Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
meh bound to happen

In your face Btrain
Unbelievable.

Obviously precedant means nothing to "Sir" Lawrence Street?

Clearly the NRL have affected his decision because there is no way on earth they can justify letting Brisbane keep their points on their successful appeal in front of the same committee when their 14th man scored a try while our 14th man was on the complete other side of the field 60 metres from the play.

Wow. People talk about conspiracies against the club quite often and alot of the time it is completely over the top but how else can you explain this?

F**k me. As someone said. If we were owned by News Ltd and I guarantee if this were any other club in the NRL they would have kept their points. Guarantee.

I was wrong, I wish I wasn't but I underestimated how big an influence Gallop can have on an "independant" appeals committee.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Take our points , cancel our sponsorhips. What the fark is this! No wonder our fans are full of rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahahaha you cant tell me this is not hate for the Dogs. Almost a decade since they last took away points.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

Obviously precedant means nothing to "Sir" Lawrence Street?

Clearly the NRL have affected his decision because there is no way on earth they can justify letting Brisbane keep their points on their successful appeal in front of the same committee when their 14th man scored a try while our 14th man was on the complete other side of the field 60 metres from the play.

Wow. People talk about conspiracies against the club quite often and alot of the time it is completely over the top but how else can you explain this?

F**k me. As someone said. If we were owned by News Ltd and I guarantee if this were any other club in the NRL they would have kept their points. Guarantee.

I was wrong, I wish I wasn't but I underestimated how big an influence Gallop can have on an "independant" appeals committee.
Their 14th player also ran on while being told to stay off. Its a joke.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
It's alright guys. We'll stick it right up em when we win this year's GF. ;)

lulus91

The North Shore Bulldog
Reaction score
Source: Sportal

Dogs' appeal bid rejected

David Gallop has urged clubs to think twice before challenging NRL rulings, after the Bulldogs were denied Leave to Appeal the decision to strip the club of two competition points.

The president of the NRL Appeals Committee, Sir Laurence Street, dismissed an application from the club for leave to appeal the decision on Wednesday.

The Bulldogs were stripped of the points in the aftermath of their 28-26 victory over Penrith in Round 2, after video evidence emerged revealing they had 14 men on the field when Ben Roberts scored the winning try the dying moments.

While the club conceded it had breached the NRL's interchange laws, CEO Todd Greenberg argued the punishment did not fit the crime and employed the club's lawyers to seek to lessen the penalty.

But in the wake of the decision to deny the Bulldogs' request, Gallop says clubs need to review their attitudes towards the appeals process.

"This has been drawn out more than it should and I think there is a real danger of clubs becoming 'over lawyered' in their approach to appeals," he said.

"We provide an appeal process so that clubs can test whether our decisions are within the scope of our rules, without having to go to the expense and the time delays of the court system.

"Unless we have acted outside the rules those decisions should stand and survive any challenge."

"That is what has happened with this decision. That is why leave is difficult to get."

"In this case the club made a bad error and left us with no alternative but to take the points."

Sir Street said of his decision: "This Application for Leave to Appeal falls within a small compass although I recognise that the outcome is of great importance to the Bulldogs."

"The Application has been well and thoroughly argued by Senior Counsel for the Bulldogs and the NRL but in my view an Appeal to the Tribunal does not have good prospects of success and it follows that Leave to Appeal must be refused."

"The undisputed fact is that the Bulldogs had 14 players on the field when they scored the winning try. The presence of the 14th player was due to an error by a Bulldogs Official."

"The prohibition against 14 players is clear and specific and a Club that breaches the Rule must expect to receive a significant penalty. The Chief Executive dealt with the matter carefully and appropriately."

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs points appeal rejected
April 22, 2009 - 5:34PM

NRL chief executive David Gallop said given the scope of legal submissions which required adjudication, clubs needed to re-think their attitudes towards the appeals process.

