Australia or new zealand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not up with the rules... does this mean if he plays for Kiwis he can decide to be a QLDer again next year for Origin?
No. He'd have to wait 2 years (I think it's that long) to be able to switch nationalities. I'm sure you know that in order to play Origin, you have to be eligible to play for Australia.

Similar situation with Uate who had to wait for his eligibility.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be great to see Tongan and Samoan players play for there country , it would make international rugby league a bit more of a world game for example Jennings to play for tonga , Pritchard for Samoa , the Samoans would actually have quite a strong side if the money was there for them to play

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
No. He'd have to wait 2 years (I think it's that long) to be able to switch nationalities. I'm sure you know that in order to play Origin, you have to be eligible to play for Australia.

Similar situation with Uate who had to wait for his eligibility.
Yeah wasn't sure if they changed the 2 year rule because I think Hayne didn't have to wait that long after playing for Fiji in the world cup?

I guess it depends who you are.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah wasn't sure if they changed the 2 year rule because I think Hayne didn't have to wait that long after playing for Fiji in the world cup?

I guess it depends who you are.
I'm pretty sure there is a rule regarding this sort of thing in a World Cup year. Something about being able to change for World Cups.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a rule regarding this sort of thing in a World Cup year. Something about being able to change for World Cups.
Yeah actually that rings a bell. Maybe Kasiano can take advantage of that rule next year (world cup year) even though he doesn't stand a chance of being picked for Aus. Play for Kiwi's this year, try for Origin again next year.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should play for NZ at least until after next year's World Cup. We could have a potentially awesome team depending on who decides to play for us/who is fit. SBW will be back next year too.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
He should play for NZ at least until after next year's World Cup. We could have a potentially awesome team depending on who decides to play for us/who is fit. SBW will be back next year too.
I agree.

If New Zealand actually got to field its best players the side would be very strong.

P

Paint.

Kearney said in a press conference he's going to have talks with some players re their eligibility, with Kas being top of the list. Said he's got a meeting with him next week, and that Sam said that his parents would prefer for him to play for NZ.
Also Josh Papalii is on his radar.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Kearney said in a press conference he's going to have talks with some players re their eligibility, with Kas being top of the list. Said he's got a meeting with him next week, and that Sam said that his parents would prefer for him to play for NZ.
Also Josh Papalii is on his radar.
Nooo not Papali'i too haha

Both Kasiano and Papali'i are Samoans. Would love for them to play for Samoa in the World Cup. I realise Kasiano won't but Papali'i...

P

Paint.

1. Hoffman
2. Nightingale
3. SKD
4. Matai
5. Perrett/Manu
6. Marshall (c)
7. Johnson/Foran
8. Matulino
9. Luke
10. Kasiano
11. Mannering
12. J Smith
13. SBW

14. Foran/Johnson
15. Pritchard
16. Bromwich
17. Glenn

18. JWH
19. Taumalolo
20. Blair
21. McKendry
22. Inu
23. Manu/Perrett
24. E Taylor
25. Leuluai/Fien

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Locke
Johnson
Marshall
Kasiano
SBW
Blair
Luke
Smith
Inu
Nightingale
Perrett
Vatuvei
Matai
Mannering
Matulino
Packer
Rapira
Eastwood

Quite a lot of talent there just off the top of my head.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Was Eastwood shunned from selection earlier in the year?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Didnt get picked. He wasnt in very good form back then..
Speaking of form, Blair hasn't been amazing for the Tigers this year.

But he could be a case of crap for his club but great in the rep arena.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Speaking of form, Blair hasn't been amazing for the Tigers this year.

But he could be a case of crap for his club but great in the rep arena.
He will be there to lead the Haka, he does a good job of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.