Opinion Anyone else slightly concerned about who we play 7?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know who will be our 7 next year, I really think an experienced 7 like Johnson would have been a perfect fit to take the pressure off Burton. Averillo isnt a controlling 7, Flannagan is really struggling and BBO doesnt look like a controlling 7 anyway but id like to see him have a crack at 9 , maybe a 14 until we see how good he really is, hopefully hes the 9 we ve all hoped for. However the last thing I want is all pressure being on Burton next year, would love an experienced 7 to do some of the kicking/ controlling and let Burto develop into the world class 6 we know he is.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we need a 7 more than we need a 9. That’s our biggest gap and it’s the most important position on the field. The 7 is the controlling mind of the team. A weak 7 means a disjointed, unorganised and chaotic team with bad 5th tackle options. The 5th tackle option changes the whole momentum of the match

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worst case scenario you can play Dufty in the halves. He was a 5/8 all the way through u5s up until junior reps. Problem is his defence is abysmal. And the bigger issue is his frame is so small and technique so bad that he is better off hiding at fullback and just hope he can be a speed hump of a break is made and he can slow the player down enough for cover to arrive.

Between Averillo, BBO and Flanagan we should be able to cover a half position.

With burtons boot and running game all you really need is a link man and a kicker. Burton is a natural footballer and is very mature for his age. So you think as long as he is fit he can steer us around.

A crucial signing would be say a Josh Hodgson. Is vision and kicking game would make the halves job even more simplified which is what you need when the options are between Averillo, Flanagan and possibly BBO (I would have the kid as a bench player, not a starting half).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
yeah boo im worried as yo,
all these other teams jivin in d spine and here we is Averillo and shit and what if burton is no good?

will be 4 more years on death row yo.

We got the OG backline and we bling if the balls out wide and we in space and forwards is starting to pump out the fibre needed 4 life but what good is a coalmine with no back office?

is all comin down to Burton yo but its a team effirt and this scary

get a good hooker and we see but yeah whats good.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
yeah boo im worried as yo,
all these other teams jivin in d spine and here we is Averillo and shit and what if burton is no good?

will be 4 more years on death row yo.

We got the OG backline and we bling if the balls out wide and we in space and forwards is starting to pump out the fibre needed 4 life but what good is a coalmine with no back office?

is all comin down to Burton yo but its a team effirt and this scary

get a good hooker and we see but yeah whats good.
I just copied and pasted that into google for a translation and it came back with, "drop the pipe and get healthy!" Was that a correct translation?

Lol

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We made the GF in 2012 with great backs /forwards and fuckin Kris Keating as our halfback. We’ll be ok, avo will get better and burton will assume most control of the play making. However, we are desperate for an experienced hooker

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i’m worried about having 1 decent half for next year who will have under 30 games with the expectations that are going to be on him for next year. i don’t want him to lose confidence as has happened with flannagan (who is terrible in all aspects of the game), he’s not been able to regain any sort of form or confidence and is now essentially a very expensive water boy. we should offer benji a 1 year deal. finish his career with his brother and mentor burton and averillo. can provide a calm head and experience in attack, understand he has defensive issues but i feel what he can offer outweighs his sometimes weak defence

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think we should go for Deitz at 9 and BBO at 7. With a full first grade pre season Deitz will be much fitter and will improve. We would then have not 1 but 2 running line break threats from anywhere on the field whenever there is lazy marker defence by our opponents.

Only takes 1 of them to make a break then they have speedsters JAC, Dufty and Cotric on the outside / inside.

1 Dufty
6 Burton
7 BBO
9 Deitz

Last edited:

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know who will be our 7 next year, I really think an experienced 7 like Johnson would have been a perfect fit to take the pressure off Burton. Averillo isnt a controlling 7, Flannagan is really struggling and BBO doesnt look like a controlling 7 anyway but id like to see him have a crack at 9 , maybe a 14 until we see how good he really is, hopefully hes the 9 we ve all hoped for. However the last thing I want is all pressure being on Burton next year, would love an experienced 7 to do some of the kicking/ controlling and let Burto develop into the world class 6 we know he is.
Hopefully not averillo he is garbage

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just copied and pasted that into google for a translation and it came back with, "drop the pipe and get healthy!" Was that a correct translation?

Lol
Gold. The fraud has been called out which we always knew