Bailey Biondi Odo

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he absolutely loves his footy. but he's at a bit of a crossroads now, he has been offered a development contract with the cows for next year so he has to make a call on fully committing to football or continuing on his current career path. It's a big call for a young bloke.
Best of luck to him either way.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All I can say is that he's in the RAN and his current career path is not something he can circle back too. The footballer in me wants him to go for it, but the father in me not so much. But its not my call, whatever choice he makes I have his back and that's all that matters really.
I don't know whether they still do it but the Services used to allow professional sportsmen and women a year off to pursue their sport. At the end of that time they had to choose. A friend of my daughter is in the air force and she took a year off to play netball, then went back. Might be worthwhile asking navysport.league@defence.gov.au

Always a Bulldog

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite a few defence personnel in league in NRLW atm so maybe they are offering a better pathway to attract easier enlistment and can make it work for the guys as well as they study?
I personally know a few who went down this road in the past.
Unfortunately a couple had significant injuries on the sporting field & were then discharged from the forces(kicked out) and didn't really have anything to fall back on. I am not sure if it is still run this way..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I personally know a few who went down this road in the past.
Unfortunately a couple had significant injuries on the sporting field & were then discharged from the forces(kicked out) and didn't really have anything to fall back on. I am not sure if it is still run this way..
Yes that's the worry of course. Terrible treatment tho if they aren't adequately supported.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he absolutely loves his footy. but he's at a bit of a crossroads now, he has been offered a development contract with the cows for next year so he has to make a call on fully committing to football or continuing on his current career path. It's a big call for a young bloke.
For sure, great to hear he’s got those options available - personally, hope he sticks to the footy! Best of luck brother

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All I can say is that he's in the RAN and his current career path is not something he can circle back too. The footballer in me wants him to go for it, but the father in me not so much. But its not my call, whatever choice he makes I have his back and that's all that matters really.
Wait fo the father in you wants him to ditch a footy career to go into the Navy during a time of potential war?

China are coming for us you realise. I speak to NATO people and thats the intelligence.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait fo the father in you wants him to ditch a footy career to go into the Navy during a time of potential war?

China are coming for us you realise. I speak to NATO people and thats the intelligence.
Ffs Nasheed, this did not require your poorly tasted input. Unfortunately, opinions are like arseholes….everyone’s got one.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had big wraps on him, hopefully we see him play at his best.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs Nasheed, this did not require your poorly tasted input. Unfortunately, opinions are like arseholes….everyone’s got one.
bullshit I stand by it 100%

Why is that poor input? Extremely valid.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
bullshit I stand by it 100%

Why is that poor input? Extremely valid.
It’s not your life or call to make and I consider it inappropriate to pass judgement on another’s ambitions - simple.

I’m not going to Fkn debate this with a sh!tstirring wannabe.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not your life or call to make and I consider it inappropriate to pass judgement on another’s ambitions - simple.

I’m not going to Fkn debate this with a sh!tstirring wannabe.
So everyone else has an opinion, including you 4 posts above, but mine is invalid even though I provided genuine, concrete reason why I think he should choose the footy option.
I know you like to make me a punching bag but I draw the line at potential life and death matters.