Backline next year?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think Averillo will re-sign to play 14?
Averillo isn’t signing at any of the 17 clubs with guarantee to be in the 17 let alone the starting team. If he was offered a good realistic chance to be our 14 moving forward. I believe he would sign that deal.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Crighton / Perham / Papali'i
2. Fox / Wilson
3. Alamoti / Clarke
4. Averillo / Xerri
5. Kiraz / Skelton
6. KO / BBO / Rajab
7. Burton / Hayward

14. Perham / Averillo

Stacked.
Fully fit we are stacked in the backs … need forwards

TigerLala

Waterboy
Reaction score
1 Critter
2 Jac
3 Xerri
4 alamoti/Skelton
5 Kiraz

14. Averillo if he resigns..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who do you think is quicker?
Xerri or Foxx?

I think Foxx might have him over 100m, but Xerri might have him over 40m.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
A lot depends on how Xerri returns after the 4yrs away. If he is as explosive as he was then it won’t take him long to work his way back into the team. A lot can change, but right now I feel it’s:
1. Crichton
2. JAC
3 & 4. Shoot out between Alamoti, Avo and Xerri
5. Kiraz

Skelton to play the role we seeing from Knockonball. While I’m not a fan personally, I feel like CC and Gus see something in Knockonball and he probably takes up $150k on the Cap so I’m very confident he re-signs for a couple yrs on min wage.
Perham will play mostly NSW Cup, back up in a few positions when needed. Burns is the unknown, I’ve always rated him, not a superstar and knows how to find an injury but he’s tough and gives 100% always. If he accepts Min wage he’s another I’d keep as back up with experience.

It sure is nice to finally be back in a position that we have these head aches and we not replacing reserve graders with worse reserve graders each wk.
Yeah agree with this

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You think Averillo will re-sign to play 14?
He's not really going to be just playing 14 though is he? The chances of Crighton, JAC, Xerri, Alamoti and Kiraz playing every game is next to zero when injuries, suspensions, HIA's, SOO and internationals are taken account of.

Meaney signed with Melbourne under the same situation and he's played plenty of games.

Always a Bulldog

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all interested to see what everyone’s thoughts on what our backline will be at full strength next year. Ciraldo will have a good problem picking his best backline out of below especially with the form of Averillo:
Crighton
Xerri
JAC
Averillo
Alomoti
Kiraz
Perham
Skelton
We need to sign averillo first

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Need to see Skelton have a crack before 2024

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Need to see Skelton have a crack before 2024
We're stacked in the backs next year. This years his best shot to play in our backs and at full strength he isn't going to make it (I would of started him in the centres this year but can't really do it now).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jeral was born in Recliffe.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're stacked in the backs next year. This years his best shot to play in our backs and at full strength he isn't going to make it (I would of started him in the centres this year but can't really do it now).
Exactly my point

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great problem to have indeed, ball is in Avo's court to make a centre spot his own over the course of this year.
Spot on, this is Avo’s year to nail a position down long-term in the backline, specifically centre or wing - but everyone assumes Xerri is a shoe-in, that’s not necessarily the case…it’s for Xerri to prove also.

I feel like Crichton, Fox, Kiraz, Alamoti are safe… Avo will be safe if he has a career year but this may also complicate things… I can see Storm, Roosters, Parra, Dolphins and Knights making a play for him if this happens. He stays with us ultimately based on the trust CC has placed in him.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton full back, Fox and kiraz on the wings. Xeeri and Averillo the centres. Or have Alomoti right centre with Averillo on the bench
Agree with Kiraz inside Fox. Kiraz is a big unit and will always draw 2 defenders for a offload for Fox. I've already spoken to Terry about this and he agreed.