Another shooting 27 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I still like Chris Rock's idea

This idea won't work. In Australia guns are illegal but you still hear about people getting shot and killed.
Usually criminals too, just like the United States.
Most of the killings with firearms come from illegal firearms from people who are not permitted to carry and usually the killings are gang related over something pathetic like a $15 drug debt.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
With or without the second amendment these shootings can still occur.
Maybe it's possible, but it's a lot less likely and it will make mass shootings a lot less common.

There's no sane reason for a civilian to own an assault rifle and anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit of a gun nut imo.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Love the optimism but that will never happen in America. Guns are like assholes over there, everyone has one and they believe it's in their rights to have them.
Sadly, I have to agree with this. My uncle moved over there. He used to be very level headed and sensible on most issues. The other day, during an argument about gun control, he actually argued that people should be allowed to own nuclear weapons if they could afford them.

It was one of most ridiculous statements I've heard in my life....

I wish he'd move back. I really do. People go nuts just from living in that country.

That country should be called the United States of Fucking Lunacy if you ask me.

When will this shit end? Never, because stupid American people will continue arguing against common sense in the basis of certain libertarian ideas that are completely nonsensical.

It's so sad. These gun deaths in the states could be limited by sensible policy....but it will never happen.... because.... collective insanity!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This idea won't work. In Australia guns are illegal but you still hear about people getting shot and killed.
Most of the killings with firearms come from illegal firearms from people who are not permitted to carry and usually the killings are gang related over something pathetic like a $15 drug debt.
It's an odd one. Most gun crime (over 96% of gun crime) is from illegally owned firearms. But most mass shootings are from legally owned firearms and most gun deaths (when including mass shootings, gun crime, suicide and accidental gun death) are from legally owned firearms.

So reducing firearms would likely reduce the amount of gun deaths but not the amount of gun related crime.

Another weird thing is the debate on whether the buy back in Australia reduced gun crime. Gun crime started dropping when gun regulations were put in place, and gun crime and gun based suicide dropped after the buy back program, but gun crime and gun related suicides were already dropping when the buy back came in so no one really knows if the buy back was effective.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So was it a Dindu, Isis or an antifa faggot?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe it's possible, but it's a lot less likely and it will make mass shootings a lot less common.

There's no sane reason for a civilian to own an assault rifle and anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit of a gun nut imo.
That's true. From memory I think all assault rifles made after 1986 are banned for sale in America and the only ones allowed are the ones made and sold before 1986, but it's still odd that ones made and sold before 1986 are still allowed to be owned and sold. Although there are restrictions on the ownership from memory.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What a complete and utter crock of shit. We are starting to mirror the us in many ways but have nowhere near the extent of gun violence in this country and that is because of our much more sensible gun laws. We have not had one mass shooting since we changed our laws. Name one?

It's impossible to completely prohibit guns from society, but if you restrict legality, you restrict access and you restrict the amount of bloody, violent incidents that will occur. That's just common sense IMO.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's true. From memory I think all assault rifles made after 1986 are banned for sale in America and the only ones allowed are the ones made and sold before 1986, but it's still odd that ones made and sold before 1986 are still allowed to be owned and sold. Although there are restrictions on the ownership from memory.
Yeah it's the assault rifles that get me. Who cares when they were made. They were still designed to deal out death to humans and killing humans is not legal....so why should owning any sort of assault rifle be? It's nuts, just nuts!

And it's pretty easy to get modifying equipment and convert your semi to a fully automatic if your death machine isn't efficient enough....

Lunacy!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So was it a Dindu, Isis or an antifa faggot?
None of the above apparently. We don't know much yet but apparently he was a white Christian guy born and raised in the Bible Belt of America who served in the US Air force and taught at Bible camp (according to his LinkedIn account, details yet to be confirmed)

In other words, just a nutjob who had access to fire arms.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sadly, I have to agree with this. My uncle moved over there. He used to be very level headed and sensible on most issues. The other day, during an argument about gun control, he actually argued that people should be allowed to own nuclear weapons if they could afford them.

It was one of most ridiculous statements I've heard in my life....

I wish he'd move back. I really do. People go nuts just from living in that country.

That country should be called the United States of Fucking Lunacy if you ask me.

When will this shit end? Never, because stupid American people will continue arguing against common sense in the basis of certain libertarian ideas that are completely nonsensical.

It's so sad. These gun deaths in the states could be limited by sensible policy....but it will never happen.... because.... collective insanity!
It's an odd country. If you go to most towns in the East Coast or West Coast you wouldn't even know people owned guns. Most people in the areas don't own guns and if they do then they don't talk about it or carry them around. Go to Middle America and everyone owns a gun and they'll make sure that you know they do.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah the 1986 thing is just automatic weapons in general. After seeing that bump stock thing in vegas (i didn't even know they were a thing yet alone legal), it doesn't matter. Just buy a semi-auto version of an assualt rifle totally legally(and very easily too) than buy a bump stock and ya pretty much got the full assault rifle anyway. Even in semi-auto mode those rifles are still ridiculously over powered for any darn civilian to just be able to buy at local shop.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently a civilian with a weapon confronted him and he ran away. I'm guessing he was already out of ammo by then 'cause it doesn't say that any fire was exchanged between him and the weapon carrying civilian. He managed to escape to his car but died shortly after in a police confrontation. They haven't confirmed if police shot him or if he shot himself.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
None of the above apparently. We don't know much yet but apparently he was a white Christian guy born and raised in the Bible Belt of America who served in the US Air force and taught at Bible camp (according to his LinkedIn account, details yet to be confirmed)

In other words, just a nutjob who had access to fire arms.
Unconfirmed reports that he was an antifa faggot. Had their flag on his Facebook.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah the 1986 thing is just automatic weapons in general. After seeing that bump stock thing in vegas (i didn't even know they were a thing yet alone legal), it doesn't matter. Just buy a semi-auto version of an assualt rifle totally legally(and very easily too) than buy a bump stock and ya pretty much got the full assault rifle anyway. Even in semi-auto mode those rifles are still ridiculously over powered for any darn civilian to just be able to buy at local shop.
Yep. The AR-15 is almost identical to the M4 assault rifle especially when you use a bump stock or similar. They actually used a select fire version of the AR-15 during Vietnam.

What they would need to do is to restrict the firing rate of the weapon 'cause right now the semi-auto weapons are only restricted by how fast a person can pull the trigger. Bump stocks are one answer to this but there's new devices that are more scary. They have a glove that twitches your finger rapidly to allow for full auto fire. The problem you get with the bump stock is that it causes more recoil so accuracy is reduced. You don't get that with the glove.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently a civilian with a weapon confronted him and he ran away. I'm guessing he was already out of ammo by then 'cause it doesn't say that any fire was exchanged between him and the weapon carrying civilian. He managed to escape to his car but died shortly after in a police confrontation. They haven't confirmed if police shot him or if he shot himself.

some reports are saying a local chased him and shot him while he was trying to run away

so USA should be grateful that the number of deaths were reduced just because another guy had the gun to stop the lunatic with the gun

#greatlogic

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They're now saying that police didn't kill him and he was either killed by the civilian who confronted him or by a self-inflicted wound. Police apparently turned up after he died.

Served in the US Airforce and was dishonourably discharged by court martial. Lived the next town over but had a relative in that town that may have been the main target.

Status
Not open for further replies.