Bad Supporters

Do you agree they give Bulldogs supports a bad image?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last week at the tigers game on Friday night. I experienced something us proud supporters wouldn't like to see which gave our club a bad image for other supporters. Walking down from Moore Park to the Central station and then at the station there were these teenagers bulldogs supporters. they had drums chanting proudly for the club and everything. But when we arrived there was a tigers supporters who walked past them. This "thug" wearing a bulldogs jersey started to use foul language to him. saying this about ur mum this that (i dont want to mention wat he said). he was abusing him. the tigers fan almost re acted and would have started a fight with him but he didn't! these teenagers gang bulldogs supporters need to be careful! they are really hurting our clubs image off field towards other clubs even though its not in the media but soon it will. its really bad!! no one likes seeing that or being sworn at random people in public!! something needs to be done

Last edited by a moderator:

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
I know these boys. I went to one game with them, didn't have a good time and now I go to games with more behaved mates. Thankfully these guys are banned from ANZ stadium for 6 months, for a brawl with police at the latest Bulldogs v Rabbitohs game (I think).

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Pack mentality. It's always the same type of kids.

Unfortunately, that is something we're stuck with as Bulldogs fans.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know these boys. I went to one game with them, didn't have a good time and now I go to games with more behaved mates. Thankfully these guys are banned from ANZ stadium for 6 months, for a brawl with police at the latest Bulldogs v Rabbitohs game (I think).
see i dont like this!! if ur going any where in public surely u would behave! but these idiots dont. but good on you! u made right move! u dont want to be embarrassed

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
bro u got no idea lmao. they called us bullwogs before then my mate re acted but we were just chanting lmao. we did noting rong bro relax urself. stop beating up the same stereotype we did nothing rong so relax. 3 times wenn we were walkin to the stadium we had abusue thrown towards us from bogan tigers fans and then wen we entered the ground that hotdog guy oputside allianz stadium called us all arab fkerrs, yet we didnt do anythjing we couldnt belted his hed in but we ignored it lmao. u got no idea, u probs saw one thing and decided to act

ur such a hero lmao belting up the same stereotype i was with them every second to and from the game from livo station back to the station

u lost the plot cuzzy get off ur highhorse

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would love to take my young kids to a Bulldogs game but I fear these boneheads. Not for my own safety but for my kids.

I went an AFL game in Melbourne quite a few years back and was surprised at how many families attend these games which include kids, grandparents, wives, etc. I assume its still the same.

I am sure incidents occur with the AFL crowds but all these family members attend. I assume if something occurs then fellow supporters help out (regardless of who they support).

Yes we do have these boneheads but as a group we should help if they target anybody and put some of these bonehead supporters in their place!

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Yehhh 6 months lol

Its not for everyone but if u like chanting n being loud supporting ur team then fair enough

if u dont like it fair enough

i admit sometimes poeple can go OTT but its not just us "teenagers" it is also other people too. i saw a fight outside allia nz stadium after thge game in the park which my mate recorded lol - two tigers supporters going hard

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been to many games, looking at it from a non-bias point of view, its more of a stereotypical reference against us. There has been no issues at our games for a few years now, and the hate is coming now because we are doing well. I don't recall any opposition fans been worried about our teams image in 2010 and 2011 when we were not genuine title contenders. You always find bad and good with every team, I have to say I have had the worst experiences with Manly, Souths, Dragons and Roosters fans (their 11 fans). I think the best I have come across would be Warriors fans. (don't know why others ramble on about, on other forums that they have had problems with them, I have never had one).

The promotion of Beau Ryan's "doggiezzz" has reached a point of over the top now, especially when you see 5-6 year old's doing it.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Agreed, i beeen to every home game this year aswell as every away game with them and only one fight happend with cops (long story with cops - cops provoked it big time, and the copper got in **** for it - called my mate mum and arab fker" and they got ejected from the sharks supporter bay cause they were chanting bulldogs and everyone was complaining (there is a vid on youtube).

other than that they r really well behaved and passionate - go to more dogs games then all of you people complaining lol and make more noise at games than anyone

ask anyone sitting with us last week in the army, any complaints? lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been to many games, looking at it from a non-bias point of view, its more of a stereotypical reference against us. There has been no issues at our games for a few years now, and the hate is coming now because we are doing well. I don't recall any opposition fans been worried about our teams image in 2010 and 2011 when we were not genuine title contenders. You always find bad and good with every team, I have to say I have had the worst experiences with Manly, Souths, Dragons and Roosters fans (their 11 fans). I think the best I have come across would be Warriors fans. (don't know why others ramble on about, on other forums that they have had problems with them, I have never had one).
Your experiences sound very appealing. I dont know you Jimmy but if you had a 5 year old daughter would you take her to the game on you own?

