Bad Supporters

Do you agree they give Bulldogs supports a bad image?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now I feel like pork chops. With apple sauce.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Champ doggies games are not even on a scale compared to some other sporting events. Go to any Australian vs anyone cricket match bogannns as far as the eye can see if you think racism is dead just go watch drunk white Australia at its finest they do everything they can to start a fight including throwing beer and food lucky for them Sri lankans and Indians for the most part ignore it i guess they know there easy targets. I doubt they would do this if they were playing a Lebanese or Samoan team this is one example Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC games are nothing but a battle royale both on and especially off the pitch.

AFL OMG there in the news frequently with fans hurling racial abuse towards opposition and its own players have you seen collingwood supporters for that matter have you be to Collingwood a mix of Campbelltown and Penrith and a mix of Manly. At the game on Friday there were 7 tigers supporters obviously of the Campbelltown breed literally could smell the alcohol and these were some of there comments. Everytime a NZ player got the ball tackle that Sheep f..... When Inu missed the kick one said they need El Masri the ****** back.... When a mistake was made go back and have another Kebab f off back to Bankstown but the worst was when Barba was killing it they kept refering to him as a Black C... all the other tigers fans either laughed or said nothing.

At the end of the day you can hide your children from this but lets face it this is reality and you cant keep children in some sort of bubble. Fact is the people saying this could be there teacher, there bus driver a friends parent and the reality is this is the way of the world. Stop listening to 2GB the KKK station with its ill informed and one side story commentary and experience things for yourself
Thanks for that Habibsta.

I know the world is not perfect and I dont expect it to be.

Currently I watch the game at home with my mates and all the kids sharing pizzas, drinks, cake (after a win off course) and a few beers for the boys. We all have a great time win or lose. Some are Bulldogs, Dragons, Manly & Parra supporters but that does just not matter at all.

Watching at home is great but it is nothing like a live game. I want my kids to enjoy the awesome atmosphere of a live game.

I have spoken today to a Parra supporter that I work with and he said the crowds are pretty much incident free for the past few years. Security has really improved and the trouble makers have been removed.

If an incident occurs at the game, I just dont want to be a part of it while I am there with my kids. I will not start any trouble and dont expect any in return.

Its also great to see that the members on this forum are suggesting the more mature supporters to help out with these trouble makers.

Everyone at the game should be there to enjoy it!

Hopefully thats the end of it and lets go for the Bulldogs Premiership!

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Why do people care what people think of us as supporters? Support ur team how u want lol. butthurt flops

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do people care what people think of us as supporters? Support ur team how u want lol. butthurt flops
Its very important. I assume you are a young single guy at the moment and you can defend yourself.

One day in the future I assume you will be married with kids. Wouldn't you want to bring your wife and kids to the game? I'm sure you wouldn't want to be harassed or assaulted in any way. Now if you were assaulted what would you do? Belt the hell out of one bloke while the others are attacking your wife & kids?

Barracking for your team is great but harassing or assaulting in any form is not!

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
maybe cause the large supporter base cares! about our image. and im sure todd greenberg wouldnt like it if we have a bad image toward other teams! and ur not a true fan if u dont care about ur own club

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The last game I went to was the Parramatta game in Round 9, I took my 8 y.o. mad Bulldogs supporting daughter. As we are both Country Members, we only get to sit in GA, but would have loved to sit with the Army. During this game, there was a group of young bulldog supporters underneath the big screen, not all that far away from us. Most of the game they were banging their drum, singing chants etc. generally being well behaved supporters. Midway through the second half, something changed in their demeanour and were getting a little more aggressive in their support (swearing, yelling etc). Security came and it escalated, so the police also came, and it escalated more. Some of the supporters were taken away, others did runners, some just stayed put. My daughter didn't understand why they were being "Naughty" in the first place.

Then came the train ride back to Lidcome. I'm glad we were wearing bulldogs gear. On the train there was a couple of parra fans and they were copping all types of abuse. I have no trouble with a good hearted ribbing at the expense of the losing team (and am happy to cop good hearted ribbing back when we lose too), but this was a little over the top. I was a really uncomfortable experience for me and my young daughter. It just takes one, and the rest of the mob seems to think it is ok to join in. It wasn't all bad though, there was a pair of young boys sitting across from us who we had a good talk with about the game and where we had travelled from. My daughter was happy that we had made "Friends" on the train, but upset by all the swearing by Bulldog supporters.

I would be reluctant to take her on the train again, but being from country NSW, don't know the area well enough to park at the ground. I'll have to do a little more preparation next time.

As far as the OP's poll goes, I don't know if "They" mean the Media, or the supporters themselves, so I haven't voted.
yee i made a minor mistake i meant to say do THEY mean the group of supporters who did that kind of stuff in what i mentioned!

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Much like you lalalalala I don't take public transport anywhere much anymore, I drive anywhere.

The fact that my area has sweet FA public transport is an entirely different story though.

I believe that if an incident happens on public transport to and from game (or in jersey), that when the police ask for ID, they can take down membership card numbers and report the issue to the club as well.

I know inside the stadium security report membership card numbers of troublemakers to the club.

Problem is alot of the "hektiks" use their mates membership cards, and aren't normally members but those with a GA ticket. That causes problems in being able to identify and ban them if they muck up.

I'm actually surprised membership cards haven't gone to having the members photo on it to prevent "sharing" cards.

The Bulldogs Kennel Code of Conduct (for supporters) get's broken multiple times a game if you follow it by the book. That said chants like "oh referee" and "sending someone to see the pope" and the like are fine, but normally if I'm around parents with kids or elderly supporters I'll omit the language to prevent someone being offended.
kennel break code of conduct more than hektiks tbh lol

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
LMAO This thread has really brought the lols...

Attending games I have rarely ever had trouble, also aren't the hektics banned from ANZ ?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
bro u got no idea lmao. they called us bullwogs before then my mate re acted but we were just chanting lmao. we did noting rong bro relax urself. stop beating up the same stereotype we did nothing rong so relax. 3 times wenn we were walkin to the stadium we had abusue thrown towards us from bogan tigers fans and then wen we entered the ground that hotdog guy oputside allianz stadium called us all arab fkerrs, yet we didnt do anythjing we couldnt belted his hed in but we ignored it lmao. u got no idea, u probs saw one thing and decided to act

ur such a hero lmao belting up the same stereotype i was with them every second to and from the game from livo station back to the station

u lost the plot cuzzy get off ur highhorse
I think you just proved the stereotype correct. But relax aye cuzzy

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
I think you just proved the stereotype correct. But relax aye cuzzy
Haha

Just spoke to God. He said you're a knob and to watch the game at home
Haha again

Much like you lalalalala I don't take public transport anywhere much anymore, I drive anywhere.

The fact that my area has sweet FA public transport is an entirely different story though.

I believe that if an incident happens on public transport to and from game (or in jersey), that when the police ask for ID, they can take down membership card numbers and report the issue to the club as well.

I know inside the stadium security report membership card numbers of troublemakers to the club.

Problem is alot of the "hektiks" use their mates membership cards, and aren't normally members but those with a GA ticket. That causes problems in being able to identify and ban them if they muck up.

I'm actually surprised membership cards haven't gone to having the members photo on it to prevent "sharing" cards.

The Bulldogs Kennel Code of Conduct (for supporters) get's broken multiple times a game if you follow it by the book. That said chants like "oh referee" and "sending someone to see the pope" and the like are fine, but normally if I'm around parents with kids or elderly supporters I'll omit the language to prevent someone being offended.
LOL you are too serious about life

Status
Not open for further replies.