Are you happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a disaster of a year,all the hype dogs of war,player clean out,salary cap scenarios,etc etc,there has been very few positives,Lachlan Lewis,reimes Smith,Rhys Martin,the exceptions.the style of play we've employed this year,ordinary,week in week out,the second phase plays by opposition has killed us,I am sick and tired of seing tolman and Klemmer taking the ball on 3rd 4th tackle inside the opposition 20,if this is what's on offer for next year and beyond,I don't be renewing my seasons tickets,I am happy with the current board,I think they are doing s good job,but they need to bring in someone who can coach,because dean pay can't

If you have had a season ticket for the past 5 years with that boring style of play dez ball than I’m sure you will have a ticket next year.

Atleast we don’t die on the last with the ball scared of giving 7 tackles up

Atleast players can be dropped and promoted with pay

At least tolman isn’t our half and 5/8

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why's that,

Because " the great" Steve Georgallis will never coach our FG side?

Awww, poor Marley/gotenks :sleepy:
Because i want to move to Barcelona but i'm not allowed.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we make the 8 next season then Dean Pay shouldn't be resigned, also we need to fix our 1 and 9 problem, Hopoate isn't the answer and hopefully we sign segeyaro who would solve the 9 problem but we need a game breaker which we don't have.
Nearly every team has a player who can change a game we don't and with the salary cap we won't be able to buy a player of that calibre for at least another season or 2, as for Pay I don't think he will be the coach to take the dog's to a premiership, its hard to believe that the bulldogs can't sign top class players anymore even with the salary cap drama, hopefully we will improve next season but I doubt it.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unless we make the 8 next season then Dean Pay shouldn't be resigned, also we need to fix our 1 and 9 problem, Hopoate isn't the answer and hopefully we sign segeyaro who would solve the 9 problem but we need a game breaker which we don't have.
Nearly every team has a player who can change a game we don't and with the salary cap we won't be able to buy a player of that calibre for at least another season or 2, as for Pay I don't think he will be the coach to take the dog's to a premiership, its hard to believe that the bulldogs can't sign top class players anymore even with the salary cap drama, hopefully we will improve next season but I doubt it.
I concur with everything you said. I'm not defending pay in any shape or form, but if we do struggle next year and 2020, some people will still blame has-lice hasler and the previous board. It's been nearly a year and people are still moaning about it, especially the pay fans

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a lot of rubbish. There is probably 4 players who would gain a start in any other team. Theres a couple of possibles. The rest are not FG standard.
You, or anyone else cannot win to many games with a second rate squad. And that what we have.
The rebuilding will take a while, but it is happening.
You reckon, take a look at manly with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 players a team of rejects from other clubs,but are playing with direction,they throw the ball around,and score points,compare our attack and game plan to theirs,pretty bloody embarrassing,and they have had a horror run with injuries

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m disappointed in the season. I was hoping for a bottom 8 spot but alas poor form injuries etc didn’t make it.
I really think some tough decisions need to be taken with the roster still.
Traditionally the dogs have never had two poor years in a row so I do feel next year won’t be as bad but I do think some structures need to change

Malla

Reaction score
Saw more potential this year then the last 3 years combined. The results and place on the ladder doesn't mean anything... good year to start a rebuild... we managed to get rid of Mbye who was a cancer. Got rid of Woods too. Hopefully we can move Foran and we have unearthed a future superstar in Lewis that nobody here saw coming. It was a good year.

Malla

Reaction score
You reckon, take a look at manly with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 players a team of rejects from other clubs,but are playing with direction,they throw the ball around,and score points,compare our attack and game plan to theirs,pretty bloody embarrassing,and they have had a horror run with injuries
LOL you do realise Manly are only one win ahead of us and they have 3 origin reps + 2 NZ internationals + Dally M centre of the year? No comparison. Manly are underachieving. Their team on paper should be top 8.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL you do realise Manly are only one win ahead of us and they have 3 origin reps + 2 NZ internationals + Dally M centre of the year? No comparison. Manly are underachieving. Their team on paper should be top 8.
Hence why Barrett will walk before he's pushed. All this talk of cleary and moonface's panfers, I think Barrett will go there next year and warm the seat until daddy Ivan arrives

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hook is the answer potentially and is currently looking can set up a good program and I think he had a lot to do with Penriths overall development hence why Gould sacked Cleary hired hook to see how he did it and now has sacked him cause Gus is a glory hunting cock snot he has never built a side to win inherited both premiership teams with the previous coaches admin before him set up as for him
And his origin wins well he has pick of the litter good on him for getting a few wins

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hook is the answer potentially and is currently looking can set up a good program and I think he had a lot to do with Penriths overall development hence why Gould sacked Cleary hired hook to see how he did it and now has sacked him cause Gus is a glory hunting cock snot he has never built a side to win inherited both premiership teams with the previous coaches admin before him set up as for him
And his origin wins well he has pick of the litter good on him for getting a few wins
Could be an option, although I keep hearing that players don't like him due to his approach and methods.
Bottom line, we're stuck with pay, he ain't going anywhere. And anderson is basically the one calling the shots, isn't he?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is worth persisting with. He is mature, smart and experienced. He needs to partner lewis next year. Some people are saying retire him. No way. We don't want puppies running around esp with mozzles leaving. That solves your 6 and 7 issue.
Buy segeyaro already. Don't know why it is taking years. We need someone experienced and strong. No.9 solved. one of the best available on market
Buy Ben barba before the roosters do. The team is not looking like the dogs lately. The whole team has changed yet we are still garbage. Ben barba will bring back some good memories. Would make a good return story. No. 1 problem solved.
Lastly, must keeps: hopoate, jackson and klemmer. Seem to perform consistently
Invest in and experiment with: reimis and holland

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or are our forwards not unique and cool enough? When i think of dogs players i think of those forwards that were unique and truly bulldog. Eg willie mason was a character and a fan favourite. Mark o meley was a beast. Ryan was the bobcat. Kasiano was the wrecking ball and the big sized half back. Frank the tank. Corey payne who punched on with hayne. Now we have fulaolo, ogden, toomaga, priest, chris smith, elliott etc. None of these guys are cool. We aren't going to look back and say these guys were sick. They are just your typical players. These guys need to step up and make their name memorable. They need to stand out in the nrl. They need to do something that makes opponents fear them. Bite someone's ear off. Or start a punch on. Just do something to say the dogs are back
So we can say he is our fave

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We’re way better off this year than we were under Hasler and Pay will be given at least next year to show what he can do. You may as well lay down the pitchforks kennel, or you’ll be waving them around for quite a long time. Lol

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I am happy.
We were on a road to no-where and had actually re-signed / committed the club for more of the same.

Now, we have a new board, new...just about everything....and the club has fessed up to how bad things are.
That means we are out of denial and on the road to something better.

When names like Mortimer, Pay, Price, Anderson are involved its not a matter of IF its a matter of when.
Yes we will be back.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Once Floporan is gone with that million dollar salary available back into our cap i will be super happy.

Koroisau, Segeyaro & Isaac Luke off contract this year - any one of these 3 will bring us back to life

We need to add a couple of big, fast & strong backline players - Maumalo, Oates

Very impressed with young Remis Smith, Lewis & Martin

The cleanout and promotions, thus far, have been terrific

The only way is up

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be an option, although I keep hearing that players don't like him due to his approach and methods.
Bottom line, we're stuck with pay, he ain't going anywhere. And anderson is basically the one calling the shots, isn't he?
Yeah suppose already paying one fraud out is bad enough to be honest none of the blue chip coaches will come near us with the shit fight that pay has taken on

Status
Not open for further replies.