Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So Christian will make determinations about alleged sexual activities and perpetrators as Attorney General whilst being accused himself? Thats just weird.

Christian Porter's internal investigation into Dyson Heydon reveals more complaints

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol at abc miss Milligan running rape allegations. It’s hilarious trying to create a storm. It’s quite clear it’s a campaign. Didn’t the alleged victims parents denounce the allegation due to her mental health. They said she could have embellished the story. Wow what a joke. Whatever happened to due justice, oh but there’s an anonymous letter. Is this stuff for real?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now they ask for an independent inquiry lol. Yet the police have closed the case. Oh dear, I’ve heard he should leave parliament because of an allegation, really....

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess abc journalists are now the judicial process. Yet they were extremely happy to back the police stance on Shortlands case. Can we please move on from here the police have finalised there investigation, is the remarks made on his case. Yet there identical cases..Oh this allegation is more severe hahahaha.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn’t the alleged victims parents denounce the allegation due to her mental health. They said she could have embellished the story. Wow what a joke. Whatever happened to due justice, oh but there’s an anonymous letter. Is this stuff for real?
Don’t you know mate the friends she hadn't seen for 30 years and who only just found out about the allegation know better than her parents apparently

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t you know mate the friends she hadn't seen for 30 years and who only just found out about the allegation know better than her parents apparently
The whole things laughable, it’s beyond words. I honestly feel sorry for people saying she’s the victim. Based on what? So I can accuse someone of rape tomorrow, then suddenly everyone feels sorry for me. I’ll make sure I accuse someone who was popular with the opposite sex, even better. Someone from 30 years ago will back me up. Maybe there was a leg grab back in the day.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The whole things laughable, it’s beyond words. I honestly feel sorry for people saying she’s the victim. Based on what? So I can accuse someone of rape tomorrow, then suddenly everyone feels sorry for me. I’ll make sure I accuse someone who was popular with the opposite sex, even better. Someone from 30 years ago will back me up. Maybe there was a leg grab back in the day.
I do feel sorry for her because she was so mentally ill she took her own life. No one deserves that and if she was raped she deserves justice but just the way it’s all been reported with so many holes & false information I just find it hard to believe it. It’s now just a witch-hunt and you’re right about allegations, particularly when the #metoo stuff is involved

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its obvious that this case cannot proceed. Its just muck raking by the ALP.
Why hasn't the other case been given more prominence as the victim is still pursuing justice.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its obvious that this case cannot proceed. Its just muck raking by the ALP.
Why hasn't the other case been given more prominence as the victim is still pursuing justice.
Be fair. You give them too much credit for being an effective Opposition. Labor have been virtually silent on this...or at least totally ineffective in making any impact when Albo gets up there and whrings his hands.

Imagine the other way around. A Labor Attorney General accused of rape with the background of published sexist comments in their Uni newspaper, a now Barrister student saying he chose very sexually explicit and inappropriate detailed photos in class which were reported apparently etc.

The Liberal Opposition would have very effectively eaten him up and shat him out by now.

It is all the media going after him.

Labor are useless and can take no kudos whatsoever for his plight atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.