Opinion Averillo to Hooker, Lewis also to hooker. Must read!

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa has better hands and better vision. I'd put Hoppa in as hooker.
Agree. I posted same thing last week. Hoppa is too slow for FB and centre but he throws far better passes than any hooker at our club and he has better vision as you said.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll just say why I think this is a bad idea.

Averillo has copped a few big knocks running the ball at centre. His last stint out of the game came after he got smashed out on the edge. Moving him to hooker in attack would make him a target for the opposition forwards. Last thing I want is to destroy the kid by having him playing among the forward packs. At this point I actually think he's been rushed into the team a little early. He's promising in attack. But deserved a little bit of time to toughen up before being thrown in the deep end.

How's this for an idea. Leave the coaching to our coaches and hope they're able to get good football out of our roster without having to resort to shuffling players around the field for defence or attack. Averillo will be a quality player and will eventually find a position to make his own. But there's no need to rush him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm really having a hard time understanding what IS the plan with him then ?

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not the worst idea I have heard to be honest . I would sign jai field from parra and give him pre season playing hooker he has electric pace on minimum wage

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I highly recommend trying this! It's been a couple days now and the reduction in inane posts is amazing!
I've got a few prolific argumentative posters on ignore. It can create a situation where you just see people making seemingly frustrated comments with no context repetitively.