Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes and I hope you site that in one of your posts, if the opportunity comes up, to prove your even handedness in politics :grinning:

They are all crooks as Roo says but some day we all have to stop playing the man and party and start to evaluate exactly whats being said....even if a flight attendant insulting douchebag is saying it....we need the issues pointed out to us or look out mini USA here we come.
We are always following Americas foot steps.

Miami as you point out.
ITs coming our way.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes and I hope you site that in one of your posts, if the opportunity comes up, to prove your even handedness in politics :grinning:

They are all crooks as Roo says but some day we all have to stop playing the man and party and start to evaluate exactly whats being said....even if a flight attendant insulting douchebag is saying it....we need the issues pointed out to us or look out mini USA here we come.
I’d never heard of the bloke until reading your post. On the rape, I’m not sure why it isn’t referred to as alleged rape. Obviously looks bad but it’s still alleged as far as I’m concerned. This definitely has the potential to destabilise schomo and his support. If it comes out that he did know despite telling everyone he only just learned of incident will not be good for him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My point was more on Rudd at the enquiry into Murdoch monopoly. Claiming that the outlet was bordering on misogyny in attacking Gillard. Yet everyone remembers the foul mouthed rants he used to go with about miss Gillard. He used to refer to her as that f***ing b****.. This is the same outlets that helped him in 07 win office and against Howard.
Yep. I think Rudd is right in what he's saying about the media, but he's only doing it because he was targeted. He's not doing it for any righteous balance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’d never heard of the bloke until reading your post. On the rape, I’m not sure why it isn’t referred to as alleged rape. Obviously looks bad but it’s still alleged as far as I’m concerned. This definitely has the potential to destabilise schomo and his support. If it comes out that he did know despite telling everyone he only just learned of incident will not be good for him.
Another woman has come forward about the same bloke apparently.

The whole thing is a botch up. Even if she didnt press charges, he guy should have been investigated.

Far, far, far worse than any of our footy players of late, yet it appears they have cleaned evidence and crime site, security protocols broken, security guards saw it, yet the guy happily coontinues on with his job till much later.

4 enquires and they are all being conducted by Lib Govt ministers or staff. One of whom Head of Pm's office at the time investigated Sports rorts. Interviewed 2 minions and found no case.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep. I think Rudd is right in what he's saying about the media, but he's only doing it because he was targeted. He's not doing it for any righteous balance.
But thats the case with 99% of cases. Why dismiss the accuracy of what he says.

The only way anything is revealed in Australia is a whistleblower or revenge. Everyone else is frightened of the system is either prosecuted or threatened or feels threatened.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But thats the case with 99% of cases. Why dismiss the accuracy of what he says.

The only way anything is revealed in Australia is a whistleblower or revenge. Everyone else is frightened of the system is either prosecuted or threatened or feels threatened.
Yep. That's definitely the other side of this. Rudd's motivations wouldn't matter except that they provide a point to attack. The reason his motivations have been attacked publicly by the media is because he's targeting the media.

It's basic misdirection. Rudd says, "Murdoch media is posting false information", Murdoch media says, "ignore that 'cause he yells at women"

It's a basic adhom strategy. Attack the man's character to take the power out of his argument.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another woman has come forward about the same bloke apparently.

The whole thing is a botch up. Even if she didnt press charges, he guy should have been investigated.

Far, far, far worse than any of our footy players of late, yet it appears they have cleaned evidence and crime site, security protocols broken, security guards saw it, yet the guy happily coontinues on with his job till much later.

4 enquires and they are all being conducted by Lib Govt ministers or staff. One of whom Head of Pm's office at the time investigated Sports rorts. Interviewed 2 minions and found no case.
It’s a complete botch up and to think this can happen in Parliament House is scary. Is she pressing charges or not? Or is she after a payout?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a complete botch up and to think this can happen in Parliament House is scary. Is she pressing charges or not? Or is she after a payout?
Good question.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep. That's definitely the other side of this. Rudd's motivations wouldn't matter except that they provide a point to attack. The reason his motivations have been attacked publicly by the media is because he's targeting the media.

It's basic misdirection. Rudd says, "Murdoch media is posting false information", Murdoch media says, "ignore that 'cause he yells at women"

It's a basic adhom strategy. Attack the man's character to take the power out of his argument.
Same with this FB thing.

All of Big Media got the Govt fighting for them to get something out of FB and that will further marginalise the independent media so Big Media are all bandwaggoning with campaign against FB.

If the Govt were trying to legislate trying to kerb FB power, I would congratulate them but its just further condenscing the media IMO to keep a friendly media onside.

The Govt use FB for free. Its a private business and withheld access, so the Govt are all outraged that the platform they use for free, stopped service.

What other business privides free access and your Govt are indignant and outraged that they stop you using it and access to Govt sites.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't know but what relevance has that to the alleged assault in a Minister's office?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't know but what relevance has that to the alleged assault in a Minister's office?
I’m just curious to what she’s after, considering this happened two years ago. I’ve never understood why things come out well after the event. Is she just after justice, or money?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess its the time frame.
Not that there is a time limit on commiting crimes .
Im just saying the longer it goes un reported. The more you start to question motives.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m just curious to what she’s after, considering this happened two years ago. I’ve never understood why things come out well after the event. Is she just after justice, or money?
Beat me to it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Same reason you probably haven't had your prostate checked lately :grinning: Things happen. It's all too hard. We worry. We leave it go until something happens to spur us into action.

You think the Govt might give her a payout?

So far all she has asked for is justice and and accountability by the perpetrator and employer and has now found out further evidence tampering and culperbility by leaders who should be much better and og which she was not aware at the time.

Eg apparently the security guards witnessed the event to a degree, saw her distressed and thought maybe they should arrange a taxi for her. The whole thing needs a fully independent investigation and it appears there are a lot of employees who work there who are in fear of speaking up or getting involved so as not to cause a problem for themselves.

If this girl was not so well spoken, and connected to Samantha Maiden and Lisa Wilkinson, it would have blown over like all the rest.

She let it go due to feeling intimidated by her employer due to an election coming up, she says, which seems plausible no matter which party involved. They think only of themselves after all.

And she has said it all got revived in her mind when more expose`s of Porter and Tudge affairs with young staffers came up on 4 Corners a few weeks ago.

A few girlfriends got together for drinks and they all had varying degrees of sexual assault and misconduct experiences working in Parliament House.

She said that spurred her to reconnect with her conscience and grievances.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The police confirmed that she did report it at the time but she dropped it because she thought it would hurt her career.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The police confirmed that she did report it at the time but she dropped it because she thought it would hurt her career.
She was told the election was going to be called in 2 weeks so hurry up and decide because we need a strategy to deal with this.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, the Liberal members confirmed that they were aware of it too. She reported it to them but didn't want to proceed with charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.