stories about us having to release players over the years when clubs had bigger rosters?

It’s just so clearly obvious when you know it’s a fact.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we play against the cows like we played the sharts he’ll be gone by the end of April

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We downgraded to Pay from Hasler, and Barrett from Pay.....

It is evident that Barrett cannot coach with what he has got...he has his own style in his head, but hasnt got the crop for that style of play...

Anyways its pointless getting rid of Barrett now, unless its for a Bellamy, Robinson or Skeletor....

Replace him with someone else other than the 3 men above, you are just moving sideways instead of forwards

What needs to be done, and I am sure that the board and Gus will do it, is they need to piss of Barretts entire entourage - Furner, Sandercock, Ferris, etc and bring in the best of the best.....

Furner is supposedly the defensive coach, and since he has come to our club, our defence has never been this poor....we do not even have any defensive philosophy or structures in place!

Ferris is the strength and conditioning coach and all I will say its absolutely shit

Who the fuck is our wrestling coach? Do they even have one? Do they practice mud wrestling instead? Sure does look like it on the field

What about a fucken halves coach? Bellamy sent all his halves to Sydney before preseason and during the beginning of preseasons to work with Matty Johns.....Its obvious as daylight that we need a world class halves coach to help out the headless chooks we have....

What was Steve Hansen brought in for? Spiritual support for Barrett?

It was only a trial - Yes it was......I wasn't focused on the likes of JAC, Vaughan, Jackson, etc because you know these blokes perform week in week out...they have maybe a couple of "quite" games during the year, but they are true professionals and they will never let you down....

I was more interested in the progression of the likes of Averillo, Wakeham, JMK and the likes, and they have not progressed or improved one iota and that falls back on Barrett and his support staff

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bare in mind great players don't make great coaches i

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

It is evident that Barrett cannot coach with what he has got...he has his own style in his head, but hasnt got the crop for that style of play...

Anyways its pointless getting rid of Barrett now, unless its for a Bellamy, Robinson or Skeletor....

Replace him with someone else other than the 3 men above, you are just moving sideways instead of forwards

What needs to be done, and I am sure that the board and Gus will do it, is they need to piss of Barretts entire entourage - Furner, Sandercock, Ferris, etc and bring in the best of the best.....

Furner is supposedly the defensive coach, and since he has come to our club, our defence has never been this poor....we do not even have any defensive philosophy or structures in place!

Ferris is the strength and conditioning coach and all I will say its absolutely shit

Who the fuck is our wrestling coach? Do they even have one? Do they practice mud wrestling instead? Sure does look like it on the field

What about a fucken halves coach? Bellamy sent all his halves to Sydney before preseason and during the beginning of preseasons to work with Matty Johns.....Its obvious as daylight that we need a world class halves coach to help out the headless chooks we have....

It was only a trial - Yes it was......I wasn't focused on the likes of JAC, Vaughan, Jackson, etc because you know these blokes perform week in week out...they have maybe a couple of "quite" games during the year, but they are true professionals and they will never let you down....

I was more interested in the progression of the likes of Averillo, Wakeham, JMK and the likes, and they have not progressed or improved one iota and that falls back on Barrett and his support staff
You know you a right in regards to replacing the coach

We get rid of Barrett for who?

Tigers get rid of Madge for who?

Warriors get rid of Brown for who?

Broncos get rid of Walters for who?

That world class support staff across the entire football department is so critical for long term success and sustainability......It's why the Storm and Roosters have been so successful over the last decade, and they are always in contention year in year out.....and you have the Panthers now who have also followed suit over the last few years

These clubs have had a stable and quality spine for years, and when it came to new successors, they nailed that as well, all which comes back to the entire football department

Have a look at us, Tigers, Broncos and other cellar dwellers over the last 5-6 years - spine changed and swapped year in year out....no continuity, no sustainability, no class, no confidence - of course you're not going to move forward

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I'm available