Australian Story-Associate Professor Michelle Telfer-Transgender Youth Transitioning

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This topic came up recently. Thought some may be interested. This is from tonight's Australian Story.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know that a lot of people are against the idea of this. But I'm glad that the service is there to help. One of my housemates lifelong friends has a son that's transitioning from male to female. His dad is somewhat devastated about it. But the kid (now 21-22) was pretty unstable growing up before he started the process. Since starting it all he's lived as a woman, got his life on track in terms of doing well at work and in society. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a choice or a fashion statement deal with going into this. And I'm sure that having professionals to help teach them that they're not freaks for wanting to match their mind to their body is incredibly helpful.

The fact that only 0.5% of the kids that have started the process have opted out throughout the entire time this service has been in operation shows that it's not some sort of phase. I'm of the opinion that someone thats changed sex and is happy is better than someone that's committed suicide because they feel like they're an abomination in the wrong body.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know that a lot of people are against the idea of this. But I'm glad that the service is there to help. One of my housemates lifelong friends has a son that's transitioning from male to female. His dad is somewhat devastated about it. But the kid (now 21-22) was pretty unstable growing up before he started the process. Since starting it all he's lived as a woman, got his life on track in terms of doing well at work and in society. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a choice or a fashion statement deal with going into this. And I'm sure that having professionals to help teach them that they're not freaks for wanting to match their mind to their body is incredibly helpful.

The fact that only 0.5% of the kids that have started the process have opted out throughout the entire time this service has been in operation shows that it's not some sort of phase. I'm of the opinion that someone thats changed sex and is happy is better than someone that's committed suicide because they feel like they're an abomination in the wrong body.
Completely agree Alan79. It must be very difficult dealing with this. It's a humanitarian service in my opinion and if the person's parents are giving their permission, if they are under 18, when it's their right to choose treatment if they feel that's the only way.

Just as those families must bear all the burden of coping with such an emotionally and physically challenging situation, they must bear the right to decide their choice and future.

All the best to them and they deserve our understanding.

I thought the show was understanding of all views and detailed the difficulties involved and that it was worth posting on here so others can make their own personal judgements with insight into what these children go through.

So there is no conjecture tho, I do not think girls who were once boys and have structurally very different biology and muscle mass, should be allowed to compete against biological females in individual athletics competition etc bc it is a competitive advantage not available to female athletes.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't some Polynesian cultures bring up young boys as girls if they show feminine characteristics?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely agree Alan79. It must be very difficult dealing with this. It's a humanitarian service in my opinion and if the person's parents are giving their permission, if they are under 18, when it's their right to choose treatment if they feel that's the only way.

Just as those families must bear all the burden of coping with such an emotionally and physically challenging situation, they must bear the right to decide their choice and future.

All the best to them and they deserve our understanding.

I thought the show was understanding of all views and detailed the difficulties involved and that it was worth posting on here so others can make their own personal judgements with insight into what these children go through.

So there is no conjecture tho, I do not think girls who were once boys and have structurally very different biology and muscle mass, should be allowed to compete against biological females in individual athletics competition etc bc it is a competitive advantage not available to female athletes.
I agree on the athletics aspect too. I doubt that would be a reason that people would undergo a sex change solely for that. But it would be a pretty big advantage and not really fair on that basis.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Spoken like a true christian and a vile human being.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I attack them or did I say that it's not right? I don't think many people will argue with that.

Secondly, (in case you didn't know), as Christians, we believe that should take pride in being the person that God made you rather than try to alter that - that's a well known fact.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry, did I attack them or did I say that it's not right? I don't think many people will argue with that.

Secondly, (in case you didn't know), as Christians, we believe that should take pride in being the person that God made you rather than try to alter that - that's a well known fact.
I was brought up as a christian and remained a christian ,until i was able to think for myself !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree on the athletics aspect too. I doubt that would be a reason that people would undergo a sex change solely for that. But it would be a pretty big advantage and not really fair on that basis.
I don't think male athletes would undergo a sex change just to win titles eirher but it is a huge advantage ....and personally I can't see any advantage for sports governing bodies to allow it...or any real satisfaction for the trans athlete even wanting to beat girls bc they obviously know it's not equal.

I guess the fairest way is to have a 3rd category for trans athletes to compete in.

I've read several articles now about how disheartening, and financially disadvantageous it is for female athletes in USA..

A lot of female National Championship times and records have been decimated by transgender males competing against females.

They need to look at that otherwise girls wont strive to compete against the odds like that.

No easy answers.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you did attack them as you said "they" are not right, as in the individuals going through or supporting someone going through what would be a confusing and traumatic time.

Is that why your paedophile enabling god won't alter his own priests desires to ram their dicks into children, because they take pride in what he made them?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gentlemen can we settle down and stop the histrionics.

It's a serious topic and deserves sensible discussion, not personal crap.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anyone thinks that there's anything normal or right about this, then they are not normal or right.

That's all I'm going to say about this.
I agree that it's unusual. And I don't know if you actually watched the video or just took this stance without delving into it at all. But seeing one of the young individuals involved in this and their parents who are both ministers was very encouraging to me. Among the tenets of most religions is that we flawed humans aren't meant to be judging others. If those parents are able to overcome their aversion to this then I think that it's a positive sign that we live in a progressive world.

It isn't really going to cause you any harm that a handful of people in the world feel like they're born in the wrong body and want to take measures so they feel right about themselves. I'm certain that this program doesn't just let kids walk in off the street and start treatment. There would be psychiatric screening well before any of them were able to undergo any form of treatment. Unless you've done the study to know how these people are feeling about themselves, you are taking your stance from a very limited set of life experiences. I really hope that if you have kids they're not born with any traits that you don't agree with because I have a feeling they'd have a very hard time even approaching you about things.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1621918678447.png

Forgive me, I had to start with a gag.
There are only two sexes, not counting the odd genetic hick-up, however, there can be many "genders" (I identify as a suspension bridge, and don't cross me on this!)
Human sexuality is incredibly complex and can even change during a person's lifetime and what we start out "identifying" with may alter over the years as does sexual desire and even preference.
A young person who is wrestling with their identity must be supported and advised by a mature voice with knowledge and tolerance and not be confused by what is "fashionable" by the more extreme elements of the LBGT community or judged or made to feel guilty or that they have some kind of sickness by the ignorant elements of society.
Tolerance, nonjudgmental support, and patience are all important.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yes you did attack them as you said "they" are not right, as in the individuals going through or supporting someone going through what would be a confusing and traumatic time.

Is that why your paedophile enabling god won't alter his own priests desires to ram their dicks into children, because they take pride in what he made them?
"They" as in the group of people getting involved in this, it's a pro-noun - how else would you suggest of refer to them as?

And as mentioned 17,000 times on here, Pedophile Priests are not Priests at all, they are Pedophile's and criminal who will be met by Satan in Hell. They should be punished, I'm not arguing with anyone about that.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I was brought up as a christian and remained a christian ,until i was able to think for myself !
To me it doesn't sound like you thought for yourself at all, it sounds like the left-winged media did the thinking for you and made the Church out to be bad.

Who am I kidding, of course that's what happened.