Asotasi and Tonga's injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Dogg

|xx| Mzlebsta |xx|
Reaction score
jst heard on the news,.. worst iz asotasi cud b 2-4 weeks.. or.. the rest ov d season, tonga shud b aiight 4 finalz.. same wit nate

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah asotasi DEFINATELY won't play next week.

Nate and Tonga are slight hopes

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
o really?
hope they are true ^^^
but folksey should rest them anyway.. no use rushing them back next week
rushing them back and smashing the eagles - bug deal - save that for finals time

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yep, out of the dogs sheds after the game. Scans for Tonga and Asotasi tomorrow. Tonga maybe out for 2 weeks (hopefully) Asotasi 2 to 4 weeks, unless scans reveal more damage. Asotasi is tough as nails. It wouldnt surprise me to see him run out for semi final 1

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Matt Johns said Tonga probably right for finals. Best case Asotasi 2-4 weeks. My bet is they'll both be right.

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
****ttttttttttttttttttttttt mannnnnnnnnnn frekennnnnn hellllllllllllllllll
is 2005 coming back to haunt us ?? :s

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roy is tough guys..cross our fingers that he only misses 2-3 weeks. It would be great for him to come back week 3 of the finals..same goes for tonga but i don't think we will be seeing tonga for the rest of this year unfortunately. I say:

Reni -> Centre (shame though, because reni is better at lock)
Grimaldi -> Lock
Corey -> Hooker

and bring Perry back onto the bench. Probably replace Asotasi with Morrin in the meantime, just shift Armit to starting forward or mason to prop and SBW on the bench. I actually would prefer SBW stay on the bench for his impact however.

SoNnY_dAyS

Kennel Established
Reaction score
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Very, very sad atm. This will not be a good way for Asotasi to leave the Bulldogs if the damage is serious. Tonga didn't seem to bad, but you never know. Hoping for the Best.

F

fatal1

:( shame this had to happen tho...it is a disruption for the finals..

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good kick up the bum we probably needed. Only concern is the extent of the injuries. Hopefully the boys are up most of the night icing the knees to reduce the swelling.

BlueOwl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Didnt Roy recently say Webke was his mentor? Lets hope he has the same healing powers & drive as that guy does cause I dont think I've seen anyone heal as fast as Shane. I suspect Folkes was going to rest selected key forwards over the next few weeks anyway, starting with SBW last night. All this does is reshuffle the pack in doing that. Even if Mason gets a week or 2 (which i doubt), it dosnt really matter - the judiciary will just beat Folks to it.

The whole game last night should be a seen blessing in disguse. It provides a buffer for improvement, removes complacency, overconfidence, & favoritism. It does this at the cost of an expendable game, with the only real downers being if those injuries extend to finals time. If the dogs start thinking negative, thats when the title becomes unreachable. The premiership dosnt get handed out to those who dont believe in themselves. If Roy & Tonga make it back for the finals, they will be thirsting for blood

aVerage

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think tonga will be out for the rest of the season because apparently its a ruptured medial while roy only has a torn medial (source: foxsports.com.au)

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tonga being out really is a blow, he sparks our attack down his side of the field and we will struggle to replace him, he always gets on the outside of his man and gets us moving foward

Cordz316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
im hearing that asotasi will be back in a couple of weeks, depending on scans tho tonga is gone...his knee snapped last night... very sad indeed

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ffs tonga's knee snaps right after how he had been saying he was back to full health and had no pain...

too much ****ing media making our boys too cocky... I have been having a bad feeling about how theres like a bulldogs article in every paper every day... I dont ****ing like it one bit and i hope folkesy puts a stopto it

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Folkesys comments at the post game conference:
"Tongas knee is blown, Roy's is all but blown"
Doesnt sound good at all.

N00b

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok without both of them were gone, but if we lose 1st final were still in but wel see what happens, doesnt look good at all atm.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Folkesy was confident we can cover them both easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.