Opinion Ash Taylor or Mitchell Pearce

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tbf, I wouldn't be prepared to write off Ash Taylor's career just yet, after all that potential he showed.

Obviously needs a complete overhaul. New club would be good for him.

You would want him cheap though.
i agree but he is a 6 not a 7, cant handle the pressure at 7

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbf, I wouldn't be prepared to write off Ash Taylor's career just yet, after all that potential he showed.

Obviously needs a complete overhaul. New club would be good for him.

You would want him cheap though.
We are not that club, probably.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently wherever Pearce signs there is a ban on owning dogs within 30km of his house for their protection
so would the club have to get rid of the mascot and change names if he signed ?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate taylor only plays rugby league for a cheque just like Simms. They don't give a fuck if they win or lose at club level. Pearce may be 32 and he may be a fuckwit off the paddock but the bloke at least puts in at club level. Personally I don't think either will come to the club more because I think Gould will sit back & see who performs week in week out in next year's 30 man roster in 2022 and continue to build promising juniors. It will then become clearer what we truely need for 23. I think next year will be Dufty FB, averillo & burton halves & Cook/JMK hooker. that means 2022 is a 9 to 12 finish but our roster will start looking way more refined in 2023 & hopefully we actually get some exciting juniors start filtering into 1st grade as a bonus.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate taylor only plays rugby league for a cheque just like Simms. They don't give a fuck if they win or lose at club level. Pearce may be 32 and he may be a fuckwit off the paddock but the bloke at least puts in at club level. Personally I don't think either will come to the club more because I think Gould will sit back & see who performs week in week out in next year's 30 man roster in 2022 and continue to build promising juniors. It will then become clearer what we truely need for 23. I think next year will be Dufty FB, averillo & burton halves & Cook/JMK hooker. that means 2022 is a 9 to 12 finish but our roster will start looking way more refined in 2023 & hopefully we actually get some exciting juniors start filtering into 1st grade as a bonus.
So basically GF in 2024? The prophecy is true.
1974 lost, 84 won, 94 lost, 2004 won, 2014 lost, 2024 ???

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says ash Taylor on his day is solid ! Great kicking game but has no mongrel or defence. Definitely a confidence player unfortunately

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy to give bbo the job he’s speedy full of potential

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been told last night Gus is meeting with James seggyaro for a train and trial contract over the summer
Would most likely be second tier $80k-$110k only
And doesn’t take a spot from the fulltime roster

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Been told last night Gus is meeting with James seggyaro for a train and trial contract over the summer
Would most likely be second tier $80k-$110k only
And doesn’t take a spot from the fulltime roster
He had talks with us pre covid so there has definitely been interest from both parties. Expect him to line back up for Newtown if nothing eventuates though.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had talks with us pre covid so there has definitely been interest from both parties. Expect him to line back up for Newtown if nothing eventuates though.
Worth a shot for a tier two contract
If he impresses in the preseason and with the new additions then why not