Anyone else had a physiological shift on the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All this season and last season and the season before I would look at the Canterbury Bulldogs team sheet each week and think, gee what a great team why aren't playing better, higher on the ladder etc etc.

That was me until Tuesday night when I looked at the team and thought oh.

Our starting props currently offer little go forward and this week beside Williams on the edge I don't much impact from the bench.

Very good defensive team. If we hold the ball I know we can grind out wins.

But the team doesn't have the explosive power of Canberra for example nor do we have the genius in the halves of the Cowboys.

I'm hoping the team proves me wrong.

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Your 100% right. I've been a bit quiet on here. Disappointed with this years performance and definitely not confident on tonight.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Your 100% right. I've been a bit quiet on here. Disappointed with this years performance and definitely not confident on tonight.
Tonight defines our season more than any other game

Top 4 spot on the line
And the team know they owe us fans a win at belmore given the last 2 loses there.

If they can't win tonight, it's because they simply are not good enough

This game for us is huge,

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me too. I dont know why we're still called the best forward pack in the comp, Cowboys are. I wish we still had Franky on the left edge, our go forward would be so much better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Top 4 spot on the line
And the team know they owe us fans a win at belmore given the last 2 loses there.

Massive! I think tonight is whether we can win the comp or not.

Playing the defending premiers who embarrassed us at a park where motivation is abundant for a top 4 spot leading into the finals... this has to be it. This is the confidence our team needs to win the comp, lose and they will shot to shit.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Top 4 spot on the line

Biggest game since 2014 GF I reckon

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Tonight we will destroy the Cowboys I really think we are going to be a different team .
Watch Thurston get hammered on every last tackle tonight will see the dogs of war.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree Trafford. Now when the team list come out I don't get hyped up thinking how good our team is.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tonight we will destroy the Cowboys I really think we are going to be a different team .
Watch Thurston get hammered on every last tackle tonight will see the dogs of war.
Finally a positive comment.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

where have you been bro.

miss you inside info.

do you think we will beat the cows tonight?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When this team is on, it's on. Passes stick , plays work.

When it doesn't, this team is prolly close to one of the worst in the comp.

Even in the best of times I remain unconvinced. We don't seem to construct tries, they seem to happen through just randomness. If you look at the top tier teams, they seem to know what to do.

And yes, our forward pack is a myth. On paper they are great, in reality they are too caught up with being half backs. The best pack is Melbourne, and that's cause they know all they need to do is barge it up, and Cronk and smith will assume control when they're in the 20. With us, it's barge it up. Okay now we're in the 20, we need to do this etc. Reynolds and mbye should be doing that. This is all cause of Des.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nope, been disappointed every win we've had this season, except for the big one over the Broncos. We never put teams away and always opt for the easy way out. Perfect example was against a weak Souffs outfit, we dominated in the first half and then we just let them off the hook. Mentally our side is weak imo. Watch heads drop tonight if Thurston lays one on early.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nope, been disappointed every win we've had this season, except for the big one over the Broncos. We never put teams away and always opt for the easy way out. Perfect example was against a weak Souffs outfit, we dominated in the first half and then we just let them off the hook. Mentally our side is weak imo. Watch heads drop tonight if Thurston lays one on early.
Good point, the big win over the Donkeys was significant not only for the scale of it but mainly for the manner in which the team played. The win over Manly at Brookvale had a similar feel. The forwards played a power game and the opposition in both of these games had no answers.

If we use the same game plan tonight we can beat the Cowboys for sure, but which button will Des Hasler push? We need to forget about being careful and reserved . . . just go out and bash them like the Dogs of War!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
There's something fundamentally wrong with a team when they will clearly try to defend a 6-10 point lead for 40-50 minutes whilst having no answers should they fall more than 6 points behind. That's been us all year.

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
where have you been bro.

miss you inside info.

do you think we will beat the cows tonight?
We will have to play really well to beat them tonight. Without Kasiano its going to be difficult. Depends which Josh Reynolds shows up.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When was the last time we lifted fro a big game
Only one I remember in recent times is first semi vs Melbourne in Melbourne
Last year sucked and this year more of the same
There is no fire in the belly
No pride in the jumper
No bounce back factor

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
When this team is on, it's on. Passes stick , plays work.

When it doesn't, this team is prolly close to one of the worst in the comp.

Even in the best of times I remain unconvinced. We don't seem to construct tries, they seem to happen through just randomness. If you look at the top tier teams, they seem to know what to do.

And yes, our forward pack is a myth. On paper they are great, in reality they are too caught up with being half backs. The best pack is Melbourne, and that's cause they know all they need to do is barge it up, and Cronk and smith will assume control when they're in the 20. With us, it's barge it up. Okay now we're in the 20, we need to do this etc. Reynolds and mbye should be doing that. This is all cause of Des.
I still think the raiders have the best pack by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.