• About to pass them

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • All hail the new title holders!

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Amen to that...!! Oh deleted my Facebook 8 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I don’t have or never have had twitter or any of that other crap!! All it is is people looking for likes, people wanting attention and it’s way to impersonal. And the only social media type thing I have is TK, and it’s far better than all that other junk..!! Didn’t even let me daughter have Facebook, or anything either, don’t want her becoming socially awkward/inept !!
Same, I reckon it would be right about 8 years since I quit Facebook. Also, no way TK is social media. It is a good old fashioned forum, of the type I have been using since the early days of the internet in the 90s. A forum is the meeting place for an online community that has a specific shared interest, users are usually highly anonymous. Social media is a platform that allows users that are barely anonymous (or not anonymous at all) to connect primarily based on who they are, not on the topic of their content.

There is a reason you don't find influencers in TK...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I got this gimble thing
View attachment 13459
That I intended to use for plane spotting set up ,while using my real camera for pics and that for video, some **** at Sydney airport ask where I got that selfy thingy from lol I was crushed I packed it away it's still in my bag
Mate - your stock just went up a couple of points in my book. I am an aerosexual also :-).
That's not a selfie stick, that's some very decent kit...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Interesting poll, I was kinda divided over what answer to give. While I get the whole bit about the stupidity, Aus is really nothing like US in so many ways that even the stupidity of the toilet paper shortage doesn't make Aus anything like US. In short because this gross stupidity is distinctly Australian.

Having lived in US for 3.5 years I can say confidently from experience that a) US is nothing like the TV shows and movies we get sent from there, and b) Aus is very different in its politics, economy, culture, social systems, media, and yes, even it's stupidity. I'll leave the thought here, but happy to share details on the differences if people want to know.
This is a test run to see how the sheep react...and they reacted exactly how they expected/wanted.

Interesting times ahead in the not too distant future.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Same, I reckon it would be right about 8 years since I quit Facebook. Also, no way TK is social media. It is a good old fashioned forum, of the type I have been using since the early days of the internet in the 90s. A forum is the meeting place for an online community that has a specific shared interest, users are usually highly anonymous. Social media is a platform that allows users that are barely anonymous (or not anonymous at all) to connect primarily based on who they are, not on the topic of their content.

There is a reason you don't find influencers in TK...
Amen mate.
And no influencers because no-one cares what anyone of us had for breakfast, what brand of whatever thing we wear (well, unless it's a Bulldogs Classic v Blades discussion :-)) or any other such nonsense.
God bless the bloody lot of us...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate - your stock just went up a couple of points in my book. I am an aerosexual also :-).
That's not a selfie stick, that's some very decent kit...
I'm going to the antonov factory in the Ukraine next year they have a full motion training simulator only a few hundred bucks Qantas charge a few grand, also the aviation museums in Russia, Belarus Ukraine

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm going to the antonov factory in the Ukraine next year they have a full motion training simulator only a few hundred bucks Qantas charge a few grand, also the aviation museums in Russia, Belarus Ukraine
Sweet! Antonov would be great. In a combo of my work and interest I've been to Airbus in Toulouse, Boeing in Seattle and several other aviation museums in Europe and the US. I also flew the Jetstar B787 sim in Melbourne a few years back.
OK - acknowledged - NERD ALERT! :-).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Antonov would be great. In a combo of my work and interest I've been to Airbus in Toulouse, Boeing in Seattle and several other aviation museums in Europe and the US. I also flew the Jetstar B787 sim in Melbourne a few years back.
OK - acknowledged - NERD ALERT! :-).
I've done the 737 sim done a landing in old Hong Kong airport that was a mission

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Russia are the good guys because they are yet to be westernised
I seen Russia as the good guy since I was in preschool lol.

Funny how this world works.
The people who portray themselves as the good guys are generally the bad guys.

Look at wrestling for example.
Everyone loved Hulk Hogan and hated Bobby Heenan and Jesse Ventura.
But Bobby and Jesse were in reality the good guys exposing the truth about everyones false idols.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Me too and I totally agree.
I was like 4 years old when I first watched Rocky 4 too.
Thats how far back my non issue with Russia goes.

I'm Slavic heritage, so why would I hate on my own?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Amen to that...!! Oh deleted my Facebook 8 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I don’t have or never have had twitter or any of that other crap!! All it is is people looking for likes, people wanting attention and it’s way to impersonal. And the only social media type thing I have is TK, and it’s far better than all that other junk..!! Didn’t even let me daughter have Facebook, or anything either, don’t want her becoming socially awkward/inept !!
Don't let your daughter become an insecure narcissist.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
My kids don't have social media ,they have no problems
My niece has facebook but isn't hooked on it.
Like her estranged uncle she understands from an early age that she doesn't need friends!

Last I heard shes studying archaeology and was recently in Rome for a uni excursion.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I ain’t no fan of America..but everyone should check out Boris Nemtsov and just see what a nice place Russia is under Putin..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I ain’t no fan of America..but everyone should check out Boris Nemtsov and just see what a nice place Russia is under Putin..
Can't be much different to Australia under Scott Morrison tbh.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's your preferred sim today?
X11, though enjoy dcs,il2, warthunder ( not really sim but pretty cool)waiting for new Microsoft sim that looks awsome lots of good stuff around and the controls seem to be getting better expensive but awsome