Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've honestly got no hope in him. Plybersek and Wong are my personal front runners for leadership but I highly doubt Australia is ready for them.

Tanya's husband will get torn to shreds by Murdoch media.

Penny, a lesbian Asian??? Not happening (yes I know she's in the senate but that can easily be changed if they were looking to make that move)
I think if Tanya was in their sights she would've been kept as Deputy after the last election.
Somewhat telling that she wasn't?
Though that strategy may have been to move on from Shorten and with high hopes for Albo and that hasn't worked out too well - he's becoming another Beazley.
Penny apart from what you pointed out is a ball tearer - could get results but with a shoot first ask questions later approach - just how popular that is with the electorate could be a big risk.

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if Tanya was in their sights she would've been kept as Deputy after the last election. Somewhat telling that she wasn't?
Though that strategy may have also been with high hopes for Albo and that hasn't worked out too well - he's becoming another Beazley.
Penny apart from what you pointed out is a ball tearer - could get results but with a shoot first ask questions later approach - just how popular that is with the electorate could be a big risk.
I don’t know why Joel Fitzgibbon never gets a mention.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know why Joel Fitzgibbon never gets a mention.
Factional reasons?
Actually I think that’s why Tanya got the boot.
Albo is left, so is Tanya, so Chalmers got the Deputy gig for the right.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s obviously going to be a campaign unions vs the business chamber. I haven’t read into much yet either. All I get as being part of a union is constant messaging telling me how bad it is and what I should do lol!! Rather read in time and form own opinion
Unfortunately the whole reason we have awards and industrial relations legislations is because there are fucktard employees who can't be trusted to do the right thing and fucktard employers who can't be trusted to do the right thing, eg getting rid of shit employees is difficult now because in the past fucktard employers unfairly dismissed people.

And I, personally, believe there should be more weighting for the employee (in workplace legislation) as major companies hold significant power and weight but the unions do push things too far

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Qlders not happy.

Seems pointless to build a facility now as vaccines are rolled out, and by late this year we should all be vaccinated. She’s something else this one, expecting Nsw to cover the bill, not to mention the risk for there residents

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if Tanya was in their sights she would've been kept as Deputy after the last election.
Somewhat telling that she wasn't?
Though that strategy may have been to move on from Shorten and with high hopes for Albo and that hasn't worked out too well - he's becoming another Beazley.
Tanya rejected calls for her to be leader. I don't think she wants to go through the dismantling of her husbands past in the media. I think she'd be fine as deputy without being touched by the media. And I think her demotion more had to do with her work to shorten

Penny's shoot first ask questions later, well she's usually right and well calculated.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the whole reason we have awards and industrial relations legislations is because there are fucktard employees who can't be trusted to do the right thing and fucktard employers who can't be trusted to do the right thing, eg getting rid of shit employees is difficult now because in the past fucktard employers unfairly dismissed people.

And I, personally, believe there should be more weighting for the employee (in workplace legislation) as major companies hold significant power and weight.
But if your a hard working good employee why would you get the arse. I’ve seen so much deadwood in companies over the years who I’d never employ if it were my business. Yet there stuck with them, primarily government employees. Yet I’ve always noticed the intelligent hard working employees succeed in there roles

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But if your a hard working good employee why would you get the arse. I’ve seen so much deadwood in companies over the years who I’d never employ if it were my business. Yet there stuck with them, primarily government employees. Yet I’ve always noticed the intelligent hard working employees succeed in there roles
There are many different types of employees and many different types of bosses.

An employee disagreeing with their boss has resulted in sackings, even though the employee was right

Bosses stealing their workers work and presenting it as their own. When this gets raised, sack

Trying to sexually harass employees. Reject? Sack

A new manager comes in and just doesn't like a worker for whatever reason.

There are heaps of different reasons and they've all happened and are part of unfair dismissal cases.

People come in many different shapes and sizes and some are just fucktards who don't make it easy to work with. And these people can either be employees or employers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems pointless to build a facility now as vaccines are rolled out, and by late this year we should all be vaccinated. She’s something else this one, expecting Nsw to cover the bill, not to mention the risk for there residents
Want the Feds to pay.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are many different types of employees and many different types of bosses.

An employee disagreeing with their boss has resulted in sackings, even though the employee was right

Bosses stealing their workers work and presenting it as their own. When this gets raised, sack

Trying to sexually harass employees. Reject? Sack

A new manager comes in and just doesn't like a worker for whatever reason.

There are heaps of different reasons and they've all happened and are part of unfair dismissal cases.

People come in many different shapes and sizes and some are just fucktards who don't make it easy to work with. And these people can either be employees or employers
Mate, you are hard core..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the Shovel - Search For Anthony Albanese Continues | The Shovel

1614209050160.png

The excitement following NASA’s landing on Mars yesterday was replaced by frustration today, after it became apparent that Anthony Albanese was not, in fact, there as had been hoped.

There had been high hopes that the Australian Opposition Leader – who hasn’t been seen in almost two years – would be found on what is considered to be the last unexplored area of the galaxy currently accessible to humans.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Govt deflection onto Ms Higgins' partner has worked. He has resigned.

Been revealed the "alleged" perp, in 4 cases so far, is an allegedly up and coming young Lib and part of their Pentecostal flock they are moving into key positions.

I warned of their take over of the Liberal Party a few weeks ago.

It seems to be diverted to right wing christian from the centre right wing capitalist of Menzies.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reporting a sexual assault to police against a victim/staff members will would be severely against HR and other rules surely. There is a lot of information missing with this incident

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s all very strange. I asked the other day if anyone knew HR rules into reporting your knowledge of sexual assault allegations but got crickets, even from the usual know-alls
Each year I have to do anti-discrimination training including sexual assault training and I honestly still have no idea.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Each year I have to do anti-discrimination training including sexual assault training and I honestly still have no idea.
Definitely. It seems like the alleged victims privacy takes precedence. Hopefully someone can answer us without googling a video from the ABC because I’m very curious to know. I know a fair bit about law but not HR stuff

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all very strange. I asked the other day if anyone knew HR rules into reporting your knowledge of sexual assault allegations but got crickets, even from the usual know-alls
My advice is don't do it. I discovered my manager had approved the funding to transfer a staffer interstate to head office to work under him (literally), pay her accommodation and all the allowances and was shacked up with her at her residence. When I reported it with evidence, all farking hell broke loose...for me. HR or Human Refuse as I like to call them were on his side all the way until an ANAO audit discovered it a year later and both were sacked.

I'm pretty sure my name is still mud within the Org.

Status
Not open for further replies.