Are We Underestimating the Power of The Kennel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some come here for an idle chat and some come here to vent their frustration or to even applaud.
Whatever you do The Kennel is a diverse and welcoming place. However, does the Kennel do more than we think?

The recent sacking of Moore was being called for by the majority of The Kennel for the best part of the year. Yet it was only just recently that the media starting calling for his head which is eventually what happened.

We all know the DT regularly trolls this site but the question I want to put out is Does the Kennel have a bigger influence on the Media and the Club than we really think?

Was it The Kennel that initiated the sacking of Moore?
Will the Kennel influence the appointment of the new coach?
What REALLY is the impact of the Kennel?

P.S Mods not sure where I should put this, move where appropriate.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no, you overestimate the power of the kennel.

you are voice that the club listens to like its many other varied stakeholders.

don't dispute the passion or intelligence (most of the time) but it is a very long bow to draw to say you are responsible for the sacking of a coach.

if you really want to test the power of the kennel see if you can get the board to be fully accountable at the elections next year for their failure to even interview Wayne bennett.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Can we move this to the Lounge so we can discuss it without the prying eyes of non-kennelers ??

On the original post; I think that some things said on here I.e. in the rumour section get taken and blown out of context.

But i don't think we have anywhere near as much power as the sponsors etc. I would like to add; the members whom get to vote at the board elections have the most power.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
It's best to think of The Kennel as a giant pub where everyone is blind ..... By that I mean, we can all hear each other but we can't see each other.

Just like a pub, there's loud voices everywhere in every corner, only you can't make out who is who.

The best you can do is recognise certain voices or names that get mentioned.
You feel your way around.
There's certain rooms you feel more comfortable in.

So next time your at a pub, close your eyes for 60 seconds ... and VIOLA ... that's a lot like what being on the Kennel is like.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think you are over-estimating or under-estimating the power of The Kennel. I agree with Buffalo on the point that The Kennel is a voice that the club may take into account on various issues, if they are willing to do so. Historically though, the club has never been proactive with it's fanbase, apart from appeasing the voting members at election time. The nature of the medium here, enables users to freely express their thoughts on all aspects of the club. Given the times we are in and considering we are one of many Sydney based outfits, the club would benefit from being proactive with its user base, and listening to the fans, otherwise they risk losing them.

By the same token, The Kennel as an entity shouldn't take any credit (or blame) for any action or reaction. While being supportive of many initiatives, such as the Bulldogs Army, Back2Belmore (Luke), Camp Quality, etc. The Kennel won't take credit for successes even when it should. The Kennel exists because of the fans, and without the fans, it would cease to exist. To adopt any other position would be a demonstration of arrogance.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some come here for an idle chat and some come here to vent their frustration or to even applaud.
Whatever you do The Kennel is a diverse and welcoming place. However, does the Kennel do more than we think?

The recent sacking of Moore was being called for by the majority of The Kennel for the best part of the year. Yet it was only just recently that the media starting calling for his head which is eventually what happened.

We all know the DT regularly trolls this site but the question I want to put out is Does the Kennel have a bigger influence on the Media and the Club than we really think?

The Kennel is just one of several internet chat sites devoted to the doggies.

Paying members, attendance at games, sponsors, results, would all have more influence than The Kennel.

But like CK said, it's a good place to drop in and have a chat. :grinning:

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if the kennell had any sort of influence on the sacking of moore, then goood, needed to happen, but i agree with what everyone is saying, its a great place for a chit chat on all things doggies and more

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I dont know the answer, but must admit I was asking myself the same question a littlw while ago
I sure hope the club does not get infuenced by anything fans say in regards to player signings or coach, they are the experts not us

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i sure hope they dont come here to see what people on the kennel have to say. 99% is just sh1t from people who have no idea. There is a handful of people that know what they are talking about...

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I don't think you are over-estimating or under-estimating the power of The Kennel. I agree with Buffalo on the point that The Kennel is a voice that the club may take into account on various issues, if they are willing to do so. Historically though, the club has never been proactive with it's fanbase, apart from appeasing the voting members at election time. The nature of the medium here, enables users to freely express their thoughts on all aspects of the club. Given the times we are in and considering we are one of many Sydney based outfits, the club would benefit from being proactive with its user base, and listening to the fans, otherwise they risk losing them.

By the same token, The Kennel as an entity shouldn't take any credit (or blame) for any action or reaction. While being supportive of many initiatives, such as the Bulldogs Army, Back2Belmore (Luke), Camp Quality, etc. The Kennel won't take credit for successes even when it should. The Kennel exists because of the fans, and without the fans, it would cease to exist. To adopt any other position would be a demonstration of arrogance.
Just a quick FYI... matto claims to be the original creator of back2belmore

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
Some people really overthink sitiations to the point of facepalm.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
The BDP is responsible for every decision Todd Greenberg and the board makes, hth.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Obviuosly they dont listen to me, if they did, the bulldogs would be a white's only team.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
By that I mean, we can all hear each other but we can't see each other.

Just like a pub, there's loud voices everywhere in every corner, only you can't make out who is who.
False. :p

One of my abilities is that I can pick out a voice/clap or something from a crowd of people. My hearing is generally average - not excellent or terrible - but I can hone in on a particular sound and know where it's coming from within a few seconds.

In short, YOU LIE!

Disclaimer: Everybody probably has this ability, lol.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw I forgot to add I don't necessarily agree with what I said, I was just curious about what other people thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.