Another Tino special. Were we lucky not to have lost our captain to a Brocken jaw?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The upper jaw, but not the lower, is part of the skull

1) At what point did we say or mention “skull”?
2) Your point is irrelevant. A penalty will be awarded for contact from the neck up. The more heinous ones drawing a charge.

I am okay with the NRL deeming certain actions as part of the game - not every head high needs a suspsenion, not every legs tackle is a hip drop. We’re square on that.

Where they lose me is - this bloke has form. And his action, of which he was cited 2 weeks ago - goes completely unpunished. And this time, the outcome was worse.

If it looks like a duck it’s probably a duck.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me....Judiciary you are certainly fools....

I am absolutely amazed that he has not been charged and in fact the judiciary saw it as simply careless and not worthy of a charge.

WTF????

In our game we lose our hooker for the remainder of the game after the on field Dr, decided he should go for an HIA yet the officials on field and in the bunker did not feel that the contact that caused it was untoward....no penalty, no on report THEN we have Api hit the same way with a raised forearm whilst Tino in possession of the ball THIS time it is put on report just about straight away after a replay, not a live decision by the referee decided it warrants on report.

Honestly if the judiciary feels that these types of actions are not chargeable then good luck to anyone who plays the Titans because it seems that Tino can ( and does) just about anything he wants. Technically he now has established form for this sort of play and will feel compelled to continue doing it because he is allowed to. Is there a difference between carrying the ball up in attack and doing it and making the same play as an attacker....well yes because players who have done hits to the head whilst defending have been punished.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me....Judiciary you are certainly fools....

I am absolutely amazed that he has not been charged and in fact the judiciary saw it as simply careless and not worthy of a charge.

WTF????

In our game we lose our hooker for the remainder of the game after the on field Dr, decided he should go for an HIA yet the officials on field and in the bunker did not feel that the contact that caused it was untoward....no penalty, no on report THEN we have Api hit the same way with a raised forearm whilst Tino in possession of the ball THIS time it is put on report just about straight away after a replay, not a live decision by the referee decided it warrants on report.

Honestly if the judiciary feels that these types of actions are not chargeable then good luck to anyone who plays the Titans because it seems that Tino can ( and does) just about anything he wants. Technically he now has established form for this sort of play and will feel compelled to continue doing it because he is allowed to. Is there a difference between carrying the ball up in attack and doing it and making the same play as an attacker....well yes because players who have done hits to the head whilst defending have been punished.
Then everyone wonders why I blow up about the match officials on every dogs game day thread. Instances like this is why I do so.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised he wasn't charged? Basically their rules are as a defender any contact is an automatic penalty, bin and suspension, but for attacking players any reckless contact with the defenders head is fair game and play on..

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who cares, good on tino, little api with his Greco Roman splayed leg pull every second tackle hammering the groins of players, got what he deserved. Had a tear in my eye when he dished it out out to pugsley Mahoney and now to mango, beautiful thing when a big man that has **** in him isn’t afraid to use it. Just beautiful it was.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised he wasn't charged? Basically their rules are as a defender any contact is an automatic penalty, bin and suspension, but for attacking players any reckless contact with the defenders head is fair game and play on..
At the post conference when asked about his attacklin style & should he be making changes. Tino replied that it's a contact sport & happy with his technique. He did mention that sometimes defenders put their heads in the wrong position.... grub..and the.NRL.haa allowed to.continue..least till after SOO

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who cares, good on tino, little api with his Greco Roman splayed leg pull every second tackle hammering the groins of players, got what he deserved. Had a tear in my eye when he dished it out out to pugsley Mahoney and now to mango, beautiful thing when a big man that has **** in him isn’t afraid to use it. Just beautiful it was.
WTF big day on the pipe champ...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Sheens blow up about it in the presser? From previous issues he has highlighted in post game interviews he has indicated he is going to get after the ***** with labradors where he has felt they have been wronged.
Seems wrong to me on the vision I just saw so how they ruled it ok idk.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly what Ennis kept saying on the Fox sports commentary.

Maybe he should go visit Korisau in hospital
Why? i’m sure he’s seen someone with a fractured jaw already

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciraldo should have blown up after this grub, and Suali attacked Mahoney. I have said this for WEEKS that the club needs to stand up for our players and go nuclear on the match day officials. But as usual, they do nothing, and I get laughed on here. It's beyond a joke now.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Said in the other thread if you are foot shorter and 20kg lighter than the bloke you are tackling and you are trying to tackle around the ball you are going to come off second best every time and I see this stupidity at junior football every weekend. API got his jaw broken because of poor technique, if he bends his back and hits Tino low it doesn’t happen. The ball carrier is entitled to brace or put bumpers up before impact. The mahony tackle was different he raised the forearm and lunged that said it was also poor technique from Mahoney but Tino should have copped a charge for the raised forearm. The api tackle is play on that’s why there was no charge.

Last edited: