Opinion Averillo to Hooker, Lewis also to hooker. Must read!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

This is not a troll!!!
As radical as this sounds, hear me out. Please please.

Whilst firing up the pipe last nightt, i put my 'strategy' hat on wityh the Bulldogs and started thinking about the hooker situation.
Images of mCINNESS, starling, friend, bsmith, liddle all came to mind.

Then my brain asked itself the question,
Who is the quickest,most agile half or hooker out there today.

And the answer hit me, you woouldnt believe it, but its been staring us in the face the whole time.

jake averillo!!!

We have been tossing up how to use him. Wing, centre, 5/8, Fullback, but we never thought of him as a rake.

Yet he can be our own Damien Cook.

as a half, you assume he has some semblance of vision and creativity. We know hes agile AF. He would be the perfect attacking hooker.

Now i know what you are thinking at this point. 'How would he handle the defensive needs in the middle'.

Well i have a solution, and it plays off a little something i suggested last week.
First, If Cook can do it, so should Avo, but, if your scepitcal of that. Hows this?

In defence, Lewis comes into the middle to defend as a traditional hooker, and Avo goes to the traditional halves defensive spot (or anywhere really).

This p;lan utilises both players strengths. lewis' collar bone breaking defensive hits, his clearing kicks, and Avios agility and creativity.

ITS FOOKING PERFECT.

I sat on this revelation for 24 hours, just in case it was the ICE giving me ideas as i havent slept in a week, but after a good nights sleep, i still feel it ius a brillian plan.

And I am ready to share it with you. Nasheed.
Averillo to hooker, Lewis also to Hooker. If the complete idiots were banned for life from TK, it would make us a top 4 team instantly.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed....when I said go out there and find a hooker, I didn't say "within the club!"
Now, get off that crack pipe and stop being a lazy **** and get your gear on again and get out there and attract a real hooker, ffs!!

Screenshot_20200827-214713_Google.jpg

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

This is not a troll!!!
As radical as this sounds, hear me out. Please please.

Whilst firing up the pipe last nightt, i put my 'strategy' hat on wityh the Bulldogs and started thinking about the hooker situation.
Images of mCINNESS, starling, friend, bsmith, liddle all came to mind.

Then my brain asked itself the question,
Who is the quickest,most agile half or hooker out there today.

And the answer hit me, you woouldnt believe it, but its been staring us in the face the whole time.

jake averillo!!!

We have been tossing up how to use him. Wing, centre, 5/8, Fullback, but we never thought of him as a rake.

Yet he can be our own Damien Cook.

as a half, you assume he has some semblance of vision and creativity. We know hes agile AF. He would be the perfect attacking hooker.

Now i know what you are thinking at this point. 'How would he handle the defensive needs in the middle'.

Well i have a solution, and it plays off a little something i suggested last week.
First, If Cook can do it, so should Avo, but, if your scepitcal of that. Hows this?

In defence, Lewis comes into the middle to defend as a traditional hooker, and Avo goes to the traditional halves defensive spot (or anywhere really).

This p;lan utilises both players strengths. lewis' collar bone breaking defensive hits, his clearing kicks, and Avios agility and creativity.

ITS FOOKING PERFECT.

I sat on this revelation for 24 hours, just in case it was the ICE giving me ideas as i havent slept in a week, but after a good nights sleep, i still feel it ius a brillian plan.

And I am ready to share it with you. Nasheed.
Hoppa has better hands and better vision. I'd put Hoppa in as hooker.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would like to publicly announce I have been "Nasheeded.." now that I have got that off my chest can you please fuck off to rehab and give us all a rest...
Mods said he's here to generate interest and discussion.

Might be time to think it through. Is it worth it?

I've suggested to TK before tho ...just ignore, don't reply.
By doing so you give him oxygen.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The last few comments make allegations of trolling.

This isn't trolling at all.

What's so bad about this idea?

It utilises both Averillos strength (attack and agility ) and Lewis strength (defence) and it isn't overly radical.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol. I like Nasheed he always makes me laugh at how easy he can wind you guys up.
Still he does make valid points. I would think Averillo would need a decent passing game to play dummy half and I haven't seen how good he is with the ball. Maybe Hoppa can have a go there since he does have the best hands in our team.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Kennel has turned to shit and it has coincided with our worst ever period in history at the club.

All of the clowns/trolls are coming out of the woodwork.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feck this kent off or become a laughing stock forum
Up to the big boys/girls to remove
How is he or she even allowed to post threads

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey Nasheed...your title says Averillo to hooker and Lewis to hooker also.
How many hookers have you got in this team of yours? Looks like you have a team full of hookers...and you still can't score. Dear oh dear....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. I like Nasheed he always makes me laugh at how easy he can wind you guys up.
Still he does make valid points. I would think Averillo would need a decent passing game to play dummy half and I haven't seen how good he is with the ball. Maybe Hoppa can have a go there since he does have the best hands in our team.
THANKYOU!
Finally some sense.

you sir are gifted, with gifts!

As for the concern you raise.
I have made an assumption that Jake has a fair passing game.
But surely its a fair assumption? how can you entertain the thought of being a half if you dont possess basic fluid passing skills?

If he DOESNT have this as is, our problems run much deeper.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey Nasheed...your title says Averillo to hooker and Lewis to hooker also.
How many hookers have you got in this team of yours? Looks like you have a team full of hookers...and you still can't score. Dear oh dear....
Its hard to convey the point i raise in a title.

but basically its referring to AVERILLO being our hooker in attack, and LEWIS assuming the position in DEFENCE.

If my plan follows the script, its jakes strength in attack and lewis in defence.

Over the 4 pages, no one has managed to say why its a bad idea, bar one person that wondered if avo can make the switch, which i said i dont think it will be hard as hes only doing half the job.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its hard to convey the point i raise in a title.

but basically its referring to AVERILLO being our hooker in attack, and LEWIS assuming the position in DEFENCE.

If my plan follows the script, its jakes strength in attack and lewis in defence.

Over the 4 pages, no one has managed to say why its a bad idea, bar one person that wondered if avo can make the switch, which i said i dont think it will be hard as hes only doing half the job.
Let me try to explain it to you then.
See, when you're a hooker, you have to play in the middle of the field and defend a lot. Problem is when you're like Averillo who is 60kg soaking wet, against blokes who are 120kg+ it becomes no contest after 5mins...let alone 80mins.

To make it even easier to understand, please see below picture. Averillo is the car and opposition forwards are that other thing on top of Averillo....see what I mean?

Screenshot_20200901-224726_Google.jpg

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me try to explain it to you then.
See, when you're a hooker, you have to play in the middle of the field and defend a lot. Problem is when you're like Averillo who is 60kg soaking wet, against blokes who are 120kg+ it becomes no contest after 5mins...let alone 80mins.

To make it even easier to understand, please see below picture. Averillo is the car and opposition forwards are that other thing on top of Averillo....see what I mean?

View attachment 16672
I humbly and politely request you read a few of my comments again, that tank would be running at lewis in my plan (they switch in defence) so lewis would handle that tank and we both know he would put a hole in it..

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who ever accused you of having a brain?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t read a single word. Just came in to say admin please finally ban this nuftie
Please don't ban him we having a laugh we forgetting our problems that our team are fully shit for a moment