aussie open thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soulja said:
Well where was all the turkish support for Baghdadis?? i sure didn't see any.
he's greek cypriot, not turkish cypriot.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
i know.

but that doesnt mean turk cypriots cant get behind him.
i spose they just chose not to.

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soulja said:
Well where was all the turkish support for Baghdadis?? i sure didn't see any.
and dont get so touchy over it man... relax and f.kn breathe a bit...

this isn't a greek-bashing thread, as much as you're on the look-out for anyone who wants to bash greeks thru the forums... thats not our agenda...

so have a coffee and a cigarette, take a deep breath and count to 10... noone's got the knives out for greeks, got it??
I was just explaining to you why there was greek and cypriot flags there. I am very relaxed and wasnt having a go at you, if you read it the wrong way then it aint my fault. So how about you have a cigaretta and a coffee.

And to explain y the Turks werent supporting him, if you know anything about Greek - Cypriot History then it would explain it all. The Greek - Cypriots arent to fond of the Turks as the INVADED the country and literally took people homes and a 1/3 of the country.
Badghatis is a Greek - Cypriot and Cyprus the country is vurtually divided into 2 seperate counties with a United Nations controlled buffer zone. They live as 2 seperate countries and fly 2 seperate flags.

If there is anything else you would like to know then i would be more than happy to answer any question. Hope this clears things up.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
The Bandit said:
I was just explaining to you why there was greek and cypriot flags there. I am very relaxed and wasnt having a go at you, if you read it the wrong way then it aint my fault. So how about you have a cigaretta and a coffee.

And to explain y the Turks werent supporting him, if you know anything about Greek - Cypriot History then it would explain it all. The Greek - Cypriots arent to fond of the Turks as the INVADED the country and literally took people homes and a 1/3 of the country.
Badghatis is a Greek - Cypriot and Cyprus the country is vurtually divided into 2 seperate counties with a United Nations controlled buffer zone. They live as 2 seperate countries and fly 2 seperate flags.

If there is anything else you would like to know then i would be more than happy to answer any question. Hope this clears things up.
could you please tell me why Cypriots when asked call themselves Cypriot and not Greek Cypriot like Marcos did at the Australian Open??? ;)

D

D0ggyStylz

When asked what nationality I am, first and foremost I say that I am Australian.

When asked about my background I say that I am Cypriot. They may ask if I am Greek Cypriot, I would answer by saying NO, I am Cypriot. they might ask then if I am Turkish Cypriot, I will then answer, NO, I am Cypriot. I prefer to leave the greek part out. If they ask what languange I speak I tell them English and a little bit of Greek.

The above conversation happens quite often with most new people I meet.

I am proud of the Hellenic heritage that we have, but Cyprus is it's own country and I prefer to refer to it as such.

I know alot of Cypriots who refer to themselves as Greek. That is their choice, Personally IMO I think of them as morons. I don't mean to offend anyone, but that is just my opinion.

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DogSquad said:
could you please tell me why Cypriots when asked call themselves Cypriot and not Greek Cypriot like Marcos did at the Australian Open??? ;)
Dont get smart you :stroke: .....

I tell non Greeks that im Greek cause couldnt be bothered goin through the Greek Cypriot part but i tell Greeks that im Cypriot straight out.

After all this Marcos hype alot more people now know about Cyprus.

Status
Not open for further replies.