Bad Supporters

Do you agree they give Bulldogs supports a bad image?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last game I went to was the Parramatta game in Round 9, I took my 8 y.o. mad Bulldogs supporting daughter. As we are both Country Members, we only get to sit in GA, but would have loved to sit with the Army. During this game, there was a group of young bulldog supporters underneath the big screen, not all that far away from us. Most of the game they were banging their drum, singing chants etc. generally being well behaved supporters. Midway through the second half, something changed in their demeanour and were getting a little more aggressive in their support (swearing, yelling etc). Security came and it escalated, so the police also came, and it escalated more. Some of the supporters were taken away, others did runners, some just stayed put. My daughter didn't understand why they were being "Naughty" in the first place.

Then came the train ride back to Lidcome. I'm glad we were wearing bulldogs gear. On the train there was a couple of parra fans and they were copping all types of abuse. I have no trouble with a good hearted ribbing at the expense of the losing team (and am happy to cop good hearted ribbing back when we lose too), but this was a little over the top. I was a really uncomfortable experience for me and my young daughter. It just takes one, and the rest of the mob seems to think it is ok to join in. It wasn't all bad though, there was a pair of young boys sitting across from us who we had a good talk with about the game and where we had travelled from. My daughter was happy that we had made "Friends" on the train, but upset by all the swearing by Bulldog supporters.

I would be reluctant to take her on the train again, but being from country NSW, don't know the area well enough to park at the ground. I'll have to do a little more preparation next time.

As far as the OP's poll goes, I don't know if "They" mean the Media, or the supporters themselves, so I haven't voted.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe they need to dig up Noads code of conduct for supporters, everyone was encouraged to respect other clubs and supporters, most clubs have abusive idiots trying to be try hards.
The sad thing is our society is in social demise and people are bought up to be rude, it's the new way of the future, pig kids.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Young kids these days dont respect anyone and that includes their parents (whether they are Bulldog supporters or not).

If there is no discipline at home, then there isnt going to be any anywhere.

Growing up i didnt dare to swear at people, break train windows, or muck up at school or whatever, cause i was terrified of the belting i would have received from my dad. Cops or teachers didnt scare me. It was my dad reaching over for the cut hose and cracking me on the bare soles of my feet when i was kneeling!!!!!

These try hards )again bulldog supporters or not) are only strong in numbers. By themselves they sit and keep their mouths shut like lil cowards.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I know these boys. I went to one game with them, didn't have a good time and now I go to games with more behaved mates. Thankfully these guys are banned from ANZ stadium for 6 months, for a brawl with police at the latest Bulldogs v Rabbitohs game (I think).
On the bus to Allianz Stadium on Friday night I got talking to a young guy who is a Souths supporter. He said that he was upset that his wife refused to attend any more RL games after the last Bulldogs/Souths game as there was a gang of teenagers abusing women and using foul language. He said that he complained to security staff who told him they couldn't do anything about it.

It was embarrassing as I know that these young thugs do attend our games. I happily take my young kids to the game and have had no trouble but have heard enough reports to know it is a real blot on our club. Maybe people could take photos of these louts with their mobile phones and send them along to the club? It doesn't need to be a confrontation, just a quiet photo.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I would of course. A 60yo lady behind me was swearing her nut off last week. Comes with the territory. My uncle takes his 7yo kid to games, if you bring up you kid correctly then you will be able to be surrounded by people swearing and they wont swear either. Too many people like hickstar lol being hypocriters looking for anything to belt in that image again.
I have to say that last Friday night I was with a Tigers member in their section. When it started to rain I moved up the back where there were plenty of seats vacant. I am a 60 year old and was wearing my vintage Dogs jersey and scarf. The crowd at the back were really hostile and rude. It was a shock as generally in my experience at ANZ the bulldogs crowd is welcoming and polite.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At the end of the day EVERY club has a handfull of bad supporters, it just comes down to which team will sell more papers.

As a matter of fact, speaking to a Sargent, the teams with the supporters who cause the most problems are the Dragons and Tigers

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your experiences sound very appealing. I dont know you Jimmy but if you had a 5 year old daughter would you take her to the game on you own?
My wife, 5yr old daughter, 10yr old son & myself have been going now for 3yrs straight & have had no problems at all.
Just sometimes the colourful language yelled towards the referees, But you get that at football games.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bro u got no idea lmao. they called us bullwogs before then my mate re acted but we were just chanting lmao. we did noting rong bro relax urself. stop beating up the same stereotype we did nothing rong so relax. 3 times wenn we were walkin to the stadium we had abusue thrown towards us from bogan tigers fans and then wen we entered the ground that hotdog guy oputside allianz stadium called us all arab fkerrs, yet we didnt do anythjing we couldnt belted his hed in but we ignored it lmao. u got no idea, u probs saw one thing and decided to act

ur such a hero lmao belting up the same stereotype i was with them every second to and from the game from livo station back to the station

u lost the plot cuzzy get off ur highhorse
Lol is this post a joke?

