Opinion Anyone else slightly concerned about who we play 7?

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce anyone??

Only signed a 1 year extension for next year, Newcastle already talking in negotiations about moving Ponga to five-eight to partner Clifford and playing some hot shot youngster at fullback (I think they said it's Josh Hodgsons cousin??) apparently he is a gun

IF....we are after an experienced 7, he is probably the most experienced (I think Maloney and Benji both at 36 not what we need)

Would take the pressure off Burton and would fit perfectly

I have no insider knowledge etc but now that Gus is on board, scenarios like this could become possible?? Especially as Flanagan looks like he is being shopped , and Lewis off contract. We might have some $$ to play with....maybe even a player swap plus $$ with one of our backup halves?

Food for thought

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree 100 percent
A spine with JMK / Burton / Flang / or Avo is way off NRL pace. Need more experience imo. Josh Hodgson would make a positive impact. If avail .

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce anyone??

Only signed a 1 year extension for next year, Newcastle already talking in negotiations about moving Ponga to five-eight to partner Clifford and playing some hot shot youngster at fullback (I think they said it's Josh Hodgsons cousin??) apparently he is a gun

IF....we are after an experienced 7, he is probably the most experienced (I think Maloney and Benji both at 36 not what we need)

Would take the pressure off Burton and would fit perfectly

I have no insider knowledge etc but now that Gus is on board, scenarios like this could become possible?? Especially as Flanagan looks like he is being shopped , and Lewis off contract. We might have some $$ to play with....maybe even a player swap plus $$ with one of our backup halves?

Food for thought
BBO is a future superstar, lets see how he finished the year imo

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate, I certainly hope so. He has really looked the goods so far. I'd love nothing more than for him to
Mate, I absolutely hope BBO turns into our long term superstar 7. I love what I have seen of him so far. Just don't know if he will be ready next year

I feel we need some experience in the spine at 7 or 9 to really get the team moving in the right direction. If we were to somehow snag a Smith or Hodgson next year then maybe we could run with BBO and Burton in the halves

If not, maybe an experienced 7 could be an option

I'm just thinking out loud and now with Gus on board, I think our options have now really opened up

Either way, exciting times ahead and I have faith in whatever direction Gus and Tbaz take us

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, gotta ask. Are you Lebanese, Palestinian, Indian, Bangladeshi or seemingly now, African American?
He's a tranny - transracial. You know these things are fluid these days. It's what he "identifies" as.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know who will be our 7 next year, I really think an experienced 7 like Johnson would have been a perfect fit to take the pressure off Burton. Averillo isnt a controlling 7, Flannagan is really struggling and BBO doesnt look like a controlling 7 anyway but id like to see him have a crack at 9 , maybe a 14 until we see how good he really is, hopefully hes the 9 we ve all hoped for. However the last thing I want is all pressure being on Burton next year, would love an experienced 7 to do some of the kicking/ controlling and let Burto develop into the world class 6 we know he is.
Burton isn't a world class 6. Did you miss the Panthers games when he's been the 6? He is a centre that will play 6 for us. Our 7 next year should be the Prince. He has a good left foot kick, a good pass, is on the ball, not afraid to control the game, is cheeky, won't cop shit, has good defence, and is an X factor. Problem solved. Prince for 7. Avo his backup.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton isn't a world class 6. Did you miss the Panthers games when he's been the 6? He is a centre that will play 6 for us. Our 7 next year should be the Prince. He has a good left foot kick, a good pass, is on the ball, not afraid to control the game, is cheeky, won't cop shit, has good defence, and is an X factor. Problem solved. Prince for 7. Avo his backup.
what the fuck are you talking about lad, hes literally a freak 6, motm in his third Nrl game at 6 vs Storm and when playing there hes carried the Penrith attack. Lewis is absolute shite hahahah, theres a reason hes being released you clueless idiot