Australian Political Discussion Thread 3.0

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They need to find ways to pretend they're looking out for the poor and middle class, while at the same time keeping their puppet masters rich!
I would suggest this is aimed more at the poor. Once again though, if you have worked hard your whole life. Climbed through the ranks, acquired extra qualifications, u get told sorry, u earn enough. I’d love to see some of the lower income warriors who complain about the high end, spend a month in senior management position. There head would be spinning with amount of work required.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I would suggest this is aimed more at the poor. Once again though, if you have worked hard your whole life. Climbed through the ranks, acquired extra qualifications, u get told sorry, u earn enough. I’d love to see some of the lower income warriors who complain about the high end, spend a month in senior management position. There head would be spinning with amount of work required.
If you get paid off the books then you don't need to worry about tax!

I used to do security.
Security and law enforcement is so corrupt.
You can be a weekend warrior and collect unemployment benefits with the dodgy system set up by the security industry.

The government is well aware of this, but obviously there is a good system to keep the money flowing?
So nothing ever gets done about it!

How does that make some people feel?
You have dole bludgers earning the same or more than you and they don't pay tax on their earnings!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@Cook

It gets better.
I once did security with an Indian guy who was working off the books.
His day job was working for centrelink.

All the Arabs and Afghans said he was alright to earn the extra untaxed cash because he had a job.

It's only immoral if you claim untaxed cash as an unemployed!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@Cook

It gets better.
I once did security with an Indian guy who was working off the books.
His day job was working for centrelink.

All the Arabs and Afghans said he was alright to earn the extra untaxed cash because he had a job.

It's only immoral if you claim untaxed cash as an unemployed!
Incredible hey. That does make me feel annoyed as a tax payer. Often wondered why government doesn’t go harder at this sort of crime. Especially considering the level of importance placed on income tax

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Incredible hey. That does make me feel annoyed as a tax payer. Often wondered why government doesn’t go harder at this sort of crime. Especially considering the level of importance placed on income tax
Nothing will be done about it because Australia is a corrupt nation.

If they ever want to get rid of the union jack they can always replace it with this?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Putting more money into lower income earners makes no sense right now. Always when trying to get inflation up, give money to lower income as they are more likely to spend it all. So government seems to be stimulating economy when RBA is trying to contain it. Left hand not talking to right hand. This seems to be purely a numbers game, at trying to regain middle and lower Australia after botched voice campaign imo.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Putting more money into lower income earners makes no sense right now. Always when trying to get inflation up, give money to lower income as they are more likely to spend it all. So government seems to be stimulating economy when RBA is trying to contain it. Left hand not talking to right hand. This seems to be purely a numbers game, at trying to regain middle and lower Australia after botched voice campaign imo.
Nothing to do with the lower - middle class screaming about about cost of living pressures?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the lower - middle class screaming about about cost of living pressures?
People have been screaming for almost two years though. Could of done this 12 months ago, so I don’t buy that

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It does nothing to address bracket creep

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They say you should never mix politics and football, I mean religion :grinning:

For the record though Im tired of all the 'educated' people, especially in politics making stupid decisions. Look at what the 'educated senior' people at Woolies and Coles and many other companies do. All that hard work to be a dickhead. Dont get me started w the 'politically educated senior people' and what they do. Whats the saying 'the minority always spoil it for the majority' Imagine their lengthy puffed up resumes and then dog shit, no strawberry jam. To me theres a difference between 'educated' and having 'knowledge'.

This particular income issue is one of many. I rekon soon there'll be an avalanche of issues, if there isnt already. Why cant they just make sure theres solid baseline of good healthy food, good schools and hospitals for every one. Is it that hard?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Everything to do with it. And the idea of bringing it forward, the timing of the cuts was put together by the previous Morrison government and is legislated. So that would require new legislation and we all know what that would mean, the Libs screaming this is some weird ass Labor plot etc etc.

Its called the Sky principle. If you don't so something about it, then you're a bad pollie. If you do something about it without finding the money somewhere (i.e increase our debt), you're a bad pollie. If you do something about it and take the money from a tax cut for wealthier people who are much better positioned to deal with it, you're a bad pollie. It all gets the same number of clicks for Sky.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm in the top tax bracket and I fully support this change. Possibly doesn't go far enough.

I think where I might differ from some others in that I haven't forgotten where I came from.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Albanese government does another backflip!
How many times a week do these flops backflip?
It’s a massive lie. Whilst I doubt will hurt him as he’s numbers are quite high, it’s more the constant lie, even up until last week that nothing will change. He should have owned it a lot sooner. Chalmers will be in a spin trying to talk this one out
I really don't think anyone cares apart from high earners who don't need the relief and would never vote Labor anyway, rusted on conservatives and the shrieking Karens of Sky news and breakfast TV.

Good to know the Libs always deliver on their core election promises, though. That national anti-corruption commission ScoMo promised in 2019 went gangbusters. Oh, wait. It never happened.

A promise broken to protect entrenched corruption, or a promise broken to offer more relief to those who need it most. I know which broken promise I think is worse.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm in the top tax bracket and I fully support this change. Possibly doesn't go far enough.

I think where I might differ from some others in that I haven't forgotten where I came from.
Don't be concerned by the rocks that he got, he's still, he's still Croydog from the block. He used to have a little now he's got a lot, no matter where he goes he knows where he came from.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Agreed. I think it's actually pretty good navigation of the opposing tensions while maintaining economic responsibility - though I'm lucky in the fact we're not struggling like a lot of others.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't be concerned by the rocks that he got, he's still, he's still Croydog from the block. He used to have a little now he's got a lot, no matter where he goes he knows where he came from.
Damn straight. Woooah, I'm a working class accountant.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate explained to me which I forgot also, Albo stopped the tax offset last year. Which was a $1500 payment for middle income blah blah blah. So he only giving what he took haha.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate explained to me which I forgot also, Albo stopped the tax offset last year. Which was a $1500 payment for middle income blah blah blah. So he only giving what he took haha.
Need to call this place Flopstralia.
Whenever someone from overseas asks if I was born here?
I reply with "yes, unfortunately."

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need to call this place Flopstralia.
Whenever someone from overseas asks if I was born here?
I reply with "yes, unfortunately."
It’ll be ok when we get our $275 power bill reduction. Must be coming soon!!! Still happy to call Australia home. We just taxed to high that’s all, and pay too much for electrics!!!!!