News Asiata gone ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good to see Thompsons salary reported accurately.
depends on who reports it really. If he's on 725k he's good value still imo.

I'm not too fussed with losing Asiata. I don't rate him as highly as others. I'd personally rather Topine or Patolo take his position anyways.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing what Asiata might be able to bring to the new look team.

On the other hand, more than half the worlds population have been vaccinated. It isn't exactly a massive leap of faith doing the same. If someone can't get together a bit of belief to go ahead and make that step, you have to wonder whether they could get together enough belief to be a positive part of a footy team trying to make a statement after getting the wooden spoon.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was going to play for the wrong reason, good ridence piss off thanks for coming, gives another player an opportunity that he will feel grateful for.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have used that money for ash taylor or a nathaniel roache

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean early retirement for these players ?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A man of good character ?

Please. That’s rubbish . Forfeits a high paying job and has no other viable employment options on the table.

A man of good character puts family first
I don't know what his convictions are regarding his family / vaccination but at least he's got enough dignity to tell the club straight up and not stuff them around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't even belive that.
You should, he's the most marketable indigenous sportsman in Australia so the $$$ were always coming his way with his move to Sydney.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
EXTRACT

NRL anti-vaxxers: 15 players put their 2022 season at risk

Some football clubs, who survive from the financial coffers of their leagues club or affiliated clubs, like the Panthers, Sharks and Bulldogs, are preparing to mandate vaccination on their own accord.

The boards of each club believe it would be negligible to ask patrons to show a vaccination passport to enter their leagues club, yet their star footballers without a vaccination are free to train and play, in some cases, directly across the road.

In simple terms, it’s a case of, get the jab or get the sack, for those three clubs.

Such is the case, Canterbury recruit John Asiata has already told Bulldogs officials to plan without him in 2022.

The Dogs, given their delicate salary cap juggle, haven’t needed to be told twice by Asiata to wait – already shifting the forward’s $180,000 contract on their spreadsheet into another column for another player.

Alternatively, it gives reason why English prop-forward Luke Thompson, widely-known as an anti-vaxxer, is understood to have received his first jab – de-risking his $725,000 contract.
15 Players put their season at risk yet they only reported about Asiata and Thompson.
Who are the 14 ?
Aren't they worthy of the news ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
15 Players put their season at risk yet they only reported about Asiata and Thompson.
Who are the 14 others ?
Aren't they worthy of the news ?
Addin Fonua-Blake
Jason Taumololo
Josh Papali
Dylan Walker
Brian Kelly
Nelson Asofa Solomnoa

Are the other higher-profile players. I'm still unsure IF (Joseph Tapine) has or hasn't taken it as he was also saying he didn't want to.

Last edited: