Andrew Ryan... what a legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you. I don't think Ryan is really the right man to captain this team and I agree in recent years we really could have used a captain with more of that natural fire.

I just think he is one of our best and most loyal clubmen....I think a player of his quality (both on field and around the club) should be sent off with utmost respect. I don't mind people talking about his shortcomings....but I think it should be done more respectfully by some people...and I think he gave our club a lot and while we are all frustrated and looking for answers right now, we surely shouldn't forget that.

So yes, new captain in 2011 by all means....but Bobcat showed the club so much respect....the way we say goodbye to him shopuld reflect our appreciation of that fact I think

I understand people will be critical on here....it's just that a few of the comments have actually seemed malicious...I don't understand that malice towards someone who cares as much about the joint as we do

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you. I don't think Ryan is really the right man to captain this team and I agree in recent years we really could have used a captain with more of that natural fire.

I just think he is one of our best and most loyal clubmen....I think a player of his quality (both on field and around the club) should be sent off with utmost respect. I don't mind people talking about his shortcomings....but I think it should be done more respectfully by some people...and I think he gave our club a lot and while we are all frustrated and looking for answers right now, we surely shouldn't forget that.

So yes, new captain in 2011 by all means....but Bobcat showed the club so much respect....the way we say goodbye to him shopuld reflect our appreciation of that fact I think

I understand people will be critical on here....it's just that a few of the comments have actually seemed malicious...I don't understand that malice towards someone who cares as much about the joint as we do
Well said mate.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have seen Lockeyer with his head down after his team gets pumped in goal. You can't scream every second of the game, you need to respect your team mates.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

agreed. if he was treating the club poorly, like mason, maitua or any of them other blokes acting like tossers who were ****ting on our club circa 2007/2008, then i could understand the malice and wouldn't have an issue with it. but the bloke's done nothing to warrant the completely unnecessary and over the top comments by people

i've no issue if people want him to move on, or if he's to stay, i've no issue if they want him to hand over or share the captaincy. no issue at all with any of that. it is beyond me why people choose to be so disrespectful when it's very easy to show a bit of respect. it takes bugger all effort.

then people demand loyalty from these blokes only so they can boot them in the back of the head when they're not happy with them at some point? it's disappointing to see supporters ****ting on good clubmen like that so needlessly

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bloke definately deserves another year based on what i'm seeing this year. He make 50+ tackles per game and loves the club more than any of the other guys we have playing for us IMO. I think dual captains next year with Ennis/Ryan would work well for us...they both have a different kind of attitude and a dual captaincy could really help us out IMO. When we need a cool head Ryan is the man to step up, and when we are getting done over/need to step up our gaem you can look at Ennis. Let's not forget that bobcat won a premiership in his first game as a captain. He has well and truly been a great loyal clubsman. Most of my Parra supporting friends would love to have the guy back - i think we are way too critical of him jus because he is the captain and we haven't had much success of late. He is always leading by example with his workrate and passion for the club. Maybe he does need a bit more fire but I think having dual captains into 2012 would help us alot...give the bloke another year!! he deserves it. He has been through alot of tough times with us and is our only player left from the 2004 premiership side. We really need someone to guide the new forwards and not one of our back rowers is remotely capable of doing this except Ryan. If we get rid of him it's a bad move...we need some stability in our team and Ryan is the only one who we can rely on for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.