News Barrett’s Under Siege Mr 20 %

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Siege mentality! Bring back the dogs of war and shove it right up that drunk ****'s arse!

Edit: I thought there were passionate dog's supporters in here, yet I'm seeing a lot of negativity and doom and gloom. I bet we are far more successful this season than you doomsayers think.
In Gus. We are the only ones that are aloud to critisise our team. No one else especially the Daily crap and Booze Drunkfield....we stand United.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the problem with Des, as rightly stated, he was only interested in first grade and couldnt give a fuck about the juniors.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Siege mentality! Bring back the dogs of war and shove it right up that drunk ****'s arse!

Edit: I thought there were passionate dog's supporters in here, yet I'm seeing a lot of negativity and doom and gloom. I bet we are far more successful this season than you doomsayers think.
This is their passion. Death riding the team and coach. Lol

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the problem with Des, as rightly stated, he was only interested in first grade and couldnt give a fuck about the juniors.
Won't be surprised if Manly end up in a cap problem like ours with most of there cap likely being spent on DCE, Foran and the Trbojevic brothers.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Won't be surprised if Manly end up in a cap problem like ours with most of there cap likely being spent on DCE, Foran and the Trbojevic brothers.
thats why they let walker and suli go

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Foran on nothing. Their roster management has been pretty good tbh. It looks like they have good kids coming through too. They still don't even have their hooker Fainu back (was better than Korosiau in 2019). They have T. Trbo on unders. DCE contract will be renegotiated soon too (won't be on 1.3m). Taupau being moved on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is that really a problem? I don't think an NRL coach should be worrying all that much about the juniors.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is that really a problem? I don't think an NRL coach should be worrying all that much about the juniors.
yeh it definitely is, he didnt look to promote or grow the junior base at all. He wanted short term success.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s true that the players have started murmurs about pre-season and off the back of the trial shocker against the sharks, then Barrett has only a few games to show us if he can coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeh it definitely is, he didnt look to promote or grow the junior base at all. He wanted short term success.
I'm not hiring a head coach and telling him to manage the juniors, I'm hiring someone else for that. There will always be a level of communication and understanding between everyone involved but if the head coach has that much control then management simply doesn't have a clue.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not hiring a head coach and telling him to manage the juniors, I'm hiring someone else for that. There will always be a level of communication and understanding between everyone involved but if the head coach has that much control then management simply doesn't have a clue.
Honestly can’t believe all clubs don’t have a General Manager. The Head Coach is a full time role and they shouldn’t be responsible for the clubs other 3-4 teams.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
thats the problem, he had total control. its not managing the juniors but you have to still keep an eye on their development etc, he did none of that, didnt even speak to them, he was just totally focused on the top30. i have mates who are player managers, they said back then Des doesnt give a fuck about the junior talent or even developing them.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree, that's what the junior development/ pathway guy is for.
Then communicates what he knows to the head coach. And goes from their.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
thats the problem, he had total control. its not managing the juniors but you have to still keep an eye on their development etc, he did none of that, didnt even speak to them, he was just totally focused on the top30. i have mates who are player managers, they said back then Des doesnt give a fuck about the junior talent or even developing them.
That's on the club. The club should protect themselves and our future, they didn't.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Marley I think what Steve is suggesting is;

The problem with Des at the Dogs as apposed to Manly was Des had only a 3-5 focus in his head to win a comp or 2 with basically the squad we had.

Any changes to that he wanted needed to have immediate impact and not rely on promising juniors coming thru down the line.

To keep the squad he thought would do it together, he did the silly backend contracts with scary Rhai Rhai’s help .

He had no interest in developing Jnrs, full stop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Marley I think what Steve is suggesting is;

The problem with Des at the Dogs as apposed to Manly was Des had only a 3-5 ficus in his head to win a comp or 2 with basically the squad we had.

Any changes to that he wanted needed to have immediate impact and not rely on promising juniors coming thru down the line. To keep the squad he thought would do it together he did the silly backend contracts with scary Rhai Rhai’s help .

He had no interest in developing Jnrs, full stop.
Yes, but like I said that's all on the club. They basically admitted to it when Dib mentioned that Cleal hadn't hit any of his KPI's for 4 years, how the fuck do you even keep a job with that sort form?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, but like I said that's all on the club. They basically admitted to it when Dib mentioned that Cleal hadn't hit any of his KPI's for 4 years, how the fuck do you even keep a job with that sort form?
I’m with you mate, and as I said it’s the clubs admin and board for giving him the power they did. But scary female CEO and to an extent Dib created the Des monster with his sidekick No idea Cleal

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m with you mate, and as I said it’s the clubs admin and board for giving him the power they did. But scary female CEO and to an extent Dib created the Des monster with his sidekick No idea Cleal
And then the Andersons came in and manged to some how fuck it up even more :tearsofjoy:

I said before that I think Gus and co need to head over to Europe and have a look at how things work over there instead of just recycling the same garbage that happens over here.