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Your experiences sound very appealing. I dont know you Jimmy but if you had a 5 year old daughter would you take her to the game on you own?
I would of course. A 60yo lady behind me was swearing her nut off last week. Comes with the territory. My uncle takes his 7yo kid to games, if you bring up you kid correctly then you will be able to be surrounded by people swearing and they wont swear either. Too many people like hickstar lol being hypocriters looking for anything to belt in that image again.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
You should ask the other hundreds of parents who take their kids to Bulldogs games, and have their 5-6 year old's joined as season ticket holders, who don't seem to have an issue. In terms of your question, I would take my child upon their own request, and if there was an issue at the game, then no I would not take them again. Every parent (At least I hope) sees the protection of their child as paramount importance.
At least as a graduate in Children Serves I certainly hope so:grinning: I still have 2 years left to finish my primary teaching degree at Sydney university, and let me tell you there is nothing worse than been a student on prac and having 5-6 year olds imitating Beau Ryan.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
oh whoops I mis-read the question and voted wrong

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would of course. A 60yo lady behind me was swearing her nut off last week. Comes with the territory. My uncle takes his 7yo kid to games, if you bring up you kid correctly then you will be able to be surrounded by people swearing and they wont swear either. Too many people like hickstar lol being hypocriters looking for anything to belt in that image again.
Fair enough. I think its great when fans barrack for their teams but when someone who is defenceless and is picked on by others then that is just wrong.

The only thing that means anything to me in my life is my wife & kids!

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
bro u got no idea lmao. they called us bullwogs before then my mate re acted but we were just chanting lmao. we did noting rong bro relax urself. stop beating up the same stereotype we did nothing rong so relax. 3 times wenn we were walkin to the stadium we had abusue thrown towards us from bogan tigers fans and then wen we entered the ground that hotdog guy oputside allianz stadium called us all arab fkerrs, yet we didnt do anythjing we couldnt belted his hed in but we ignored it lmao. u got no idea, u probs saw one thing and decided to act

ur such a hero lmao belting up the same stereotype i was with them every second to and from the game from livo station back to the station

mate i know u didnt cause anything or a fight but! its when use swear and use racist language or anything else! be the better person and dont respond to wat other tell ya! u dont want to get urself in trouble because u think u were doing the right thing!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You should ask the other hundreds of parents who take their kids to Bulldogs games, and have their 5-6 year old's joined as season ticket holders, who don't seem to have an issue. In terms of your question, I would take my child upon their own request, and if there was an issue at the game, then no I would not take them again. Every parent (At least I hope) sees the protection of their child as paramount importance.
At least as a graduate in Children Serves I certainly hope so:grinning: I still have 2 years left to finish my primary teaching degree at Sydney university, and let me tell you there is nothing worse than been a student on prac and having 5-6 year old imitating Beau Ryan.
That's reassuring.

My kids have their jerseys so it must be time to take them.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You see them (the same type of idiot) at every game sadly. The ones who can afford the jersey, bandwagon as supporters but have no interest in the game, and instead more interest in causing trouble.

There will ALWAYS be hecklers from opposing sides. It's part of the game. But you have three options when you are getting heckled (outside of the game/on way to game).

1. Fire up and mouth back, causing most likely a flare up or conflict from the other supporter.
2. Ignore them and go about your way (the most sensible solution).
3. Inform security/police nearby and let them resolve the issue.

Our club has done a downright brilliant job of turning the image of supporters around.

A short story... a few years ago still when the media were highlighting the Bulldogs as having problem supporters, I didn't attend live games. I feared that those diehard supporters were the ones the media claimed were causing problems and I didn't want to get involved in that. How wrong I was. If anything it's when you get amongst the TRUE supporters that you realise the idiots are minority. I'm so glad that I joined up as a member and got amongst the real fans, because it completely changed my perception on things.

The media is slowly coming around and you notice commentators often highlight supporters and The Kennel/Army on TV these days. Kennel members point out troublemakers where they can because even if you have 20,005 Bulldogs supporters, if you have 5 who start a brawl or trash a train, it won'tbe the other 20,000 good well behaved supporters that hit the newspaper, it'll be the 5 causing problems.

If anyone has mates who are prone to a bit of a brain explosion at the footy, give a clip around the ears and tell them to behave themselves if they start playing up. Their actions reflect negatively on an entire fan base.
totally agreed with everything but the problem they dont know this!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

You have massive issues.

Thank god you and your mates have been banned from the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.