"This has been drawn out more than it should and I think there is a real danger of clubs becoming 'over-lawyered' in their approach to appeals," he said.

"We provide an appeal process so that clubs can test whether our decisions are within the scope of our rules, without having to go to the expense and the time delays of the court system."
And what are you Gallop you tosspot retard. A second rate has been lawyer who got lucky when your boss took over the NRL and wanted a halfwit front man.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
this is a joke. serious how can broncos get there points back and we can't? i still can not get around that ffs.

nrl take our points, take our sponsors and take whatever fines u ****en want we still are and always will be the club with the best fans and most passionate supporters.

bring on canberra babyyyyyyyyyy

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"In this case the club made a bad error and left us with no alternative but to take the points."

No other alternative?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im burning but ah well what can you do, Getting evil thoughts of hurting gallop and co.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
But in the wake of the decision to deny the Bulldogs' request, Gallop says clubs need to review their attitudes towards the appeals process.

"This has been drawn out more than it should and I think there is a real danger of clubs becoming 'over lawyered' in their approach to appeals," he said.

There is an appeals process there for a reason. Lawyers represent the club in appeals processes. What the fcuk does he mean clubs need to review their attitude if that's all they can do? LOL :whacky:

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wonder what Gallop would have taken off us, had we lost the game.

Pissed off!

Bulldogs_Mania

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wat a load of bull s**t

lets just see if this decision is going to be consistant when this happens to other teams

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My major problem is that we had to appeal to be allowed to appeal. That is the ridiculous part.

Well they have set a precvendent now- i don't care what the circumstances are any team in breach of having 14 players on the filed must automatically loose their two points, no ifs or buts on case by case nonsense.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
suggesting not to appeal?

forgive the rest of the league world for not trusting you and your team gallop, but clubs will always appeal if they feel they have been wronged

what a stupid ****ing statement, don't appeal? what an idiot

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I LOVE how he says "clubs" and not "the Bulldogs".

LOL!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I thought the appeals process was separate to the NRL.

So basically what Sir Lawrence Street has done is said "Well it's not worth granting a right of appeal because it'll be rejected anyway".

What a ****ing bull**** conspiracy!!!

How would he know unless the NRL had pre-decided and told him they won't green light another appeal!?!

The game is becomming an absolute crock of ****, and Gallop is responsible.

The game would be better off without him.

If we miss out on the final series because of these 2 points I'm going to be so frigging pissed off.

I just hope like hell the players fire up, and we end up winning the premiership. It'd be the ultimate FU to Gallop and his dirty kneed arsehole friends.

If it's not Gallop, it's the referees. The game stinks at the moment, and you can't tell me orders aren't going through to make sure the Dogs don't win games.

You don't get THAT many bad calls in a match, likewise bad treatment from the NRL.

I'm really wondering at times if this game is staged/lined up with a premiership winner at the start of the year, based on who gives Gallop the best handjob.

I guess the only positive is that they can't take another 2 points off us if we look in contention for the NRL premiership, without making it look very suss.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This game is governed by ********s . Its a farce, there are 2 sets of rules and those reading whats happened now and in the past and the decisions they have made will see that this game from an administration side is nothing short of comical.
Infact im wrong when i say there are 2 sets of rules......there are no set rules. Rules are made up and enforced as they go along depending who you are affiliated with.

Im wondering what the morons would have decided if we were up by 30 points? Would they have deducted our points then?

And lets imagine this was a grand final...what would the morons do?...hand the trophy to the Panthers by default?

The Bulldogs can still win this matter legally. There is always CAS to appeal to...the Court of Arbitration of Sport.

I would urge the Bulldogs to take this matter to the independant CAS and humiliate the NRL.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
meh

was always going to happen. the bulldogs don't get a fair go. didn't ever bother having hope of getting them back

time to move on. we are still in a good position on the ladder with a great points differential. the team should forget about it and move on and i'm sure they have already done so

Status
Not open for further replies.