Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s just the truth though. You are watering down the parents opinion and backing the version she supplied to her friends (but not the police). Why? Because that suits your agenda. Fortunately regardless of your opinion he hasn’t been found guilty and won’t be

What about her statement that they attended the Hard Rock Cafe? (Even thought it didn’t open until the next year)
Just on the Hard Rock Cafe issue.

It was mentioned by Bolt and Chris Smith as not being opened in 1988,... so...gotcha lying rapist accuser nutter.

That has now been further investigated and Smith and Bolt being bagged all over Twitter for not doing good research. Twitterati have even got City of Sydney building/development records and photos. (see below)

The bar was called the Oz Rock Cafe, an independent rip off of the original Hard Rock franchise but commonly referred to by locals as the Hard Rock on Darlinghurst Road Kings Cross. It was more a bar and dance venue than an eatery as HRC are.

The official HRC was opened by Richard Wilkins with a live broadcast in 1989.

This is a part of the bio of the guy named Phil Harte who opened the joint.

"After a few years travelling internationally he returned home, changed direction and pursued his passion for squash by purchasing the Liverpool Squash Centre in 1985. Next, he burst into the health and fitness scene by managing Centre 67 in the heart of downtown Sydney. This lead to Phil’s biggest challenge in establishing the iconic Oz Rock Cafe in Kings Cross between 1986 to 1994 where he embarked on a journey to raise the bar on the Entertainment scene by enlisting powerhouse international acts including The Eagles, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, Whitney Houston, David Bowie, George Michael and Madonna…just to name a few. The Oz Rock Cafe was the first themed cafe in Australia and recognised as the number one entertainment venue in the country over a decade."
742619-max.jpeg

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Be fair. You give them too much credit for being an effective Opposition. Labor have been virtually silent on this...or at least totally ineffective in making any impact when Albo gets up there and whrings his hands.

Imagine the other way around. A Labor Attorney General accused of rape with the background of published sexist comments in their Uni newspaper, a now Barrister student saying he chose very sexually explicit and inappropriate detailed photos in class which were reported apparently etc.

The Liberal Opposition would have very effectively eaten him up and shat him out by now.

It is all the media going after him.

Labor are useless and can take no kudos whatsoever for his plight atm.
I havnt mentioned their effectiveness. I am quoting the law. The case cannot proceed as the "complainant" withdrew the complaint, and she is dead and the case should just be closed. What grounds do they have to continue?
Those calling for an inquiry are just stupid. There is not a scintilla of evidence

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I havnt mentioned their effectiveness. I am quoting the law. The case cannot proceed as the "complainant" withdrew the complaint, and she is dead and the case should just be closed. What grounds do they have to continue?
Those calling for an inquiry are just stupid. There is not a scintilla of evidence
I know thats your view.

I was only addressing your statement that it was Labor going after him.

It's not. They are totally ineffective.

It's the independent media going after him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know thats your view.

I was only addressing your statement that it was Labor going after him.

It's not. They are totally ineffective.

It's the independent media going after him.
I think the ALP are losing ground at a great rate. They have little going for them.
So what better way of making some ground than to create uncertainty in your opposition.
This is what they are doing. This is about all they have. When it backfires on them, the LP will proceed to bring up
the allegations against the "other bloke" I also agree with your comment on the media. They are disgraceful.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Geoffrey Watson SC is a former counsel assisting ICAC and Police Integrity Commissioner, Adjunct Professor of Law at University of Notre Dame, and a director at the Centre for Public Integrity.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the ALP are losing ground at a great rate. They have little going for them.
So what better way of making some ground than to create uncertainty in your opposition.
This is what they are doing. This is about all they have. When it backfires on them, the LP will proceed to bring up
the allegations against the "other bloke" I also agree with your comment on the media. They are disgraceful.
That’s all Labor do these days and why I stopped voting for them. All they do is bitch and moan. They make out they are perfect but need a strong leader, just not an arrogant **** like Wong or Plibersek

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
That’s all Labor do these days and why I stopped voting for them. All they do is bitch and moan. They make out they are perfect but need a strong leader, just not an arrogant **** like Wong or Plibersek
I've never voted never seen the point nearly 22 years now

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched Insiders. Peter Van Onselen (whose opinion I rate) declared his long standing friendship with Christian Porter and has read the ‘dossier’. He says an enquiry should proceed to show there’s little substance to the allegations. I wonder how the pitch fork wielders and axe grinders respond to that considering most of them assume/are looking for guilt.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Pity they deleted my ponies thread would of gave you boys 6 winners yesterday

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
At Randwick? There was some massive prices yesterday

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Ah nice it's just so scattered hard to find threads so I'm making my own

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ah nice it's just so scattered hard to find threads so I'm making my own
It’d be better to follow the site structure mate. Have a look around - ‘Other Sports’ is under ‘The Lounge’. Posts about racing/betting in the AusPol thread just don’t make sense. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.