Anyone else had a physiological shift on the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
When was the last time we lifted fro a big game
Only one I remember in recent times is first semi vs Melbourne in Melbourne
Last year sucked and this year more of the same
There is no fire in the belly
No pride in the jumper
No bounce back factor
Only team Des gets us pumped for is against Souths, Manly and Melbourne. Even then it's totally hit and miss.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
When was the last time we lifted fro a big game
Only one I remember in recent times is first semi vs Melbourne in Melbourne
Last year sucked and this year more of the same
There is no fire in the belly
No pride in the jumper
No bounce back factor
Only team Des gets us pumped for is against Souths, Manly and Melbourne. Even then it's totally hit and miss.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only issue with winning tonight and making the top 4/a semi final is des will give himself a pat on the back and think good season. When in fact we haven't played well. Luckily we had a easy run for about 2 months against weaker teams and we went 7/8 or something. Otherwise we would be struggling to make it now.

The only thing I can think of as a positive to come out of this season is for des to be under pressure to restructure the team and finally get us a fullback after we bent over to hand our dally m winner away for virtually nothing. We bent over to sign no Sunday's too and we also bent over to release Rona. We have been doing so much bending over in the last 5 years we will need a full time chiro here soon for spot adjustments.

We haven't played like the dogs for a long long time. The even worse thing is we haven't been run like the Bulldogs either. We are the bitches of the Comp now. No grunt, no go forward, releasing players signing park footballers. It's sad to think the club we were and the club we are today.

If we get flogged tonight and get bundled out of the finals then the only positive I will see is that change is needed. Making 2 grand finals in 5 years doesn't show success. It's been 12 years since our last success. Hopefully the board can finally say to Hasler he has the team he wants. The facilities he needed and he has achieved nothing in 4 years (I wouldn't say 2014 was a success. Crawling into a final and getting pumped in the last 20 mins shouldn't be something the club should trumpet as a successful season.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hope someone can stand up and put some pressure on Thurston when he kicks, rough him up a bit instead of letting him kick freely . Ill be pissed if i see him get a repeat set from 40m out.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hope someone can stand up and put some pressure on Thurston when he kicks, rough him up a bit instead of letting him kick freely . Ill be pissed if i see him get a repeat set from 40m out.
We will be lucky if it's only a as in singular
I'm guessing 3 or 4 repeat sets

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only issue with winning tonight and making the top 4/a semi final is des will give himself a pat on the back and think good season. When in fact we haven't played well. Luckily we had a easy run for about 2 months against weaker teams and we went 7/8 or something. Otherwise we would be struggling to make it now.

The only thing I can think of as a positive to come out of this season is for des to be under pressure to restructure the team and finally get us a fullback after we bent over to hand our dally m winner away for virtually nothing. We bent over to sign no Sunday's too and we also bent over to release Rona. We have been doing so much bending over in the last 5 years we will need a full time chiro here soon for spot adjustments.

We haven't played like the dogs for a long long time. The even worse thing is we haven't been run like the Bulldogs either. We are the bitches of the Comp now. No grunt, no go forward, releasing players signing park footballers. It's sad to think the club we were and the club we are today.

If we get flogged tonight and get bundled out of the finals then the only positive I will see is that change is needed. Making 2 grand finals in 5 years doesn't show success. It's been 12 years since our last success. Hopefully the board can finally say to Hasler he has the team he wants. The facilities he needed and he has achieved nothing in 4 years (I wouldn't say 2014 was a success. Crawling into a final and getting pumped in the last 20 mins shouldn't be something the club should trumpet as a successful season.
Yep. If we were an athlete just missing out on bronze in the past three Olympics we wouldn't be hailed as a success for always coming fourth (even though that is a pretty decent achievement).

Status
Not open for further replies.