B Morris happy at Dragons, wants to stay - only other serious contender the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Dragons eager to keep Morris, but Poore could be a lost cause
BY TIM BARROW
20/05/2009 4:00:00 AM

While St George Illawarra are virtually resigned to losing star prop Justin Poore, the club has renewed hope of securing in-form winger Brett Morris to a new contract.

The Dragons now turn their attention to retaining Morris (right) after signing second-rower Ben Creagh to a new four year deal and hooker Dean Young for a further three years in the past week.

Morris' agent David Riolo yesterday said the winger has received "several expressions of interest" from rival NRL clubs, but the 22-year-old is hoping to remain at the Dragons.

"He has indicated that he is happy there and would like to stay," Riolo told the Mercury yesterday.

"Brett has certainly enjoyed the chance to play under Wayne Bennett.

"We are looking at his options, but he certainly won't move lightly."

A cagey Riolo was reluctant to discuss offers on the table for Morris, but the Bulldogs are understood to be the only other serious contenders, after twin brother Josh moved there at the start of the season.

Brett has become hot property in the NRL after his electrifying form on the left wing, scoring seven tries this season, including a club record-equalling four-try haul against North Queensland.

Riolo said he and Morris had met Dragons chief executive Peter Doust, but had not yet sat down with Bulldogs officials.

The negotiations come as Poore is believed to be close to signing a three-year deal worth close to $1 million with the Sharks.

The Dragons have not moved to upgrade their original offer to Poore, which is understood to be about $80,000 per season less than what he could earn at the Sharks and Parramatta.

Poore and manager Todd Buckingham have gained a guarantee about payments because of the Sharks' current financial strife and their major sponsorship with LG under threat in the wake of the 2002 group sex claims involving the club.

However, it is believed Poore is still favouring a switch to Cronulla rather than Parramatta because it is closer to his home in Wollongong.

Poore, who produced a sensational performance against the Bulldogs to keep himself in NSW State of Origin calculations, will travel to his potential new home when the Dragons take on the Sharks at Toyota Park on Saturday night.

Through a statement to club members, Dragons recruitment manager Craig Young yesterday defended the offer made to Poore.

"Our offer would place Justin in the top few players in terms of salary at our club," Young said.

"But Justin and his manager have informed the club they wish to pursue alternatives with a view to gaining a better financial offer."
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...-but-poore-could-be-a-lost-cause/1517509.aspx

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
"He has indicated that he is happy there and would like to stay," Riolo told the Mercury yesterday."

every players says this. hopefully we get him to put **** on st merge supporters

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at the Sharks for going after Poore........

They might not be around next year......

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was hoping that Josh would influence him to come to the dogs i think he would be a great buy for us replacing haz his got some talent

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would be a good buy but i dont think he will be as good as his brother.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of that means nothing.

Many times what an agent/player say and what they mean are two entirely different things.

All of this could be a smoke screen so as to get the Dragons to increase their offer and therefore make us increase ours.

Either way, we won't know for sure until he has signed on the dotted line somehwere so the speculation about Morris every three days is getting old and absurd.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL at the Sharks for going after Poore........

They might not be around next year......
Wonder what would happen if he went to the Sharks and they folded before the term of his contract?
No doubt they would build something into his contract to say he would get a payout if they went under, so I reckon Poore would be hoping they went under before the end of his contract, get a payout and move to the next club!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats he supposed to say ?

If he even remotely mentions anything untowards against the dragons his price will go down and he might find himself out of the team.

He should be at the dogs next year hopefully.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Means nothing, he's not going to say he doesn't to stay or that he's not happy.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is all wrapped up and coming to us. His manager is saying that so Morris can still play FG this year. Remember Bennet dropped Hodges because he went to the roosters?

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should go after Justin Poore he would slot right into our team

dragons83

Waterboy
Reaction score
word from kogarah is that no chance in brett goin to the dogs and that wen matt coopers contract finishes at the dragons its the same time josh's contract is up at the dogs he will be straight back at kogarah. sorry to burst your bubble guys

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Baahahaahahaha the "word" from kogarah means f**k all. The only word from kogarah is that you guys played the game of your lives, had all the refs on your side, we played sh!thouse and you still couldn't beat us.

Back to your hole

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
word from kogarah is that no chance in brett goin to the dogs and that wen matt coopers contract finishes at the dragons its the same time josh's contract is up at the dogs he will be straight back at kogarah. sorry to burst your bubble guys
Gotta say I heard it too. But it was another twat dragons fan like you. These rumors always tend to get around quite quickly.

I guess we'll see in the next few weeks ah!??

Oh yeah and go back to your fkn hole Dragqueen!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because Josh said to you "Hey, Dargon83, when my contract is up, I'll come back to the Dragqueens. You know, the club that didn't give me or my brother a proper chance and kept fcking around with us."

Sorry to burst my jizz all over your face.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And shouldn't it be "The word from Kogarah and Wollongong"?

Merged c*nts with nothing next to their name.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because Josh said to you "Hey, Dargon83, when my contract is up, I'll come back to the Dragqueens. You know, the club that didn't give me or my brother a proper chance and kept fcking around with us."

Sorry to burst my jizz all over your face.
And shouldn't it be "The word from Kogarah and Wollongong"?

Merged c*nts with nothing next to their name.
Hahahahaha. Oh K E, where would I be without you in my life? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.