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I take my daughter (11 and 7) to games and have nothing but respect for the way they are treated. We sit in reserved seat section on the eastern side of the ground. Mainly families. One thing I can say is that at a Dogs game there is very little drunkenness. I like a beer watching the game and when I go to the bar there is never a lineup or wait. Not good for the caterers but good for crowd behaviour.

My feeling is that there is a very small element who misbehave at Dogs games but they have a big impact on those immediately surrounding them. I miss the drums at ANZ as they created atmosphere.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bro u got no idea lmao. they called us bullwogs before then my mate re acted but we were just chanting lmao. we did noting rong bro relax urself. stop beating up the same stereotype we did nothing rong so relax. 3 times wenn we were walkin to the stadium we had abusue thrown towards us from bogan tigers fans and then wen we entered the ground that hotdog guy oputside allianz stadium called us all arab fkerrs, yet we didnt do anythjing we couldnt belted his hed in but we ignored it lmao. u got no idea, u probs saw one thing and decided to act

ur such a hero lmao belting up the same stereotype i was with them every second to and from the game from livo station back to the station

u lost the plot cuzzy get off ur highhorse
Did anybody else get a headache trying to decipher this dribble??

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, i beeen to every home game this year aswell as every away game with them and only one fight happend with cops (long story with cops - cops provoked it big time, and the copper got in **** for it - called my mate mum and arab fker" and they got ejected from the sharks supporter bay cause they were chanting bulldogs and everyone was complaining (there is a vid on youtube).

other than that they r really well behaved and passionate - go to more dogs games then all of you people complaining lol and make more noise at games than anyone

ask anyone sitting with us last week in the army, any complaints? lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anybody else get a headache trying to decipher this dribble??
Could you imagine being stuck on a train or in a grandstand proximal to him and his like-minded mates?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Would be painful. Need to pay more and get Cat1
it has been the same for years...a minority of supporters who make a bad name for the club....
i remember going to the dogs parra game a couple of yrs ago...and when we left the game and were walking to our cars...some idiots threw blue and white paint all over this parra supporters car....
there is definately no need for stuff like that!!
but it is just a minority and most clubs have them...its just the media who beats up the bulldogs supporters the most

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
I sat in the row in front of some of these ********s a few years back (was by myself , thats another thing finding somebody who wants to go to a dogs game with you cause of said ********s and their actions ) was getting towards the end of the game and these "********s" who were sitting in a predominately bulldogs supported area of ANZ were chanting "Bulldogs , Go dogs" and the like then 2 mins later it was all "go Brisbane , dogs are **** " and crap like that looking for people to react but nobody was biting , then one of them had a Dogs flag and kept lightly hitting the bloke sitting a couple of seats down from me with it and sort of draping it over him , the bloke would turn around a look and they'd be all " sorry mate , accident" only to keep doing it , the last straw was when i could feel something being pushed under my chair from behind which turned out to be a ladies hand bag with the wallet on top of it , i'd pretty much had enough by now so i grabbed the bag and gave it to the security and told them what had happened and where i was sitting , he thanked me and i left , was a shame as i didn't go to a game for a while after that. These "********s just wanted to start **** and had very little interest in the game IMO.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i take my 4 kids aged 8, 4, 3, and 2 to Doggies games when i can, i have no issues in bringing them to doggies games, swearing etc is part and parcel of supporting your team, i do it myself. I dont abuse other supporters but we do at times give it to them in a friendly sort of way, eg when we were smashing saints, my bro and i got up and started chanting "st george" while in our Dogs jersey, that sort of banter.

There will always be lots of idiots who come to our games and cause trouble, i have just called security when needed and have had fans removed if they seem to get too rowdy and about to escalate further trouble.

Even with our bad image, we still have the highest Avge crowd attendance by a Sydney team so that must count for something.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Haha those are the boys who sang old Mcdonald had a farm when the Police came at the Rabbits game then a brawl erupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.