Backline next year?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo might not even be here next year
Yeah if Avo continues to do well and based on that form demands to be in front of other options next year, he will likely price himself beyond what the Dogs can afford, as he still has not agreed on an extension.

Having said that if Averillo is extended, I think Alamoti and Averillo will be the Centers at the beginning of the year, and it will be up to Xerri to demand selection based on his form in NSW Cup. I see Skelton being more of the JO type player for CC. Will come on to play in the middle but can cover Centre or Winger if injuries occur.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Critta
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Xerri
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Oloapu

14. Averillo

If Averillo's form continues Xerri could start in reserve grade until he gets some form. I think that's the only position up for grabs in our backs. If we can keep Averillo as a 14 for a couple of years that'd be very valuable.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was told Burns is not part of the plans for next year
I can see the reasons for and against that call, we have a few exciting jnrs coming through who might need upgrades.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
everyone’s forgetting xerri is 6x as big as he was last time he played in the backline, I would just play him in the forwards, would give us awesome leg speed
Reports are that he has trimmed down and is even faster. 4 years with no injuries. Body should be good.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
everyone’s forgetting xerri is 6x as big as he was last time he played in the backline, I would just play him in the forwards, would give us awesome leg speed
That's what my dad has been saying as well. I even shared it on here, and I got shot down for it.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo needs to be re-signed first, to even be in the conversation.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's what my dad has been saying as well. I even shared it on here, and I got shot down for it.
he’s not roided anymore, someone posted some photos or he did an interview in his thread and he’s slimmed right down again to he’s previous size.

I think just since players are all starting to be coached we’ll and click we want to somehow keep everyone on board. This is a good issue to have but.

If Xerri had kept his size I would of been for him in an RFM roll but obviously the coaching staff have told him to be a speedster again.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Alamoti has the potential to be a good backrower, esp. lock.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Xerri and Averillo give attacking threats on both sides .
Depends on how xerri performs in off season but let’s say for arguments sake he gets back to 75% of his potential , would he take Alomoti’s position ?

It feels like if Averillo can influence on a game like he did yesterday then it’s a shoot out between Alamoti and xerri and I’d go with xerri if he has a strong off season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Too early too call but right now I'd say Kiraz, Fox and myself are the three that are locked in with the two centre spots up for grabs. Alamoti and Averillo haven't done enough to lock down either role yet while Xerri could be anything, 4 years out of the game is a very long time so it could take him a while to find his feet if he finds them at all.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all interested to see what everyone’s thoughts on what our backline will be at full strength next year. Ciraldo will have a good problem picking his best backline out of below especially with the form of Averillo:
Crighton
Xerri
JAC
Averillo
Alomoti
Kiraz
Perham
Skelton
Averillo gets dominated against quality centres in defence

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not "6x as big as he was", he is almost down to his 2019 weight and he was never a lightweight.

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We are stacked in the backs ... If Xerri fires we will lose 2 out of Skelton, Alamoti, Averillo imo. We have Papalii, Wilson and Gabriel coming through also and that Samrami kid.

Will be like Panthers soon, gun juniors and having to let big boys go

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably the most lethal backline we've had in years.

Can't think of a faster backline.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Critta
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Xerri
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Oloapu

14. Averillo

If Averillo's form continues Xerri could start in reserve grade until he gets some form. I think that's the only position up for grabs in our backs. If we can keep Averillo as a 14 for a couple of years that'd be very valuable.
If Averillo gets a new deal this is how I would go too. I think if Averillo has a position 14 is it. At a pinch he can do a job filling in from 1-7.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A lot depends on how Xerri returns after the 4yrs away. If he is as explosive as he was then it won’t take him long to work his way back into the team. A lot can change, but right now I feel it’s:
1. Crichton
2. JAC
3 & 4. Shoot out between Alamoti, Avo and Xerri
5. Kiraz

Skelton to play the role we seeing from Knockonball. While I’m not a fan personally, I feel like CC and Gus see something in Knockonball and he probably takes up $150k on the Cap so I’m very confident he re-signs for a couple yrs on min wage.
Perham will play mostly NSW Cup, back up in a few positions when needed. Burns is the unknown, I’ve always rated him, not a superstar and knows how to find an injury but he’s tough and gives 100% always. If he accepts Min wage he’s another I’d keep as back up with experience.

It sure is nice to finally be back in a position that we have these head aches and we not replacing reserve graders with worse reserve graders each wk.
Please no. Not another contract handed out to Knockonmor.