• Release him for Cheese

Votes: 78 76.5%

• Total voters

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is pretty easy. There's a high demand for quality dummy halves, we have a guy coming in who has the tools to be an elite half in Burton.

Make the trade, see what we have with BBO, he's kind of perfect for the current game.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d trade anyone but Thompson and cotric for him that we currently
Have.

Burton and fox aren’t here so they don’t count and no I wouldn’t trade them either.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Letting avo go would bite us on the ass eventually but with BBO coming through we can cover him we need a decent DH as number one priority if that means avo goes, so be it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fukn Melbourne.. How is avo and Smith a like for like trade?

Topine and Avo have to stay, they are the next gen of junior Bulldogs we have been waiting for.

Last edited:

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo and cheese work so well together. Why separate when we can have both

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Obviously we need B.Smith but I wouldn't want to give up on Averillo, especially while he's improving his defence and kicking so well...

If Bellamy could turn Hynes into such an in demand player, imagine what he could do with Averillo who is younger and has more upside.. Averillo, Alamoti, Topine etc are our future and we can't lose them.

We'd solve a huge issue at hooker by getting Smith, but we'd just create another problem as there's no one else to partner Burton next season (and please don't suggest Flopagan)

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it came down to letting Avo go to get Cheese, what do you say?
That's a tough one Assassin, but in that scenario here is what I would do.

Before I release Avo, I would sign him to a contract for 2023 & beyond ensuring that like a boomerang - he comes back.

Then as Cheese only contractual obligation to Storm is for 2022, I would argue to the Storm that they are only helping us out for 2022 & nothing beyond.

The only other option would be a 2022 player swap, but Avo must be signed to come back in 2023 at the very least even though that is a risk once he has seen the green grass on the other side.

Malla

Reaction score
Tough one.

We can all see the potential Avo has. I really think having Burton and JAC, along with other players we sign around him will make him a much better footballer. Look at how well he is doing for us surrounded by losers and shit *****.

Actually fuck it I would rather Avo

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it came down to letting Avo go to get Cheese, what do you say?
It would be our luck if we let Avo go he’d become the next Thurston. I’d stick with his development for another 3 years.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
i wouldn’t do it. smith has a few problems at hooker,in a poor side he’s just another bare bum in the shower.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I would do it. Still have faith in Flanno to come good and partner Burton next year with cheese at 9.

Yes pls

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No question, release anyone except Burton or JAC for the cheese, everyone should be for sale.

And the people saying he wouldn't go to melbourne.. lol. primary half at the spooners, or win a comp coming off the bench and being backup to injury prone papsmear or munster? I know what i'd pick

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I do like my cheese and smashed avo. But if I had to choose... cheese toastie all the way!