Australian Story-Associate Professor Michelle Telfer-Transgender Youth Transitioning

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I agree that it's unusual. And I don't know if you actually watched the video or just took this stance without delving into it at all. But seeing one of the young individuals involved in this and their parents who are both ministers was very encouraging to me. Among the tenets of most religions is that we flawed humans aren't meant to be judging others. If those parents are able to overcome their aversion to this then I think that it's a positive sign that we live in a progressive world.

It isn't really going to cause you any harm that a handful of people in the world feel like they're born in the wrong body and want to take measures so they feel right about themselves. I'm certain that this program doesn't just let kids walk in off the street and start treatment. There would be psychiatric screening well before any of them were able to undergo any form of treatment. Unless you've done the study to know how these people are feeling about themselves, you are taking your stance from a very limited set of life experiences. I really hope that if you have kids they're not born with any traits that you don't agree with because I have a feeling they'd have a very hard time even approaching you about things.
Look, if there's a way of helping these people that does not involved encouraging this kind of stuff, then I'm all for it. It sounds mental to me, and a mental impairment is something that needs to be treated, not embraced.

How is it mental? Well it's obviously not physical. If you're born male, that's what you are, a male. If you think otherwise then there is obviously something wrong mentally. Get that mental problem treated, rather than encourage them to go under the knife.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Look, if there's a way of helping these people that does not involved encouraging this kind of stuff, then I'm all for it. It sounds mental to me, and a mental impairment is something that needs to be treated, not embraced.

How is it mental? Well it's obviously not physical. If you're born male, that's what you are, a male. If you think otherwise then there is obviously something wrong mentally. Get that mental problem treated, rather than encourage them to go under the knife.
Wahesh did you watch Australian Story mate?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Dude. No offence. But did you watch the clip?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just on another note related to the clip.

Whats people perspective on the wife being the breadwinner? And the husband being a stay at home dad/ part-time worker when children come into the picture?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"They" as in the group of people getting involved in this, it's a pro-noun - how else would you suggest of refer to them as?

And as mentioned 17,000 times on here, Pedophile Priests are not Priests at all, they are Pedophile's and criminal who will be met by Satan in Hell. They should be punished, I'm not arguing with anyone about that.
That group of people you refer too that are getting involved in this are families supporting a member who is going through probably the most traumatic experience in their lives and you referred to them all as "not normal". All the while you worship a god that makes paedophiles and allows them to wear his cloth and represent his and your church. I know which sounds normal to me.

Apologies @wendog33, that's all I'm saying on this.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whats people perspective on the wife being the breadwinner? And the husband being a stay at home dad/ part-time worker when children come into the picture?
I have tried for decades to get my wife to climb the corporate ladder as I would have loved nothing better to be a stay at home dad. I'm a good cook, a fair cleaner and a wizard on the ironing board. But alas, she thinks all I wanted to do was smoke dope and play WoW. Did I mention she's clued up as well. lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

She is a Professor and, I guess, earns the higher salary so it seems the better. and more sensible, financial arrangement.

Plus she is top of her field of medicine and her partner is happy to let her contribute to the community more than he perhaps could...that's what he seemed to explain.

They all seemed satisfied and happy with the arrangement.

Times are changing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sounds like Witchcraft to me. Has she been burned at the stake yet?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That group of people you refer too that are getting involved in this are families supporting a member who is going through probably the most traumatic experience in their lives and you referred to them all as "not normal". All the while you worship a god that makes paedophiles and allows them to wear his cloth and represent his and your church. I know which sounds normal to me.

Apologies @wendog33, that's all I'm saying on this.
Apology accepted lol.

It's a controversial subject but one we should have the discussion about. It would be a nice change to just stick to the subject, rather than side issues (however much they impinge on the way our views are formed).

It seems important to me to understand about the individual children, and their parents, and how these children deal with this (phenomenon?) Put ourselves in their shoes and it must be just so difficult.

There's no doubt those kids they showed are happier, look like the gender they identify with, and that these gender issues will only become more transparent as time goes on.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me it doesn't sound like you thought for yourself at all, it sounds like the left-winged media did the thinking for you and made the Church out to be bad.

Who am I kidding, of course that's what happened.
What left wing media ? the church are the ones who brainwash children ! if anyone else does it lookout!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can someone please summarise in 2-3 sentences. I don’t have time to watch a video that long. Thank you :grinning:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like she has been talking to Bruce Gender a bit too much

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually worked at a company 2 years or so ago where there was a person transitioning from female to male.
Without being an expert on the subject i would suggest by supporting this change the family and close friends have saved the life of this young person.
The nastiness, childish sniggering etc etc that he encounters probably to this day is bloody disgusting, some humans are real arseholes if you don't understand or agree just stay the hell out of it...completely!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Not my personal situation but no issue at all.
If she has a great job and financially it makes sense why wouldn’t you. Some men might feel threatened not being ‘the breadwinner’. I don’t get that personally. Good chance to catch up on Podcasts while vacuuming or watch Netflix while cooking - winning!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes you did attack them as you said "they" are not right, as in the individuals going through or supporting someone going through what would be a confusing and traumatic time.

Is that why your paedophile enabling god won't alter his own priests desires to ram their dicks into children, because they take pride in what he made them?
Still waiting for your equal attacks on other religions.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still waiting for your equal attacks on other religions.
Not directed at Kambah but you won't get attacks on other religions. You will be labeled anti-Semitic or a islamaphobe. No label to hate Christians so it's all good.